Nav Data Pro and AviaSoft2 in P3DV5.1

Jim1716

Well deputy dog here you go.  I was led to believe that it would work with P3DV5 before I purchased it.  If there isn't a data set can my one year purchase start when there is a data set available?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, first of all there is a difference between Aviasoft and AivlaSoft. Aviasoft is software for ballooning which got nothing to do with P3D (or any other flightsimulator). So next time simply check your writing. ;)

Yes, there is no special entry for AivlaSoft with P3Dv5, but if you look at the given installation paths, you will recognize that they are all the same for all types of simulators. Means that it is independent from the flightsimulator. So simply tick the "select" box, then all will be marked and you can install the latest cycle.

Sorry  for my typo.  I'm a  stroke victim and am now a poor writer and thinker. I have done what you said but get an error plus the cycle remained at 1802.R1 and not 2101.R1 Have attached the EFB2 screen (bottom) to show the present cycle after doing what you instructed.

Jim

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you haven't downloaded the AivlaSoft EFB data before, they are not available locally on your system, and you must switch the source to "server".

In this case the data will be downloaded and correctly installed afterwards.

Problem is, it won't let me do that.  I need to delete everything that is Nav Data Pro on my machine including the registry entries and there is no simple way to do this because the program is not in the "Uninstall a program list" yet other Aerosoft programs are.

I got a message that files were opened a

s follows, but AIRC still 1802.R1.  What files should be in EFB2?Server? I can not get the loader program to offer me the opportunity to lad from Server. The folders AFCAD and AIRAC are empty.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do you still have the folder

• C:\Users\JIM\Documents\Aivlasoft\EFB2\Server\

configured in NDP? Also, it is enough, to select just one of the EFB2 items in the NDP add-on list.

If this folder does not exist or is empty

• C:\Users\JIM\Documents\Aivlasoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Aerosoft NavDataPro\

there is a folder configuration problem in your NDP. Make sure, that the user you are logged in with into your Windows has full access to the JIM\Documents folder. Best run the NDP client as administrator (right click the NDP program sybol, then select "run as administrator").

Yes have the C:\Users\JIM\Documents\Aivlasoft\EFB2\Server\  and C:\Users\JIM\Documents\Aivlasoft\EFB2\Server\AIRAC\Aerosoft NavDataPro\. Have always run these files as administrator. What file/files should be in the AFCAD folder?

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is what NPD installs on my machine:

And this is my NDP configuration:

I don't have EFB2 installed so I can't check if it is able to pick the data up from there, but according to the Aivlasoft knowledgebase this is the folder where the navigation data belongs in, so it should work.

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3069-navdata-installation-paths/

If your EFB2 is not picking up the data from there you should get in touch with Aivlasoft.

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 minutes ago, srcooke said:

@Jim1716 You have imported the AIRAC via the EFB Database Builder ?

AFCAD folder will be empty by default

That's exactly what I just wanted to ask too.

You have to run the EFB Database Builder:

When it is finished, you should see this

And when you "Quit" and run the EFB server you should see this:

And running the client you should see this:

Tom

Sie sind ein wunderbarer Kerl, der einem alten Mann hilft, dieses Programm zum Laufen zu bringen. Gott schütze dich.

Vielen Dank

Jim Mitchell

Barrie, Ontario, Canada

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived