Engine spool up

The CRJ for MSFS tutorial by TheDude shows engine startup with much slower and more realistic spool up than in P3D. Since I have both MSFS and P3Dv5, the new CRJ will be a first day purchase for me. Nevertheless, I would like the new features to be retrofitted in P3D, too. What is the position of the developer?

Michael

More than likely, it's an issue with the Prepar3D SDK, rather than Aerosoft's modelling. You never know though. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The difference between Aerosoft and other devs is, that Aerosoft sticks strictly to the SDK, while others very often do things outside the simulator to achive certain functionality.

The drawback not following the SDK is to get in trouble when the sim changes massively and this is the case between v4.5 and v5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
On 3/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, michael-t said:

understood, but what did "More than likely, it's an issue with the Prepar3D SDK, rather than Aerosoft's modelling" mean?

Michael

It's a limitation of the FSX engine model which is still used in P3D - it has nothing to do with the SDK. What other developers do is actually modify N1, N2, FF and ITT indications to make it look like the engine starts slower - the actual simulated FSX/P3D engine always starts the same way. I do the same in several cases but haven't had the chance yet to make the engine startup look more realistic. It's been on my list for quite a while though and I hope to finally find the time, now that the MSFS version is done. MSFS has a much better engine startup by the way and doesn't need much "indication modification".

Archived