Honeycomb Configurator Logical Operators (AND, OR, NOT)

I believe I have a basic understanding of how to configure my new Bravo Flight Controls using the Honeycomb Configurator tool.  However, I am interested in using multiple conditions simultaneously.  Ultimately, I would like to re-program the INCR/DECR knob to allow me to adjust the "fine" and "course" knobs of the Garmin 530.  My idea is to program the FCU_SELECTOR so that when it is switched to, for example, IAS, it will control com1.  However, I would like to toggle whether it is in "fine" or "course" tuning mode by using one of the switches.  For example, if Toggle 7 is OFF, and FCU_SELECTOR is IAS, then INCR/DECR is "fine", else if Toggle 7 is ON and FCU_SELECTOR is IAS, then INCR/DECR is "course".

Does the Honeycomb Configurator accept logical operators (AND, OR, NOT) in the condition field to allow me to achieve this, or is there another way to do this that I am not aware of?

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

the next version of the ConfigTool allows for having multiple Press- and ReleaseEvents as well as the possibility to group conditions with AND/OR via a Condition-Link. Then you should be able to do what you seem to want to do.

Great!  Thanks, @BenBaron!

Do you have any resources that might give me an idea as to what the release date might be?

For the time being, I can simply program the other FCU_SELECTOR settings for the fine/coarse adjustments, but I will certainly be on the lookout for the new version for when it comes out.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben,

I'm having trouble getting the condition-link to work.

Can you give a brief example of a condition-link with two conditions using "AND" for the condition?

thanks,

bob

• Aerosoft

Hi Bob,

well: you can define as many conditions as you like for a press- or release event. Should you link them togther with "OR", the associated event with all its variables will be executed as long as at least one condition evaluates to "true". If you link them together with "AND", all of them must evaluate to "true" for the event to become executed.

Hi Ben,

I have set up a simple test of the CONDITION-LINK switch but I cannot make it work.

1. I created a Press-Event for ToggleButton7 top, IncDecFINE
  2. I created/set variable1, INT:SElFINE,   VALUE 1
  3. I created a Press-EVent for ToggleButton7 bottom, IncDecCOARSE
  4. I created/set variable1, INTSElFINE, VALUE 0
  5. I tested the switch with ShowBindings turned ON
  7.  I created a Press-Event for INCR switch, "HDG-COARSE"
  8.  I created Condition 1: NAME: INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string  /  VALUE: HDG  /  VARIABLE: sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_down
  9. I created  Condition 2: NAME: INT:SElFINE  /  VALUE: 0  /  VARIABLE: sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up
  10. I set HDG-COARSE Condition-Link to AND
  11. Here is what I am seeing

Selector   SW7    Result when turning INCR switch cw

ALT           TOP     Heading increases  (cond2 firing even though both conditions are FALSE)

ALT            BOT     Heading increases  ( cond2 firing even though cond1 is FALSE

VS             TOP      nothing    ( works correctly, no conditions firing )

VS              BOT    Heading increases   ( works correctly, no conditions firing )

HDG           TOP     Heading decreases  (  Cond1 firing even though Cond2 = FALSE )

HDG           BOT     Heading decreases  ( both conditions are TRUE, Cond1 is firing. )

Here are pictures of the settings.

What do you think? 

I set an internal variable, INT:

• Aerosoft

Hi Bob,

while it is always difficult to creep into another persons mind to try and understand what he wants to do I tried nevertheless :-)...and think the misunderstanding is the following:

You defined your variables directly as part of one condition via "Show variable area"...this is a special case as this one variable defininition will ALWAYS be fired if that exactly one condition evaluates to true. So..."sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up" will always fire if "INT:SElFINE" equals 0, regardless of what is defined for condition 1. The condition link does NOT apply for the variable in "Show variable area", as that is linked directly to only this one condition.

What I feel you want to do is define "sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up" via the disctinct "Variables" section directly below "Conditions" which will only be active if the confitions linked together via the Condition-Link are met.

Hi Ben,

Although I did not mention it, I had already tried your suggestion, not using the "Show Variable Area", but using the distinct "Variables" section only.

When I tried to enter a command into the "Variables" section only, it would not save it.

I selected the command from the list correctly and it stuck. sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up

I pressed the "Apply Changes" button, then "Close" button.

Then I again opened up the "Variables" section only, and looked at "Variable 1".

It says "Select Variable", not remembering my command just I entered earlier.

I then entered a value of "1" for the command, "Apply Changes", "Close".

Then reopened the variable and it remembered it. So I had to enter a value to make the variable remember the command.

When I loaded X plane I got the message from "AFCBridge|AFC_Yoke", "This profile contains "sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up" with value "1" which does not seem to be a writable variable for this aircraft, it will be discarded"

I tried it anyway in x-plane, and it did not work. The heading never increased in any condition as expected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

ps. the experiment is just to test the "AND" and "OR" conditions to make sure they work before I dive into creating a bunch of "Press-Events".

Make the heading bug move only if the selector switch is set to "HDG", and Button 7 is in the DOWN position.

I want to make four press events for each Selector position ( 5 positions, 20 press events )

* two for INCR, and two for DECR, for each selector position

* a different "repeat activation" setting for each INCR/SELECTOR pair, changed by the position of button 7

this way I can use button 7 as a "coarse/fine" switch for any of the Selector items

ie : rapidly moving the heading 180 degrees in two short twists of the knob in "coarse mode", then switching button 7 and fine tuning the heading in "Fine mode"

This will work fine for all selector items, if I can get the "AND" condition link to work.

pps: when turning the "INCR/DECR" knob, my hand is practically on switch 7 already, so transitioning from COARSE mode to FINE mode would be very quick and easy.

• Aerosoft
On 15.4.2021 at 15:12, rsh rsh sagte:

Hi Ben,

Although I did not mention it, I had already tried your suggestion, not using the "Show Variable Area", but using the distinct "Variables" section only.

When I tried to enter a command into the "Variables" section only, it would not save it.

I selected the command from the list correctly and it stuck. sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up

I pressed the "Apply Changes" button, then "Close" button.

Then I again opened up the "Variables" section only, and looked at "Variable 1".

It says "Select Variable", not remembering my command just I entered earlier.

I then entered a value of "1" for the command, "Apply Changes", "Close".

Then reopened the variable and it remembered it. So I had to enter a value to make the variable remember the command.

When I loaded X plane I got the message from "AFCBridge|AFC_Yoke", "This profile contains "sim/GPS/g1000n1_hdg_up" with value "1" which does not seem to be a writable variable for this aircraft, it will be discarded"

I tried it anyway in x-plane, and it did not work. The heading never increased in any condition as expected.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob

I just looked into it and this is indeed a bug: If you don't enter a value for a variable, the ConfigTool won't save it...but the plugin requires a commandref to be without a value. We will have to fix that on our end...in the meantime, if you feel comfortable doing that, you "could" try open the profile.json using a texteditor after your adjustments in the ConfigTool and replacing "Value": "1" with "Value": "". This should get the plugin to recognize the commandref correctly in sim.

So...from this:

To this:

Archived