Airbus A319 Sound Issue (P3Dv 4.5)

rowcoach

Good afternoon,

A lot of information here, so I’ll try to keep this short. I noticed that my Aerosoft CRJ needed to be updated (yes, I know this is there Airbus support forum, but I think there’s a connection somewhere). I ran the update from the Aerosoft Updater and figured all was good. Not so much. I restarted computer (as per RAAS instructions) and immediately received a vcruntime 140_1.dll error. Did some digging around and found that I needed to reinstall a couple files from Microsoft. No biggie. Pretty straight forward. 

Since the update, I’ve been noticing some odd sound behaviour. I can hear the sounds from GSX, aircraft sounds, and the instructions from the checklist just fine. As soon as I ‘talk’ to the default ATC, everything goes quiet. I can barely hear the checklist instructions, but ATC and aircraft sounds are dead quiet. A couple seconds after the ATC transmission ends, GST and aircraft sounds return to normal. 

The first corrective measure I took was to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of the Airbus 318/319/320/321. Problem is still there. I’ve checked the ‘third’ MCDU and all volumes are low to mid 90%. Under sounds, everything is checked except ATC, but I know that’s for background ATC sounds that can be added. 

Once I finish this flight, I will try to see if this is happens with other planes. I’ll see if calling into ATC momentarily silences all sounds for the rest of my fleet. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,

Colin

Ich hatte auch das Problem,

gehe in die Systemsteuerung / Hardware u. Sound / Sound / Kommunikation / Haken setzten bei nichts unternehmem / übernehmen und O.K:

Gruß Helmut

I also had the problem,
go to the Control Panel / Hardware and Sound / Sound / Communication / check the box "do nothing", apply and O.K:
Greeting Helmut

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Colin,

Like Helmut said, this seems to be an issue with Windows audio controls. If I remember correct Windows updates can reset this setting for some reason.

Archived