Twin Otter cockpit check!

Grahame Myers

Here's a nearly ten minute video I found, where the chief pilot from Maldivian Air Taxi shows you round the cockpit of the Twin Otter.

Interesting to see that the avionic and instrument fit is pretty basic, just like the aerosoft Twin Otter.

There are some other interesting details, like the fact that they don't use the auto-prop feather for their float versions, and a lot of other good stuff. Enjoy!

Regards

Grahame

• Aerosoft
Here's a nearly ten minute video I found, where the chief pilot from Maldivian Air Taxi shows you round the cockpit of the Twin Otter.

Interesting to see that the avionic and instrument fit is pretty basic, just like the aerosoft Twin Otter.

There are some other interesting details, like the fact that they don't use the auto-prop feather for their float versions, and a lot of other good stuff. Enjoy!

Regards

Grahame

And all on bare feet....

The only time I've tried flying in bare feet was a long time ago in a Blanik glider.

Wasn't such a good idea: In a glider you need a lot of rudder in turns, and you need quite a lot of force to push.

As well as that, the rudder is usually nothing more than a piece of tubing, ouch!

After an hours flight, I climbed gingerly out of the cockpit, and hobbled away across the grass, causing much amusement for all concerned. Never again!

And then the weather here in Europe.. :cry:

Regards

Grahame

Yes, nice video although I don´t think that justplane is happy to see parts of their DVD on youtube :wink:

http://www.justplanes.net/maldivian-air-twin-otter.html

Hope this link is not undesirable advertisement. If yes, just delete the link but it´s a really nice DVD!

And also interesting for people understanding German is that DVD (although there´s just a 15min part for the bare feet flyers):

search for "der Traum vom Fliegen" at the online shop of

http://www.takeoff-tv.de/frame.htm

Ooops!

My bad, I'd no idea that the youtube vid. was a hack out of copyrighted payware. If I'd known that, I wouldn't have posted the link. Sorry justplanes!

The DVD looks nice though, I'd no idea it was on the market, maybe I'll buy it anyway!

Regards

Grahame

I just bought the video, as it looked so good. Thanks for the heads-up!.

And in the process of surfing around there, I found a link that allows you to post Youtube vid.clips, within justplanes limits:

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload

And the video I posted a link to is within the limits, so I guess that's ok.. :D

Regards

Grahame

I just saw your other link, but spamcans aren't really my bag, and the "Scarebus" is not one of my favorite aircraft :mrgreen:

My aircraft have to have propellers, and no FMC to program :wink:

I'm mostly too lazy to file a flightplan and fly IFR, I just fly VFR and enjoy the scenery :D

Regards

Grahame