Bratislava Airport and City priority in P3Dv4 Scenery Library and configuring Default Bridges option

altack

Hello Pavel and everyone,

First of all thank you so much for your fantastic Bratislava scenery.

After installing it and run the Orbx Vector AEC tool, I encontered a problem with wrong water texture and default bridges still showing (see first attached screenshot).

Since I also have freeware Slovakia phototexture sceneries installed I checked my P3Dv4 Scenery Library and found out that both Bratislava City and Bratislava Airport priorities were very low, down below almost all other sceneries (see second attached screenshot).

How can I move up the priorities so as to get both entries over any other Slovakian sceneries ?

Moreover, but is it related ?, it is not possible within your configurator to set the "Default Bridge" option: either case (Activated or Deactivated) is not ticked when opening the configurator.

When I set "deactivated" I get the proper config saving popup window but when opening again the configurator there is no setting at all... (see the third attached screenshot)

Thank you in advance for your help on both matters!

Best regards,

Francois

Please login to display this image.

Hello.

Default bridges should be disabled by the configurator. When you restart the configurator, it will show that this option is inactive. When closing the configurator, you must set the value to disable bridges back. 

If, for some reason, your default bridges remain, please rename the default file in which the default bridges are located.

It is along the path: Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4 \ Scenery \ 0601 \ scenery

File name BRX52140.bgl

Make the name BRX52140_off.bgl

Regarding how to raise the priority of scenery.

Try to disable your scenery. Restart the simulator and reconnect them below. 

I will take an interest in the issue of priorities from colleagues and when I have the information I will write to you.

Try this.

In the upper right corner, there are buttons: "Move UP" and "Move Down".

Highlight your scenery that you want to prioritize below Bratislava, and use the Move Down button to lower them below Bratislava.

I think this should help

• Developer
26 minutes ago, Pavel1971 said:

Hello.

Default bridges should be disabled by the configurator. When you restart the configurator, it will show that this option is inactive. When closing the configurator, you must set the value to disable bridges back. 

If, for some reason, your default bridges remain, please rename the default file in which the default bridges are located.

It is along the path: Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D v4 \ Scenery \ 0601 \ scenery

File name BRX52140.bgl

Make the name BRX52140_off.bgl

Regarding how to raise the priority of scenery.

Try to disable your scenery. Restart the simulator and reconnect them below. 

I will take an interest in the issue of priorities from colleagues and when I have the information I will write to you.

To rename a BGL file like you advice here, will not end in a disable of the BG, its only a rename for BRX52140 into BRX52140_off, both with type *.BGL

To deactivate default files is not the solution for an issue, its only a bad workaround.

20 minutes ago, Pavel1971 said:

Try this.

In the upper right corner, there are buttons: "Move UP" and "Move Down".

Highlight your scenery that you want to prioritize below Bratislava, and use the Move Down button to lower them below Bratislava.

I think this should help

The Move UP and Down buttons don't work for Add-on.xml registered Addon entries, only for scenery.cfg added addons. The grayed out entries could not be select to move them.

But when the user like here use the C:\Program Files folder as install destination for FS addons and has a total mix in the orders of more then 700 entries, it will be hard to help in this chaos.

I agree. But I used just such a workaround in order to disable the default bridges.

Oliver, if possible, could you please contact me. I need advice on disabling default facilities that are outside the airport.

In Liepaja, I will have the same nuance. I will need to edit the ORBX file. while I went the way that this file disabled.

If you do not mind, I would be happy to consult with you. 

• Developer

When Orbx is involved, it is important to set the "Insertpoint" in there configtool below the first Airport Addon. This has to be checked after each install of an airport, because P3D adds new airports always at the end (lowest Prio) of the Add-ons (is Entry.0 in the add-ons.cfg)

If possible, it is maybe better to select the highest default entry of the scenery.cfg.

