How to use the TCA throttle and reverse levers with Aerosoft Aibusses for FSX

SimWare

• Aerosoft

How to use the TCA throttle and reverse levers
with Aerosoft Aibusses for FSX

PDF version here

There may be other ways, but this is one that works pretty well without any Thrustmaster driver or FSUIPC.

STEP 1 :

Start the Aersoft Airbus Configurator and check “Throttle Axis Count 2”

Please login to display this image.

STEP 2 :

Start the Windows calibration utility

• Windows key + “r”
  • Type “joy.cpl”

Click “OK”

Calibrate the Throttles lever ON THE THROTTLE RANGE only.

Do NOT include the Reverse portion (This is VERY important)

When this message appears during configuration, make sure the two levers are set in the middle between the “0” and the “CL” Position.

This is crucial to respect the correspondances with the TOGA, FLX, and CL positions.

STEP 3 :

- Start FSX

- Goto menu Options-> Settings-> Controls-> Control Axes
- Assign Engine 1 throttle axis to the left TCA lever
- Assign Engine 2 throttle axis to the right TCA lever

STEP 4 :

- Goto menu Options-> Settings-> Controls-> Buttons/Keys

- Assign one of the reversers virtual buttons to Throttle (decrease)
  (The reversers virtual buttons are triggered by simply putting the throttle levers    

in the reverse position)

- Set some Repeat action to the axis (about 50% is fine)

AerosoftAirbusTCA.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I got it yesterday and tried to hole evening to let it working well, but it doesn´t yet. I´m working with FSX on Win7 and set already the FSX settings in step 3 and 4 above. I can´t do the step 2 because its not possible to select calibration. At the moment ENG1 and ENG2 are possible to select seperate, also thrust rev. is working, but when I have my throttle in idle in the sim its only going down to 63%. Also when engine "cut off" is operating in different direction (cutted when lever is set to "on" and engines running when lever is set to "off") and when I have both engines on "cut off" and select only one engine to start (e.g. ENG2 fuel on) both starting instead of only ENG2.

Hopefully anybody can help me to let it working well. At the moment my previous thrustmaster is not working anymore for Aerosoft A320family and I dont know why, at all other aircraft typs still working fine

Not selectable, I don´t know why. Here two screenshots what is opening when I select it.

I was also pretty unsure during adding "Associate Configuration" at T.A.R.G.E.T which fcf I have to select. I used the blue marked (screenshot)

• Aerosoft

Ok, I see.
To access the original Windows calibration utility, you need to uninstall the TCA driver.
It is the only way to manually determine the portion of the course you want to calibrate.

It is important here as you must avoid calibrating the REVERSE portion. (SEE Step 2)

T.A.R.G.E.T. can stay. It shouldn't be any problem.

I unistall the TCA driver and to be sure I also uninstall T.A.R.G.E.T, but still not possible to select the Windows calibration utility. I heard it should be also possible to calibrate with FSUIPC, is that correct and if yes how its working?

• 1 month later...

Hello Simware. 

I am having similar issues. I have followed the method above and the controller is working, but not quite correctly. 

Reverse thrust is now operable, but when I return the levers to the idle position, eng 1 goes to 50% thrust. If I set full thrust on both of the thrustmaster levers, the virtual levers on the screen are not aligned and on the ecam, it shows 94.5% N1 on eng1 and 100.3% on eng2. Note that to set this full thrust, my thrustmaster levers are set to the middle detent on the white arc (which I think is supposed to be the CL detent) and moving the levers beyond that to FLX or TOGA, makes no further difference in the SIM.

I wondered if I missed something when following your instructions, as when actually calibrating in Windows, there was a stage in the process for calibrating axis z, but I'm not sure what I was supposed to be doing at that stage.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated, as I feel I'm nearly there!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to move this issue on?  I've spent two days trying to get my TCA throttle working with Aerosoft Airbus on FSX with a variety of fixes through FSUIPC4, Linda and the above. Ultimately I have the same issue as above. I installed the Guillemot drivers (as suggested in the Thrustmaster setup documents) and now cannot calibrate as above.

I've tried uninstalling the devices and deleting the drivers, but then every time I connect the device, it seems to download the driver again so I cannot configure as above.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Okay so I've resolved the above issue (for those with the same problem as described above by Martinair and Snith1Snitch, you need to uninstall the device then remove it, then go to Add/Remove Hardware and Remove the Thrustmaster Driver.  Restart and then plug back in and you'll get the Windows Driver.

SimWare - any chance you can now help with the below?

Now I can calibrate using the above process, it's assuming 0 to CLB gate is my full thrust, so when I put the throttle into the CLB gate, FSX initiates TOGA thrust, not CLB. Any help much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

The solution provided by OP fixed 50% of the problem but this settings in the picture below fixed 49% of my problem, just one percent of the problem which is that CLB detent on my controller is just 4-5% power short of achieving clb detent in the game. Know how to fix this? Could it be the calibration ? Otherwise MCT and TOGA is working perfectly 

This The solution provided by OP fixed 50% of the problem but this settings in the picture below fixed 49% of my problem, just one percent of the problem which is that CLB detent on my controller is just 4-5% power short of achieving clb detent in the game. Know how to fix this? Could it be the calibration ? Otherwise MCT and TOGA is working perfectly 

op please help me if it’s a simple fix it is really bugging me that I have to push my throttle slightly above CLB detent to get CLB in game

• 6 months later...
  • Aerosoft

Dear Yeti77,

This is because the virtual buttons are still activated.

The best way is as follows : 

1 - Install the Thrustmaster TCA calibration utility
2 - Make sure you UNCLICK the "Enable virtual buttons"
3 - Uninstall the Thrustmaster TCA calibration utility
4 - Proceed with the above tutorial

An alternate solution is to press a button BEFORE starting the standard Windows calibration utility

and keep it pressed during the whole calibration process.
You can use any button.

Best regards.

Archived