EDDH elevation issue

Bloodhound

Hello, 

I have an issue with EDDH, there's something like a large sign on the taxiway. The airport is updated and i don't have any terrain addon installed for Germany. EDDH is right at the top of my scenery configuration list. 

I don't have any other issues with it, the airport is wonderful. Any ideas what is causing this?

Thank you very much for your help.

Please login to display this image.

27 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Would you please tell us more about the Simulator you use, and which Hamburg Product you have?

Sorry, i forgot to mention that. I am using P3D V4.5 and Sim-Wings Pro Hamburg.

• Developer

Ok,

please check in the P3D-V4\scenery\world\scenery folder, that you have a file named AFX_EDDH_SW_ALT.bgl and that this is the only file related to EDDH.

Please also check, if you may had a other EDDH Addon before, which is not correct removed.

I can not see any part in the code of Sim-wings Pro Hamburg, that be able to generate this funny structure. Important is, that the scenery is installed correct via the installer and not added manually to the Scenery Library List.

I checked and the file you mentioned is the only one related to EDDH in that folder. I used the installer, so i didn't add anything manually to the scenery library and I don't remember installing any other EDDH add-ons in the past.

I had Orbx Global, Orbx Vector and Orbx OpenLC Europe installed, so i uninstalled them one by one and checked. The strange structure was still there, even after uninstalling all the Orbx stuff.

Next i uninstalled the Sim-Wings EDDH airport, so what was left was the default P3D scenery. As you can see in the first screenshot below, the structure on the taxiway disappeared.

Then i installed Sim-Wings EDDH again directly over the default P3D scenery, and the weird structure was again visible (see second image). So it is probably somehow related to the EDDH add-on.

• Developer

The problem is, that the default airport has a higher level, the structure is not able to pull it up and get visible.

As we could not see it and it is never reported before, I have no idea, what on you PC can generate that.

The Sim-wings scenery has a full plane flatten in this area (not vertexes of the flatten in that area) and the Sim-wings afcad as no taxiway structure there, which could generate this, even when the Alt Values would be wrong or the flatten parameter is not „NONE“

When it is a general fault of the Combi of Default Sim and Sim-wings scenery, all developer, beta-tester and User PC will show this effect, what is not happen.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sim-Wings EDDH in P3Dv4.5 HF 3 with all Orbx stuff installed.

After some more investigations, it seems that the issue is related to Just Flight Traffic Global. Uninstalling it removes the weird structure on the taxiway, but of course i would like to continue using it. I know that traffic global generates some BGL files for traffic, but i'm not sure what to do next. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Search for any bgl with EDDH in its name and which is outside the sim-wings EDDH installation folder. If one is located in the Traffic tools installation folder rename it and see what happens.

Search string should be *eddh*.bgl

• Developer
1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Search for any bgl with EDDH in its name and which is outside the sim-wings EDDH installation folder. If one is located in the Traffic tools installation folder rename it and see what happens.

Search string should be *eddh*.bgl

But please keep the files named AFX_EDDH_SW_ALT.bgl, which is located in the <p3dV4>\Scenery\World\Scenery folder, it is from sim-wings pro Hamburg and needed for this airport in P3D V4.

If it was deleted already, start the EDDHConfig Tool in the sim-wings pro Hamburg folder and close it with Save+Exit, this will recreate this file.

When in the Scenery\World\Scener folder another EDDH related file is found, then it needs to be deleted, it is from a different Hamburg addon.

Thank you for the suggestions, i searched for *EDDH*.bgl but the only file outside the EDDH installation folder is AFX_EDDM_SW_ALT.bgl in \Scenery\World\Scenery folder.

I will ask the Traffic Global developers, maybe they have a solution for this.

• Developer

Is there any entry for the justflight traffic in the scenery library list? As long as they don‘t replace the default files, that could be a location where afcads are located. Afcads often part of the Ai addons to enhance the number of parkingpostions, but it‘s possible, that they don‘t have them for single airports only, so the name don‘t have the IVAO Code in the name.

1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Is there any entry for the justflight traffic in the scenery library list? As long as they don‘t replace the default files, that could be a location where afcads are located. Afcads often part of the Ai addons to enhance the number of parkingpostions, but it‘s possible, that they don‘t have them for single airports only, so the name don‘t have the IVAO Code in the name.

There's nothing in the scenery list, all i could find are these BGL files in the add-ons folder (see image below). I will try to find out more.

Archived