Radar Data Source

remilton

• Aerosoft

The SDK currently doesn’t offer access to the weather system. We have been told that this will change in the future and will revisit the topic then it does. There are no plans to use any other sources because we really like to be 100% sure what the user sees and the aircraft experiences  is what is shown. 

See here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-february-18th-2021-development-update/367553
See feedback Item #6.

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting. I was assuming that this issue meant that 3rd party weather devs (like HiFi/Active Sky) were not able to inject weather data into the sim. I didn't think that it would prevent aircraft devs from reading the weather. How do you deal with basic weather data such as temperature and barometer level? Turbulence, etc. Does this mean that default aircraft can have weather radar but not 3rd party addons? Very strange.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, John2 said:

This is interesting. I was assuming that this issue meant that 3rd party weather devs (like HiFi/Active Sky) were not able to inject weather data into the sim. I didn't think that it would prevent aircraft devs from reading the weather. How do you deal with basic weather data such as temperature and barometer level? Turbulence, etc. Does this mean that default aircraft can have weather radar but not 3rd party addons? Very strange.

We can get wind etc but not precipitation at this moment.  We are sure this will be solved soon.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We can get wind etc but not precipitation at this moment.  We are sure this will be solved soon.

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

I know I'm late, but I'd like to add that the "not planned" response on the weather request in the official MSFS forum is about feeding external weather data into the simulator, like ActiveSky does. It does not mean that weather radar information will never be available.

Archived