Episode 01: The Safety Checks!

The Dude

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello everybody and welcome to the first tutorial video about the AS CRJ for MSFS! Volume 3 of the CRJ documentation describes a flight from Paderborn to Munich and in this series we will also perform this flight. You can first read the manual or just check out the videos, or do both ofcourse.

We will have one topic in this section for every video. If you have any questions about the safety checks you can ask them here.

In this video we will talk about the first thing a flightcrew does when they enter the cockpit; the safety checks: (ps, be sure to watch the video in 4K)

And here is the link to Volume 3 of the manuals:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=157882

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

TheDude, that technical log, is that a chronological list of anything crew reports and mechanics do on the aircraft?  I googles and seen a lot of different type.

All aircraft flying for the airlines have their own technical logbook in which every flight, every technical check, every reportable snag and every resulting maintenance action is documented. It must go where the aircraft goes, you may not go off block without it. As this is the most up to date document concerning the technical status of the aircraft it is always checked before a flight as a legal requirement.

This logbook does not have an infinite number of pages so when it is full you get a new one for the next flights but the old one must also remain onboard for some time. 

• The Dude changed the title to Episode 01: The Safety Checks!
  • 11 months later...

Sorry for the late bump, but I'm rewatching these as I've picked up flying the CRJ again.  

A question about the intro to the videos; I think I can get the "minimums" call out by setting the DH or MDA on the side panel, but the V1 call out is a mystery.  I've done some searching and I think I saw a post on here that it's not part of the CRJ and not planned on being added... So what is it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi there! An auto V1 call out is not part of the (RW) CRJ. The short intro video does not represent the product in this respect. It was meant more as an FO call out. Same goes for all the call outs in the intro, at the time of making this video the product was in beta and did not have any call outs at all. 

Hi Dude, thanks for taking a moment to reply, and thanks for making the excellent video series!

I understand it's not part of the RW CRJ, but did you have someone record it for you, or were you using a program/tool?  I was asking because if it was the latter I'd be interested in checking it out.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hey Joe, thank you for the kind words.

The callouts are just seperate overlayed audio tracks in the intro video. There is no “trigger” in game to make them work. Maybe there is some add in program like FS2Crew that gives you these callouts. 

On 2/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, Joe Markowski said:

Hi Dude, thanks for taking a moment to reply, and thanks for making the excellent video series!

I understand it's not part of the RW CRJ, but did you have someone record it for you, or were you using a program/tool?  I was asking because if it was the latter I'd be interested in checking it out.

I made a callout system using spad :)

Archived