Aerosoft A319 flight control problems in P3D V4

TheRealThing89

Please watch the attached video before commenting.

I am running the latest version of everything on Windows 10. So don't ask me to update as there is no need to.

During the after-start/before taxi checklist it runs through flight controls. My rudder pedals are fine, my aileron is fine, my elevator is a pain. It is not recognizing my elevator at all in the Flt Control system it is completely dead, what gives? I calibrate my joystick in FSUPIC NOT in P3D itself and my joystick is calibrated CORRECTLY! Don't mention anything about Null Zones or Sensitivity as FSUPIC doesn't do that. If my Calibration in FSUPIC wasn't correct my aileron, rudder etc wouldn't be working as you can see in the video, so why is the elevator being a pain? This is what i need help with. In the video you can see where i calibrate the elevator in FSUPIC and for some reason in the Axis Assignment in FSUPIC it says my Elevator is assigned to Rudder and in the video you can see me change that to Elevator so that if i move my joystick back or foreword it should register as Elevator but it doesn't, what gives? Sorry if i am sounding a bit angry it's just frustrating me trying to sort this.

I have also copy and pasted this thread on the FSUPIC forums incase it is an issue with FSUPIC and not an Aerosoft problem. I just want to know why my Elevator isn't working in the Aerosoft Airbus but it works fine in other addons.

Please watch the video before commenting. I didn't go out my way recording this problem for nothing.

FSUIPC5.ini

2 hours ago, TheRealThing89 said:

Please watch the attached video before commenting.

I am running the latest version of everything on Windows 10. So don't ask me to update as there is no need to.

During the after-start/before taxi checklist it runs through flight controls. My rudder pedals are fine, my aileron is fine, my elevator is a pain. It is not recognizing my elevator at all in the Flt Control system it is completely dead, what gives? I calibrate my joystick in FSUPIC NOT in P3D itself and my joystick is calibrated CORRECTLY! Don't mention anything about Null Zones or Sensitivity as FSUPIC doesn't do that. If my Calibration in FSUPIC wasn't correct my aileron, rudder etc wouldn't be working as you can see in the video, so why is the elevator being a pain? This is what i need help with. In the video you can see where i calibrate the elevator in FSUPIC and for some reason in the Axis Assignment in FSUPIC it says my Elevator is assigned to Rudder and in the video you can see me change that to Elevator so that if i move my joystick back or foreword it should register as Elevator but it doesn't, what gives? Sorry if i am sounding a bit angry it's just frustrating me trying to sort this.

I have also copy and pasted this thread on the FSUPIC forums incase it is an issue with FSUPIC and not an Aerosoft problem. I just want to know why my Elevator isn't working in the Aerosoft Airbus but it works fine in other addons.

Please watch the video before commenting. I didn't go out my way recording this problem for nothing.

FSUIPC5.ini 3.41 kB · 0 downloads

I just wanted to provide a little expectation mitigation... while the Airbus Professional is compatible with FSUIPC, Aerosoft does not provide technical support for FSUIPC beyond Volume 7 of the documentation).  This is primarily because the FSUIPC authors (Pete and John) already offer top tier support via their website, located at:

https://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

My very best wishes to you.

Don't know the

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Logitech Extreme 3D
0.GUID={9D8A9050-A597-11EA-8001-444553540000}

But why there are 2 axes for the elevator ?

[Axes]
PollInterval=10
RangeRepeatRate=10
0=0X,256,D,1,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Aileron }-
1=0Y,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
2=0R,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-
3=0S,256,D,4,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Throttle }-

Remove this            2=0R,256,D,2,0,0,0    -{ DIRECT: Elevator }-

and try again...

I have done a bit of dective work and the bug is with the Aeorosft Airbus not a calibration issue. I have been able to perform a Take Off with my Aerosoft Airbus so it isn't a joystick/hardware problem, the problem is with the Aircraft its self. During the Flight Ctrl check it doesn't reconise my Elevator but if i select"skip item" and then taxi and take off i can take off fine so my joystick is calibrated correctly and we can rule out a FSUPIC issue. I did a fresh Calibration to make sure it wasn't a Joystick problem and we can safely rule that out now as I said the Aircraft can take off fine and things my elevator is working properly but for some reason the Flight Ctrl checklist entry doesn't reconise my Elevator even though the actual aircraft can take off with no problems at all.

I had a look at the Aerosoft Updater to see if there is any updates to the A320 series as I currently have 1.3.1.0 installed, i did see there is an update for P3D V5 but because I am usuing P3D V4 i am not updating to the P3D V5 release 1.4.2.0 as why would i since I have no need for it since i don't own P3D V5.

The latest stable version for A320 on P3D V4 is 1.4.2.0 - you may have to redownload and reinstall, since this is a full version (and the 1.4.2.0 update came with mods to the checklist...). And again: having two axes assigned to the same control in fsuipc is a bad idea, maybe you already have fixed that ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
45 minutes ago, TheRealThing89 said:

Thats a lie.

Mind your wording!

Tom is true, latest version is 1.4.2.0. When you would have read the documention, you would have come across the "Aerosoft Updater Tool" that allows you to keep your product on the latest version. There is also a special topic about this updater and how to use it:

And the only bug is within your setup and not wthin the product.

But obviously you are not really interested in a solution, otherwise you would have answered Tom's question regarding your axis assignment.

I am happy to say I have fixed the problem. I had to delete the FSUPIC.INI file and calibrate again, everything seems to be fine now. I do apologise for my frustration towards people trying to help, this has been going on for a while now.

I also updated to 1.4.2.0. but i have encounterd a bug. The camera seems to change views every 15-30seconds. I am usuing Chaseplane. Before i updated the Aerosoft Airbus to 1.4.2.0. i verfied my Chaseplane files in Orbx Central and all is good with Chaseplane. What i want to fix now is why am i getting these view changes when I am not pressing anything?

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 minutes ago, TheRealThing89 said:

I am happy to say I have fixed the problem. I had to delete the FSUPIC.INI file and calibrate again, everything seems to be fine now. I do apologise for my frustration towards people trying to help, this has been going on for a while now.

I also updated to 1.4.2.0. but i have encounterd a bug. The camera seems to change views every 15-30seconds. I am usuing Chaseplane. Before i updated the Aerosoft Airbus to 1.4.2.0. i verfied my Chaseplane files in Orbx Central and all is good with Chaseplane. What i want to fix now is why am i getting these view changes when I am not pressing anything?

Disable in Checklist options the FiewFocus. Was introduced with last update. In the A330 we had that already for a long time.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived