Episode 09: Touchdown!

The Dude

• Deputy Sheriffs

Welcome to another video in the Come Fly With Me series. This is episode 9 and we will fly the last portion of our flight to Munich.

If you have any questions about this video or it's topic feel free to ask or comment here!

And here is the link to Volume 3 of the manuals:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=157882

• The Dude changed the title to Episode 09: Touchdown!
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Actually the workload is pretty low during this approach. You just need some more experience with the aircraft and it will be like riding a bicycle. Most of the work was already done in cruise flight. The CRJ is a very forgiving aircraft when you screw up your energy management.

The only thing that is typical CRJ during the approach is the lack of autothrust. But if you fly the aircraft 4 times a day week after week you will also move those thrustlevers without even thinking about them. Did you know that the „travel range“ of the thrust levers is 3 times larger than that of an Airbus? This helps a lot with finetuning and getting a subconscious feel for the „correct“ thrustlever position. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just make sure to tap the brakes to see if they work incase you would like to make a long roll out. 

@The Dude I wonder about the landing lights. I've been told that those should come on/off when you pass 10.000ft, but in the video you wait until you received landing clearance on final approach. What is the correct procedure?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I switched on the landing lights in FL100 as you should do. Some airlines use the TAXI light as a reminder for the landing clearance and this is what I did in the video. 

The CRJ has three landing light switches and one taxi light switch to the far right of the lights panel.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I switched on the landing lights in FL100 as you should do. Some airlines use the TAXI light as a reminder for the landing clearance and this is what I did in the video. 

The CRJ has three landing light switches and one taxi light switch to the far right of the lights panel.

Ah, I watched it one more time now and I missed that. Thank you.

Archived