PMDG 777 P3Dv5 update

balus

I understand that the download files for the PMDG 777 P3Dv5 update have been sent to Aerosoft, when will they be available to download for existing customers?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that PMDG opted to release on a friday evening, and we now have weekend, I would be surpriced to see it being avaliable here at Aerosoft before the start of next week.

But offcourse they can surprice us.

1 hour ago, chipkiel said:

Will we be able to download it from the instant download section of the aerosoft shop? 

-Charles

Once they are released - yes. I wouldn't expect them before monday for the reasons mentioned already.

3 minutes ago, captainwhale said:

Is it going to be available today?

I'd imagine sometime after 1200 Central European Time.  But we can only hope :) . In the meantime I'm visiting the download section of the aerosoft shop about every hour or so.

Respectfully,

Charles

Vor 1 Stunde, captainwhale sagte:

Is it going to be available today?

I also hope that Aerosoft uploads the latest version today, i hope that in the future the whole thing might run a little more efficiently, so that even customers of Aerosoft can get the products from PMDG no later than the next day, although it is very likely that Aerosoft has no influence on this because the data comes directly from PMDG and are therefore dependent on them.

22 minutes ago, FlyReal87 said:

I also hope that Aerosoft uploads the latest version today, i hope that in the future the whole thing might run a little more efficiently, so that even customers of Aerosoft can get the products from PMDG no later than the next day, although it is very likely that Aerosoft has no influence on this because the data comes directly from PMDG and are therefore dependent on them.

So Aerosoft should have people sitting in their office during weekends in case of some other developer chose to release updates friday evening ?

So, am I getting this right? You guys also don't see any 777 update for P3Dv4/v5 in the database at all? I only see an update for the FSX version right now.

1 minute ago, 9004 said:

So, am I getting this right? You guys also don't see any 777 update for P3Dv4/v5 in the database at all? I only see an update for the FSX version right now.

The FSX version was not updated this time, only p3dv4 , v5. Maybe you are looking at something old?

Just now, Finn said:

So Aerosoft should have people sitting in their office during weekends in case of some other developer chose to release updates friday evening ?

Maybe companies like PMDG (knowing that some customers need to receive their updates on different ways) could improve their release timing. Had they just kept it until today, saying "Phew. Took longer" noone would have complained, I guess. We know PMDG refuses to stick to fixed timeframes, so why push out the update on late friday?

We've seen something similar with the MSFS sim update just before christmas: they published an update which led to a lot of problems for many users and then went about their (well deserved) holiday leaving the simmers without support.

Just now, BennyK said:

The FSX version was not updated this time, only p3dv4 , v5. Maybe you are looking at something old?

I know. But looking at the support database, I can only choose this version. But this doesn't help as this version was not updated recently.

5 minutes ago, 9004 said:

Maybe companies like PMDG (knowing that some customers need to receive their updates on different ways) could improve their release timing. Had they just kept it until today, saying "Phew. Took longer" noone would have complained, I guess. We know PMDG refuses to stick to fixed timeframes, so why push out the update on late friday?

We've seen something similar with the MSFS sim update just before christmas: they published an update which led to a lot of problems for many users and then went about their (well deserved) holiday leaving the simmers without support.

Or simply accept that buying from other sources than the developers own shop might cause a delay for getting updated files.

Normally PMDG updates goes via their Operations center app.

vor 27 Minuten, Finn sagte:

Hello Finn, 

that was not my statement, of course not,  sorry that you have misunderstood my message, for this reason i had written earlier the following "although it is very likely that Aerosoft has no influence on this because the data comes directly from PMDG and are therefore dependent on them,, i also think that everyone who knows Aerosoft a little longer knows that you are based in Paderborn, Germany, and that they don't work on weekends,  i think so everything is said from my site.

vor 14 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Until now AS didnt receive any files. so calm down and wait.

Hello mopperle 

i can only say what I have read, and according to another customer of Aerosoft who said he had read a post where Mr. Kok said in an interview with FSElite that you should have received the data from PMDG after the store closed on Friday, but as you already say, we'll just wait a little longer and see when the update is also available for us here in the shop, so we calm down and wait. :)

vor 7 Minuten, FlyReal87 sagte:

Hello mopperle 

i can only say what I have read, and according to another customer of Aerosoft who said he had read a post where Mr. Kok said that you should have received the data from PMDG after the store closed on Friday, but as you already say, we'll just wait a little longer and see when the update is also available for us here in the shop, so we calm down and wait. :)

This is what Robert S. Randazzo wrote last Saturday morning on the PMDG forum:

"A note for our Aerosoft Customers: We tried very hard to get this release done mid-week in order to give Aerosoft time to make the update live in their system for you, but unfortunately this didn't happen. We will be sending them the data that they need late tonight, but I do not know if it is reasonable to expect them to get set up for you to obtain the update during the course of the weekend. Please be kind to their support team- the release schedule is OURS, not theirs- and we know they will be on top of the update just as soon as possible."

vor 5 Minuten, Chris767 sagte:

This is what Robert S. Randazzo wrote last Saturday morning on the PMDG forum:

"A note for our Aerosoft Customers: We tried very hard to get this release done mid-week in order to give Aerosoft time to make the update live in their system for you, but unfortunately this didn't happen. We will be sending them the data that they need late tonight, but I do not know if it is reasonable to expect them to get set up for you to obtain the update during the course of the weekend. Please be kind to their support team- the release schedule is OURS, not theirs- and we know they will be on top of the update just as soon as possible."

Hello Chris767,

i have read that post also in the PMDG Forum, anyway thx for the info, let us see an wait...

Archived