EFIS problems on Professional A330-300.

John Ferriss

Dear Support staff,

A few weeks ago I was flying the A330-300 and after about thirty five minutes in to the flight I noticed that I could not get the EFIS mode selector and the range control switches to work. I wanted to select the Plan mode and change the Range mode and discovered that when I utilized the relevant switches the display on the ND remained the same and would not allow me to effect changes on the EFIS. A couple of days later I used the 330 again and the same problem occurred, this time prior to take-off. I then uninstalled the aircraft and reinstalled it, and attempted another flight. The EFIS problem persists and I wonder if you can tell me why this may be happening. When I purchased the aircraft there were no such problems with the system.

Thank you for any assistance.

John Ferriss

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, John Ferriss said:

Will this version not work in P3Dv4.5

Of course does it work with P3Dv4.5

22 hours ago, John Ferriss said:

When I purchased the aircraft there were no such problems with the system.

So it worked before? Then the questions is what might have changed on your system. Maybe a Windows Update? So check that you really have the latest Windows version running. We have seen weird things regarding this.

Well I completed a flight from Birmingham to Gdansk and the 330 performed flawlessly. The EFIS mode and range switches functioned as they should do. I'm not sure what I did or did not do but all seems ok for right now.  I'll be able to tell with the next flight. My thanks to support folks for your help.

Regards,

John

Archived