Regarding Exclude of bridges, the <ExclusionRectangle ... /> code to generate the exclude of objects, like excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects="TRUE", is not depending to the Airports. If option to define them is mostly part of the AFCAD tools like ADE and will be written infront of the Airport data into the XML of the AFCAD, but it can be also defined seperate in a single BGL. The XML can be compile as all others with BGLCOMP:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<FSData
   version="9.0"
   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
   xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd">
   <ExclusionRectangle
      latitudeMinimum="53.6298130452633"
      latitudeMaximum="53.6314582452178"
      longitudeMinimum="10.009029507637"
      longitudeMaximum="10.009685754776"
      excludeAllObjects="FALSE"
      excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects="TRUE"
      excludeGenericBuildingObjects="TRUE"
      excludeLibraryObjects="TRUE"
      />
  </FSData>

The values for the min/max of Lat and Long you can find with google earth or in ADE with FSUIPC installed by connect the Sim the ADE and move the aircraft to the bridge location. The area is always the recangle area within the lat/lon borders.

Thank you, Pavel and Oliver,  for your answers.

Just to be absolutely clear: I made a perfectely standard install using the provided Aerosoft installer.

I don't really understand Oliver's statement regarding the "use the C:\Program Files folder as install destination" since it is the Aerosoft way with P3Dv4 ?!?

I tried several things as workarounds:

Regarding your config tool it is working OK, I checked the BRX52140.bgl file and it is correctly set to BRX52140.OFF (but the way the option is greyed when opening the config tool is rather confusing).

Nonetheless "default" bridges are still present so it is related to other sceneries I have !

I checked all slovakian freeware I have by deactivating each one, one by one.

The offending bridges are still there so I assume it may be related to Orbx Global Vector (that I didn't deactivate).

So far these extra bridges are still visible but, when deactivating the freeware Slovakia Ortho scenery, I got back the proper water texture...

Now regarding the priority level I used the Lorby-Si Addon Organizer and put both LZIB airport and City on top of the list (next to LZKZ and LZTT which, by the way, convinced me to buy ASAP your Bratislava job).

It didn't changed the texture problem: the green texture is still visible when the freeware SK Ortho scenery is active !

So, to sum up :

- Config tool is OK

- It is likely the bridge problem is Orbx related

-there is an incompatibility with freeware SK Ortho scenery from Project VFR Slovakia

You may see the latest attached screenshot with SK Otho scenery deactivated and the extra bridge still visible...

Hope it will help,

Francois

EDIT: I just saw the Oliver suggestion regarding Orbx insertion point and it is set as it was for quite a long time (and with proper LZTT & LZKZ install).

I'm afraid the excluding job is not in my scope  🙂

Oliver, thanks for the recommendations.

Regarding bridges, I don't know what to advise you at this stage. I disabled them by the banal renaming of the BRX52140.bgl file in both versions of Prepar3D.
From ORBX products, I have orbx open lc europe and orbx global installed. In orbx vector, you can try to exclude Bratislava.

• Developer

There is no need to rename files, just a exclude with the parameters shown above over the bridges area will remove them, as long as your addon is in the layering above the addon, which generate them (Default and/or Orbx).

I'll try to do this.

When I have information on this matter, I will immediately write about it.
If you have any questions, I will ask for more.
If everything works out, I will additionally post a file that can be added to the scenery 

Oliver, I compiled a test bgl file using bglcomp.

I have not set the exact coordinates of the bridges yet, I have set the conditional coordinates, I wanted to check if the file will be compiled.

I have this question.
along the Danube in Bratislava 4 bridges. Can I take coordinates for the exclusive rectangle for the four bridges? Or will it be a large area?

• Developer

The size is not relevant, you can cover the complete city, when you want to exclude all. Every type of object you set to „true“ inside the lat/lons you define will be removed.

Is it enough for me to make such a configuration file with my coordinates then?

<FSData
   version="9.0"
   <ExclusionRectangle
      latitudeMinimum="53.6298130452633"
      latitudeMaximum="53.6314582452178"
      longitudeMinimum="10.009029507637"
      longitudeMaximum="10.009685754776"

/>
  </FSData>

With your coordinates, my file is compiled.

