How to use the TCA Throttle with Aerosoft CRJ 550/700

SimWare

Think I'm doing something wrong. Both the instructional videos here and on youtube do not work for me. 
As soon as I try to do reverse thrust nothing happens. 
You also do not see the colors of 1 & 2 change when you are outside the plane and you have your flying instruments visible. it works on other planes

Here is what I had to do. In control settings in game i unchecked the reverse boxes. In the CRJ tablet screen I went through all the detents and hit set on them. then under idle/reverse Gap i set that to 200. it goes downt to 500 and then after that you must hit -10 until you get to 200. Hit validate and then you shouldnt get any errors and then hit OK and now your throttles move correctly and the thrust reverser works also.

I had problems finding the right joystick lever in MSFS.

For me the joystick levers for the TCA are not according what is described in the pictures above.

The joystick 's lever are Joystick L--->axis X (left lever) and Joystick L--->axis Y (right lever).

This worked for me.

Didier

I am having problems. I have it calibrated and I stuck the Allen key through so they should be the same but still in manual thrust they are quite different. Another problem I have is the manual thrust. Whenever I make an adjustment it goes all the way to idle then up again which is annoying on final. Any fixes for these?

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 11:31 PM, Jay 340 said:

Well after some searching i got it working at last,  here you go guys. 

Jay 340, thanks for your post and video. This was very helpful for me, especially showing the selection of the detents on the Airbus yoke.  Do your detent settings match with the detent markings on the Sim yoke?

Could you explain, maybe show, your new Sensitivity settings?

Regards,

Ray

Hi Ray

The video is not mine i only shared the video off youtube because people were having problems with the 

TCA throttle quadrant you might wan't to ask the person who made video.

Regards Jay

On 3/17/2021 at 7:28 AM, Hugo thester said:

I have an issue guys, coud someone help me with it?

When I increase power in my TCA Quadrant, the engines loose power (instead of increasing it) for 2-3 seconds, and THEN they increase the power.

This is quite dangerous, since on final I have been very close to stalling the plane due to that loss of power of a few seconds.

Have I done something wrong? I followed the previous guide and for the rest the plane flies just fine.

Same with me, anyone else know how to solve this? Any time the throttle is in motion power goes straight to idle until the throttle is stationary and then power goes back up.

Hey Guys, if you do a search on YouTube, there are a few streamers that have tutorials on the TCA set up. I checked them all and by trial and error figured it out. The latest one I saw is from 320SimPilot. YMMV.

Other than that, check your sensitivity settings in the Sim, then load the CRJ and perform the throttle set up.

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, Capt Shark said:

Hey Guys, if you do a search on YouTube, there are a few streamers that have tutorials on the TCA set up. I checked them all and by trial and error figured it out. The latest one I saw is from 320SimPilot. YMMV.

Other than that, check your sensitivity settings in the Sim, then load the CRJ and perform the throttle set up.

Yes indeed, you need to start with a linear sensitivity curve.
Meaning all the parameters to 0 except the reactivity to 100%

See below :

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1

I have tried everything, however I always get this error in calibration pad, even though values seem to be correct.

hank you for all the help. I got the throttle to work. Unfortunately the flaps, parking break and others are not working correctly.
Also, this plane is impossible to fly, it will not capture the altitude or fly heading bug among many other shortcomings.
I sure hope that there is a major update on its way, otherwise it really it is a waist of $50.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but I have never seen a release this bad.

• Aerosoft

We will see an update coming this week.
Flaps axis will we active.

As for the brake, assign the TOGGLE PARKING BRAKES function to momentary push button.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 4:56 PM, Matthias Beier said:
hank you for all the help. I got the throttle to work. Unfortunately the flaps, parking break and others are not working correctly.
Also, this plane is impossible to fly, it will not capture the altitude or fly heading bug among many other shortcomings.
I sure hope that there is a major update on its way, otherwise it really it is a waist of $50.

I am sorry to be so harsh, but I have never seen a release this bad.

Well i am using the TCA stick and throttle and have everything working ok

I have flaps, spoilers, autopilot, trims, gear and brakes assigned to the joystick buttons and all working fine.

Also a few minor glitches with the 'APPR' mode capture, but captures altitude fine and steers on heading when using Heading mode.

I have noticed since the last minor update to MSFS, that the aircraft will wander left to right a bit before settling onto a heading in NAV mode, but the FBW A320 is doing this also, so that suggest it's an MSFS problem.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, sgmoore3617 said:

I am having problems. I have it calibrated and I stuck the Allen key through so they should be the same but still in manual thrust they are quite different. Another problem I have is the manual thrust. Whenever I make an adjustment it goes all the way to idle then up again which is annoying on final. Any fixes for these?

hm, had the same thing, but today I tested it and problem is gone. i wonder what the reason for such behavior was, I have nothing else mapped to throttle.

• Aerosoft

Make sure you calibrate the throttle in Windows and that the sensitivity curve in MSFS is the same for both levers axes.

• 1 month later...

?s here... My throt. is showing 999999 for all intervals when tryin to calibrate, so overlap.. That s T- master Quad for A- bus, my only option was that one xossed out above on pic by u with both axis (0- 100%).

Can i use that thr. on Aerosoft's planes..?

Problems setting up the CRJ with the TCA throttle quadrant?  So did I.  I read all these pages and tried everything for over 4 hours.  Nothing worked.  I nearly gave myself a hernia.  So frustrating.  The nearest I got was one validation error on the EFB. "Error overlap between REV and IDLE", or something like that.  Then I did something that solved all the problems in one go.  I only found one person on the forum who mentioned it.

RESET THE SENSITIVITY in the MSFS throttle settings.         Then everything worked 100% in the CRJ.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hello Smainville,

This looks loke a calibration or multiple assignments issue.

Can you please detail what is happening ?
- What overlaps (screenshots would be fine)

- "Rattling like mad", can yo explain or send a video ?

There may be overlaps messages when the difference between "IDLE" and "REV MAX" positions is lower then the "Idle/Reverse Gap" value.

If this happens, it could indicate some calibration or linearity issue.
You may in some ciumstances manually adapt the "Idle/Reverse Gap" value, but I really suggest to 

first try to properly calibrate the throttle.

Best regards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Throttle detents are set, but throttles in sim do not move.  Spoiler and flap levers to move.  I have TCA also set up for FSL A32X, throttles do move there as do other levers.  What am I missing?

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Doc_Z said:

Throttle detents are set, but throttles in sim do not move.  Spoiler and flap levers to move.  I have TCA also set up for FSL A32X, throttles do move there as do other levers.  What am I missing?

Hi Doc,

Do there raw value move when you set the detents ?

Thank you.

On 11/25/2021 at 11:01 AM, SimWare said:

Hi Doc,

Do there raw value move when you set the detents ?

Thank you.

I HAD exactly the same problem: I had set up the detents in Calibration (and Saved).

The values in Raw Input data change as I move the throttles, but the thrust levers in the aircraft do not move.

I click on a thrust lever in the cockpit with the mouse I can move it.

If I hit F3 or F2 it moves.

I had thrust axis set to x and Y (not 100%)

I had disconnected all other controllers.

Nothing else is controlling the throttle axis.

I then realised that MSFS had not started in Administrator Mode.

I quit, started in Administrator mode.

Did the Calibration

Saved

Then it worked.

But then on my next flight (hadn't quit the sim) it didn't work.

Went in and and out and in and out in; admin then not. Sometimes it seems to work, sometimes not.

Then it dawned on me: the thrust levels only seem to move with the throttle quadrant IF THE ENGINES ARE RUNNING.

Is this true? If so does any body know why? Does this happen in real life???