PFPX 2.04: CTD - Faulting module name: ntdll.dll

Hi, last night I updated the AIRAC and this morning PFPX is not working.

After launching it, after a few seconds it suddenly closes. I took a look at the windows event viewer and this is what I found.

Nome dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: PFPX.exe, versione: 2.0.4.0, timestamp: 0x5fdb05ce
Nome del modulo che ha generato l'errore: ntdll.dll, versione: 10.0.19041.804, timestamp: 0x039874b8
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x000621d3
ID processo che ha generato l'errore: 0x1134
Ora di avvio dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: 0x01d70bffe4e44c71
Percorso dell'applicazione che ha generato l'errore: E:\Programmi\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l'errore: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
ID segnalazione: 2beaaf83-887a-4a45-88db-ccd688bea615
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: 
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l'errore: 

I tried to follow the instructions read here but it creates other problems for Navigraph and, more precisely, for Simlink. So now I'm back to square one.

Some advice?

Thank you.

The vcredist files in the linked post are somewhat outdated.

First step now is to uninstall any 2015, 2017, 2019 Microsoft Visual C++ files ( x86 and x64 ) via windows control panel and reinstall the Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 (x86 and x64) posted HERE

Reboot and try PFPX again.

If it still fails try reinstalling the AIRAC to exclude a corrupt download.

Hi srcooke, I followed your instructions and I have to tell you that by uninstalling Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 (I had neither 2017 nor 2019) and then installing "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" from the Microsoft website, to the next restart Navigraph worked fine.

However PFPX continued to have the usual problem.

I downloaded the AIRAC specific for PFPX from the Navigraph website, I installed them and, initially I thought that everything worked because when starting PFPX the software asked me if I wanted to update the database. I replied yes but, after finishing the update, PFPX closed itself.

Now if I try to launch PFPX after a couple of seconds it closes by itself, exactly as it did before.

I don't know if, at this point, I will have to uninstall PFPX and reinstall it again (it depends on the suggestions you will give me) but, if I really do, I would like to at least save the profiles and templates of my three airplanes.

How to proceed?

Thank you.

Maybe I understood: yesterday my subscriprion server period expired. It can't be a coincidence, maybe the problem wasn't AIRAC but from this?

Please login to display this image.

Yes, on some systems an expired server subscription can cause PFPX to close upon connecting to the server.

If PFPX stays open long enough set weather source to none or an alternative third party, otherwise disconnect from the internet temporarily and make the change, reconnect.

Archived