Lufthansa - do they file SID/STARs in their flight plans?

Hi all,

I have doing a bit of cargo flying of late and was wondering if anyone would know if LH/GEC file SIDs/STARs or account for them in the OFP?

Most airlines I'm used to in Oz don't but am less sure about European practice!

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I am also slowly building a statistical contingency database for airports I fly into - I was trying to think of some way we can all contribute to something similar, but it would depend a lot on whether or not the user's PFPX profile/bias are accurate.

Cheers,

Rudy

Hiya mate,

that will depend on the origin airport! In Germany filing SIDs is required, as well as STARs if applicable. But that's not the case in every country, not even within the realm of EASA members. 

Your best bet will be to check the www.edi-gla.co.uk database individually. Make sure you click the "view source" button in order to view the full ATC flightplan that was actually filed.

On 2/25/2021 at 2:50 AM, Willibird_753 said:

Hiya mate,

that will depend on the origin airport! In Germany filing SIDs is required, as well as STARs if applicable. But that's not the case in every country, not even within the realm of EASA members. 

Your best bet will be to check the www.edi-gla.co.uk database individually. Make sure you click the "view source" button in order to view the full ATC flightplan that was actually filed.

Awesome, cheers mate.  I use that site all the time but never noticed that "view source" button.  That helps a lot - thanks very much!  You learn something new every day...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived