Episode 07: Taxi Out and Taking Off!

The Dude

• Deputy Sheriffs

Welcome to another video in the Come Fly With Me series. This is episode 7 and we will taxi out to holding position RWY 06 and depart via the WRB1X towards Munich.

If you have any questions about this video or it's topic feel free to ask or comment here!

Here is a picture of the MSA, minimum sector altitude, I talk about in the video. It is the "orange" circle. Within this circle you are atleast 1000 feet above the highest obstacle with 25nm of EDLP if you fly in 4200 feet. 

Please login to display this image.

And here is the link to Volume 3 of the manuals:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=157882

• The Dude changed the title to Episode 7: Taxi Out and Taking Off!

Hei :)

Small questions:

- Does the CRJ also 'wiggle' in clouds? I quite like how it looks in the video.

- The AP is oscilating while climbing, is this due to turbulences or a smaller bug right now?

Thanks!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hey, I am not sure what the "wiggle" should be but the weather does influence the behaviour of the aircraft in the sim. The tail wagging the default aircraft had in the beginning is definitely not present anymore.

The oscilating is the result of multiple factors. It is a bit of turbulence, a bit of RW behaviour and a bit of code optimizing. The CRJ also oscilates IRL when flown in IAS/CLB/DES mode. This is normally more the case above FL190 or so but we try to find a good mix between realistic and rock solid.

I don't fly these bigger planes in the Sim as a rule, and I'm NOT a pilot of any kind. But I have to say I'm VERY impressed with this plane right now. I'll be following any videos from now on, and who knows, you may well have got yourself a customer who wouldn't normally consider this type of Aircraft.

Well done Sir, you did a great job in presenting this product. To all the team on development, big thumbs up. Very nice indeed.

Hello Dude,

Nice takeoff. One question regaring engine thrust.

IAS is allmost 80 knots before engine is stabilized at takeoff target, depsite that engine was stabilized at 50% N1 before TOGA was selected.

Is this normal acceleration for the CF34 engine?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The real CF34 will reach it thrust setting sooner. It is one of the things that will probably improve as the core simulation improves.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:39 PM, The Dude said:

The real CF34 will reach it thrust setting sooner. It is one of the things that will probably improve as the core simulation improves.

Yes, the acceration seems a bit slow (no trust set announcement..)

So this improvement is outside of Aerosoft control?

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, AVFC said:

So this improvement is outside of Aerosoft control?

I am just the pilot here. ;) 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I am just the pilot here. ;) 

You can say that again :)

Please make an entry in the tech log and hopefully the engineers will sort it out 🔧

• The Dude changed the title to Episode 07: Taxi Out and Taking Off!

Archived