Vol 3: Tutorial, Tutorial

• Aerosoft

Here is the tutorial. Not as easy to translate because of the aviation related terminology. You will have to decide what to translate and what not. That depends a lot on the country.  French translate a lot, Dutch translate far less.

MSFS_Vol3_Tutorial_20210214 - Copy.docx

I want to ask my translators buddies how they are doing with the checklist itens translation: for ex.

If I translate  Engine Bleeds then i think people wont find the Switch on the overhead, because they dont have translation there. I could add Engine Bleeds (translation)  but then I fear the manual would endup 50% bigger in size.

Anyone have a better solution? :)

6 minutes ago, Alec246 said:

I want to ask my translators buddies how they are doing with the checklist itens translation: for ex.

If I translate  Engine Bleeds then i think people wont find the Switch on the overhead, because they dont have translation there. I could add Engine Bleeds (translation)  but then I fear the manual would endup 50% bigger in size.

Anyone have a better solution? :)

That is one thing I am struggling with as well... and I am sure Mathijs + the rest of Aerosoft team will understand each translated manual will differ. As a rule of thumb, I have left any labels that correspond to an image or graphic in English, but translate 99% of the rest of the document. As for the checklist items, I would translate the actual information + instruction and leave any labels in English. You can wait for a response from someone else as well, but a lot of this work is trying to solve problems and figure out what works best... Good luck to you!

1 hour ago, Wuper said:

That is one thing I am struggling with as well... and I am sure Mathijs + the rest of Aerosoft team will understand each translated manual will differ. As a rule of thumb, I have left any labels that correspond to an image or graphic in English, but translate 99% of the rest of the document. As for the checklist items, I would translate the actual information + instruction and leave any labels in English. You can wait for a response from someone else as well, but a lot of this work is trying to solve problems and figure out what works best... Good luck to you!

Yeah thats where I am heading as well! Sure is the part of most work trying to make the translation work with the original content! You too thanks!

Trying to understand if this part of the manual is correct. Page 9 of 77

"Before looking at the configuration of the CRJ itself, please make sure that in the MSFS options ‘XXX’ is disabled. "

I couldn't find this XXX option?

8 hours ago, Wuper said:

I do the excact same, exept for the controlls in part 1... No, just no. 

I can't figure out what this means:

In case users like to skip parts of the preparation, we added ‘navigation pages’ which offer hyperlinks to later chapters

I'm not able to find any "navigation pages" with hyperlinks so I wonder if we have the correct revision?

I'm also a bit confused about the purpose of having hyperlinks when you start the manual by recommending the reader to print it out?

OPS, the links you have provided for your products on page 3-1-6 are wrong! Neither PFPX nor NavDataPro Charts works. I included the following links instead:

Which is it, gate 1 or 33?

We will start your flight at Gate 1 at Paderborn airport

Otherwise please configure MSFS accordingly to load the CRJ700ER in the Lufthansa livery at Paderborn airport, Gate 33.

• Aerosoft
On 2/17/2021 at 5:32 PM, Alec246 said:

Trying to understand if this part of the manual is correct. Page 9 of 77

"Before looking at the configuration of the CRJ itself, please make sure that in the MSFS options ‘XXX’ is disabled. "

I couldn't find this XXX option?

I'll check on that.

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

OPS, the links you have provided for your products on page 3-1-6 are wrong! Neither PFPX nor NavDataPro Charts works. I included the following links instead:

Corrected.

I brought this up in the thread about Vol. 1 as well but did not get any response. On page 3-1-15 you state the following:

Note that in MSFS multi-position switches (like ON – OFF – AUTO) need to be set using the scroll-wheel.

This may or may not be true for the CRJ, but this is not a general rule for MSFS. In all aircraft models I've been using so far you can interact with 3-way switches without a mouse wheel by clicking above or beneath the switch. I can agree that it's easier using the mouse wheel, but the above statement is not correct as far as MSFS goes. If this is the case with the CRJ I suggest changing it to something like this:

Note that in in the CRJ multi-position switches (like ON – OFF – AUTO) need to be set using the scroll-wheel.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I'll check on that.

Thank-you, I was literally just about to come here and ask the same thing ;)
Left as XXX for now and will correct when we receive new data.

Found another one needing correction.

Page 62 of 77
"Use the following rule of thumb (rather inaccurate): remove the last three digits of your current altitude (expressed in thousands of feet), multiply the resulting value by three and there is the distance the aircraft covers during descend. Here is an example: cruising altitude is 18,000 feet. Step one, remove last three digits 18,000 28. Step 2: multiply by three: 28 x 3 = 84 miles."

The result should be 18 x 3 = 54. The Manual has swapped to 28 x 3 = 84 miles.

Regarding the "descend" section of Vol3: I believe that the correct spelling of the phase of flight is descenT, with a T, while descenD, with a D, is the verb, i.e. "to descend".

Additionally, regarding the need to start the descent checklist, the mention of the need to go through it is made 2-3 times in a couple of paragraphs, to the point thtat it seems a bit redundant.

Hi, I think there is mistake regarding the windshield heating switches - page 26 - "Now activate the windshield heating (L and R probe switches) " I think probe switches are different thing, and it should state WSHLD switches...

And some other mistake (at least I think so..). Page 58, description of initial Climb. There is acceleration and flap retraction phase: "the aircraft accelerates again and passes 180 kts retract the flaps to 8°. " I think we take-off with flaps 8, so we retract to 1. Is that correct?

I think it would be a good idea to go over the "logical panels" one more time in order to sync how you refer to them through all volumes. In this one I found the following inconsistencies:

• Center pedestal - In volume 1 you divide the pedestal into upper and lower
  • Overhead Glare Panel - In volume 1 there's only an Overhead Panel
  • Main panel - There's no mention of any main panel in volume 1

Even though most people probably understand what you mean I think it may cause unnecessary confusion among some of your customers.

"(selected options might differ depending on the selected options)", yeah... You don't say? I think that'd be better phrased as "(the look might differ depending on the selected options)", this is referring to the EFB options page, for context.

21 hours ago, riskas123 said:

"(selected options might differ depending on the selected options)", yeah... You don't say? I think that'd be better phrased as "(the look might differ depending on the selected options)", this is referring to the EFB options page, for context.

@Mathijs Kok

@The Dude or @Mathijs Kok, could you please explain this part of the FUEL FEED CHECK VALVE TEST:

Please keep in mind that now you must shut down engine 2 first to complete the test procedure!

I tried to find something about it in the episode 4 - Engine start on YouTube but it seems you skipped this part entirely 🙂

@zenit_swe It was skipped because it was probably not the first flight in the day :) . And it's done only once per day.

Regarding shutting the second engine first - it means that after landing we need to shutdown engines in oposite order, so the test can be performed for the other side.

Test is somehow explained (well, maybe not explained, but there is something about it) here: https://www.pprune.org/tech-log/352900-crj-series-fuel-check-valve-check.html

For more info we need to look into system documentation. Or ask The Dude :) .

Archived