Episode 03: The Originating Checks!

The Dude

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello everybody and welcome to the third episode! In this video I will show you how to perform the originating checks.

As another side note; The cockpit sounds can sometimes not be easily heard. (the oxygen and stickshaker sounds for example) I had to tune down the sound a bit so you do not hear a loud avionics fan the whole time. Some sounds are also still in beta, so what you hear is not 100% representative of the final product.

If you have any questions about this video or it's topic feel free to ask or comment here!

And here is the link to Volume 3 of the manuals:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=157882

• The Dude changed the title to Episode 3: The Originating Checks!

I was just going to ask how the bit where you popped out the EICAS display might be in VR, but as VR effectively puts you into the pilot's seat, everything should already be pretty well laid out for all processes anyway.

I know, I know, I'll just go back to waiting patiently.  ;)

• The Dude changed the title to Episode 03: The Originating Checks!

Question: When do we turn on the probe heat? I noticed that it is not a checklist item but during shutdown it is (to turn it off) so I'm not sure when I should turn on probe heat

• Deputy Sheriffs
37 minutes ago, ManBOSS64 said:

Question: When do we turn on the probe heat? I noticed that it is not a checklist item but during shutdown it is (to turn it off) so I'm not sure when I should turn on probe heat

Check out episode 6, you switch them on after you started the engines.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 3/19/2021 at 6:47 PM, FSXManu said:

Quick question as I'm curious. Why should we never ever push the High Pwr Schedule Button?

It was a running joke in my company. We were one of the first to receive the CR7 and the documentation was iffy at the time. The people at Bombardier just told us in the sim to never ever touch it when we asked what "that" button does. In the end it is not part of any checklist or procedure during normal and abnormal ops. We only used it during technical acceptance flights, if at all.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was a running joke in my company. We were one of the first to recieve the CR7 and the documentation was iffy at the time. The people at Bombardier just told us in the sim to never ever touch it when we asked what "that" button does. In the end it is not part of any checklist or procedure during normal and abnormal ops. We only used it during technical acceptance flights, if at all.

Ah okay. But if someone tells you to never ever press the button, then you reeeeally wanna press it :P 

2 hours ago, ManBOSS64 said:

The probe heaters on the CRJ are actually automatic. They come on at 1/2 power when at least one engine generator is online, and will go to full power once the aircraft is airborne. The switches (in ON position) insure the probes will be fully heated in flight even if the automatic system fails.

Archived