Vol 3: Tutorial, Tutorial

Just now, pawel-d said:

@zenit_swe It was skipped because it was probably not the first flight in the day :) . And it's done only once per day.

Regarding shutting the second engine first - it means that after landing we need to shutdown engines in oposite order, so the test can be performed for the other side.

Test is somehow explained (well, maybe not explained, but there is something about it) here: https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/352900-crj-series-fuel-check-valve-check.html

For more info we need to look into system documentation. Or ask The Dude :) .

Thank you! I suspected that, but as it is written you may think you need to briefly turn off the engine right away to complete the test.

2 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

I'm feeling a bit stupid now, but where is the "HDG window" referred to in the "NORMAL TAKE-OFF SEQUENCE AND CALLOUTS" section?

Probably just the heading selector on the PFD. I don't know of any other places. 

4 hours ago, pawel-d said:

It was skipped because it was probably not the first flight in the day :) . And it's done only once per day.

Isn't it implied the flight simulated is the first flight of the day? The oxygen mask is tested along with the stall test and anti skid during the originating checks. These are only done on the first flight of the day, according to the manual. 

4 hours ago, pawel-d said:

Regarding shutting the second engine first - it means that after landing we need to shutdown engines in oposite order, so the test can be performed for the other side.

If this is correct the words could do with some attention as it does state "now you must shut down engine 2". In the context of the manual I interpret this as being done immediately after engine 1 is started.

3 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

I'm feeling a bit stupid now, but where is the "HDG window" referred to in the "NORMAL TAKE-OFF SEQUENCE AND CALLOUTS" section?

It's referring to the area on the PFD just below the ADI. 🙂

Please login to display this image.

Didn't quite know what to do with the picture, so I translated the Text underneath with the color code labeled "Text from the pcture" in bold at the top. I'll do that for any other pictures containing text too, is that ok?

Hey there! With the release tomorrow and my manual almost done I decided I had some time to spare. I didn't want to ruin the formatting by including the text (See immage in post above) so I made an (almost) artifactless template pack for the immages with text on them. The .pdn files are for a program called paint.net (free immage editing tool) and the .png files can have the text added on top of them in pretty much any program.

If you're using paint.net simply hide the top layer, use the color picking tool (shortcut: K) to pick the same color as the text in english, press T to start writing and try to match the font size of the original. When you're happy, delete the top layer (CTRL+A, then DEL) and then merge the bellow layers (CTRL+M) the immage can now be saved as a .png and be put in your translation.

If you're using any other program, I reckon' you know what you're doing.

1.pdn 2.pdn 3.pdn

On page 3-1-5: The weather should be loaded with the situation file, but please do check additionally.

How can I check the weahter? If I use the situation file, the Weather menu is unabled.

One tip: Please put the name of the situation file (CRJ_TUTORIAL_EDLP_EDDM.FLT) for clarification in the manual.

On my computer the situation file is not placed in <MFS-Content>\Community\aerosoft-crj\Data\Documentation
It's placed in <User>AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Page 3-1-12: The CG and T.O. trim a slightly different. The slider under MSFS's Weight and Balance screen is fully right.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 minute ago, auntpink said:

Page 3-1-12: The CG and T.O. trim a slightly different.

ZFWCG without fuel, TOWCG with fuel

18 minutes ago, auntpink said:

How can I check the weahter?

Check temperature on displays, set altimeter with B on keyboard and check, wind sock, look up etc. 

That being said, I personally have had some limited success with situation files. Even saving and loading my own the sim seems to load in the weather a bit different than what I set... So I created a weather preset which works perfectly every time. 

Link to preset - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJ_v4JRQVWGGG7G9ybE8sWPfDfEBrGS6/view

If you need a hand installing... look from 8:25 in this video - 

vor 31 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

ZFWCG without fuel, TOWCG with fuel

I know that. I don't mean the differences between ZFWCG and TOWCG. There is a difference between my values and the values in the tutorial.

It refers to loading the flight plan preset in this manual, which I have as a.zip file, but doesn't state where to unzip these files to?

Do they just go into the community file?

Page 3-1-62

It says: 1.) ... multiply the resulting value by three and there is the distance the aircraft covers during descend.

Should be: 1.) ... multiply the resulting value by three and add 10 to get the distance the aircraft covers during descend.

It says: Step one, remove the last three digits 18,000 -> 28 Step 2: multiply by three: 28 x 3 =84 miles.

Should be: Step 1: Remove the last three digits 18,000 -> 18, Step 2: Multiply by three -> 18 x 3 =54 miles, Step 3: add 10 -> 54 + 10 =64 miles.

On 17.2.2021 at 11:13, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Here is the tutorial. Not as easy to translate because of the aviation related terminology. You will have to decide what to translate and what not. That depends a lot on the country.  French translate a lot, Dutch translate far less.

MSFS_Vol3_Tutorial_20210214 - Copy.docx 57 MB · 1.146 downloads

Hello,

i have done a translation for this document (79 pages) in germany by Microsoft Translator in WORD. It's only a technical translation (no manual reworking of the translation; no correction about the spelling)

I don't know if is allowed to share the document here.

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, Andreas Janssen said:

Hello,

i have done a translation for this document (79 pages) in germany by Microsoft Translator in WORD. It's only a technical translation (no manual reworking of the translation; no correction about the spelling)

I don't know if is allowed to share the document here.

Well I would do it in the 'German' topic.

Archived