I flew up to one of the bridges, rewrote the coordinates, and the file with them does not want to be compiled?
I probably do not correctly write the coordinates of the rectangle.
I took coordinates using Google Earth, from Sketchup, there is such a possibility, the result is negative.

Perhaps I am writing the rectangle coordinates incorrectly?

<FSData
   version="9.0"
   <ExclusionRectangle
      latitudeMinimum="48.138839821"
      latitudeMaximum="48.138771015"
      longitudeMinimum="17.128086016"
      longitudeMaximum="17.128403828"
      excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects="TRUE"
      excludeGenericBuildingObjects="TRUE"
      excludeLibraryObjects="TRUE"
      />
  </FSData>

• Developer

The Latitudeminimum Value is larger then the Latitudemaximum.

Switch the Values and then try it again. The rest seam ok.

To your post before, when you have only excludeAllobjects=„false“ in the file, it does nothing. So here you need to define the types you want to exclude, as in my example, for the bridges the excludeExtrusionBridgeObjects="TRUE" is the relevant setting.

When you have only excludeAllObjects=„true“, all type of objects are removed.

More info you find in the P3D SDK:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/sdk/world/scenery/scenery_overview.html#ExclusionRectangle

Bgl was compiled. This is understandable.
Four more questions :) 

These coordinates are point coordinates, directly near one bridge.

How can I write coordinates over a larger area?

Will ORBX library objects be excluded in addition to the default simulator objects?

If I need to exclude a house, I have to remove this line
  excludeGenericBuildingObjects = "TRUE"?

Is it enough for me to place the compiled file in the directory of my script (Prepar3D v4 Add-ons \ LZIB_Airport \ LZIB_Airport \ Scenery)?

Oliver, thanks for helping!

• Developer

The lat/lon values describe a rectangle, where latitudeminium is the southern boundary and latitudemaximum is the northern boundary.
With longitude min/max it is the western and eastern boundary.
Everything in this rectangle is removed.

Which objects can be removed is defined by the exclude.... parameters.
If Orbx Library puts objects from buildings there, you must specify excludeLibraryObejcts="true" as parameter.

Houses from the autogen cannot be removed with this command, this requires a CVX shapefile that has autogenexludes as parameter.

What you can remove with the exclude, just try with excludeAllObjects="true", what is then still there, probably comes from the autogen.

The compiled BGL needs to be part of your scenery folder of your addon.

Thanks Oliver!

"Altack", I will try to make exclusion polygons for bridges this week.
Besides that, I need to fix a few more points.

Then, with the publisher, we will decide whether to make an update immediately, or it will be enough for me to post additional files or edited files on some resource and give a link to them.

Oliver, thanks again for your help!

• Developer

Updates should be provided via the ASupdater, not via other linked downloads or here attached files. Contact your Aerosoft Productmanager (William ?) to give you the contact to the technical staff.

Everything works.
BRX52140.bgl file active.
I did an exclude on the area of 4 bridges, compiled it. I checked it in both versions of Prepar3D, there are no default bridges. 

"Altack", so in the near future everything will work correctly and besides that, there will be some more fixes :) 

I will write in this thread, so as not to start others.

From now on, I put aside all work on other projects and will deal with the updates of Bratislava.
I think that within 10 days, a maximum of two weeks, I will prepare them.
What will be included there.
1. Exclude default objects outside the airport. This point has already been completed.
2. The terminal will be redesigned. The interior will be made in it. The gateway windows will be translucent, they will also have an interior and people will walk inside.
3. Some more fixes.

The screenshots show a test version of the windows.

I apologize for not doing this right away. Many things I learn while working on projects :)

• Developer

Please don't use a support thread for any previews. Therefor exists a special Subforum here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/103-product-previews/

Also the Screenshot forum is not the correct place to show previews of upcomming Addons or Updates.

I close this one, as the issue is addressed.

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived