Hard time learning those instruments for vertical move ( descent speed, etc..). See picture attached.

Etienne Loyon

Hi everybody. I have a beginner's question.

I read the best I could the devoted manual 2 but there is something I don't get (maybe because I am not native English speaker)

By now I practice what seems relatively simple : GPS flight based on Flight Plan. I am more used to the garmin 500 but I will manage I think.

I have hard time dealing with adjusting the altitude.

What I understood : you want to flight at 2000 ft. Once you fly at 2000feet, , you click on the trim up button   then on the ALT button. As a result, starting from this point, your plane will stabilize automatically at 2000 ft.

Please login to display this image.

But I did not understand how to "inject" a correct descend speed".  I don't understand the use of the "set altitude" panel . And maybe there is an adjustement on one of the instruments of the picture, I don't get the importance.

I will synthetize my question in an unique imaginary situation :

You're 40 nm of your ToD (point to start you descend) You are let's say 15000 feet high  at the time when the Distance to this point of descent is 40nm and you would like to arrive there at its (prescribed) height, let's say 2400 feet hight. How do you plan your flight using  the Collins AP and whatever else is necessary. .

I did not find time  to learn the performances of the Twoot ext. So, my figures might be irrealistic. Proper correction appreciated.

Thank you so much for your time.

Please login to display this image.

Archived