Honeycomb is not appearing under AddOns menu in P3Dv5.

I found brief mention of this topic here but not a complete solution topic.  I am sorry if this is a double post.    I am trying to setup Bravo throttle with PMDG 748.  Downloaded and installed configurator.  Imported the profile, Activated profile Enabled the PMDG option.  Received the success message.  However when I go into the Add-ons section of P3D there is no menu option for Honeycomb.  As far as I can tell the bridge-translator is there but it's not appearing under addons.  Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Please login to display this image.

Also on the related note.  Is there a way to modify variables for PMDG planes.  It appears that configurator is using  some sort of internal offset value not the one in PMDG SDK. 

• Aerosoft

Hi,

as you don't even have the "Honeycomb" menu entry under "Add-ons" it seems something basic went wrong during the install process. So, before dealing with the PMDG specifics, lets figure the basics out first: please attach your add-ons.cfg file from "C:\Users\{ActiveUser}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" for me to have a look.

7 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

as you don't even have the "Honeycomb" menu entry under "Add-ons" it seems something basic went wrong during the install process. So, before dealing with the PMDG specifics, lets figure the basics out first: please attach your add-ons.cfg file from "C:\Users\{ActiveUser}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" for me to have a look.

Hi Ben, thank you for the reply.  I managed to fix the menu problem last night via radical method of completely deleting and reinstalling P3D, configurator and add ons from scratch. So now I'm left with customizing profiles question.  PMDG and otherwise.  I"m trying to keep my buttons assignments uniform across Xplane and P3D planes and trying to avoid LINDA and stick to configurator and FSUIPC alone in P3D  Since LINDA is quite a bit more complicated and tempermental compared to lua scripting in XP.  

So back to the second part of the question is there a tutorial or cross reference file somewhere showing how to customize PMDG mappings for the rotaries and other buttons.  They don't seem to correspond to values in PMDG sdk? Thanks a lot for your help.  

• Aerosoft

Not now, but with version 2.1 of the Configurator update which will be released shortly we will also publish some advanced documentation on how to adapt the PMDG profiles to your liking.

• 3 months later...

I still cannot get Honeycomb to show on my add-ons menu. 

I followed the steps in MrJaraNet video to load profiles and activate them, with no luck. 

• Aerosoft

On 24.5.2021 at 17:05, HZ-AKA sagte:

I still cannot get Honeycomb to show on my add-ons menu. 

I followed the steps in MrJaraNet video to load profiles and activate them, with no luck. 

Hi Faisal,

please attach your add-ons.cfg file from "C:\Users\{ActiveUser}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" for me to have a look.

18 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Hi Faisal,

please attach your add-ons.cfg file from "C:\Users\{ActiveUser}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" for me to have a look.

Thanks for the reply. Attached is the cfg file. 

add-ons.cfg

• Aerosoft

Hi Faisal,

in your file there is absolutely no mention of any installation present refering to the Honeycomb Configurator and Bridge module. Please try reinstalling the most recent version 2.1 from here again and see if that solves your issue.

• Aerosoft

Hi Faisal,

normally the installer should automatically point you into the correct location and make the necessary entry pointing towards it into the add-ons.cfg, so the bridge module can be loaded by P3Dv5. If that does not happen, there might be a registry issue with your P3Dv5 installation somewhere, so the installer cannot do what it is supposed to do.

Although not having the same sort of problem (there is Honeycomb in my P3Dv4.5 Add-ons and both BFC_Throttle and AFC_Yoke are there) I found an Alpha Flight Control Bridge Module in add-on.xml (C:\P3V4 Addons\Honeycomb) + in as_honeycomb_p3dv4.xml ( ...\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products\...) and no mention to any Bravo Throttle xxx Bridge Module anywhere. IS THIS AS IT SHOULD BE OR SOMETHING MISSING?

Printscreen and uploaded files.

Tks

add-on.xml add-ons.cfg as_honeycomb_p3dv4.xml

• Aerosoft

Sure Eduardo.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived