CTD and weird issues in MSFS Scenery Addons (EDDM, EDDK and many others Airports in Europe)

Rolfspan

Just to put it as a note: CTD also happens during takeoff at ENVA rwy09 heading east :)

Jo Erlend showed me this thread when i asked him if he knew anything.

Fingers crossed for a fix from Asobo soon.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OPabst said:

Total agree here: It is not only a unacceptable situation for all users with airport addons, it is a nogo situation for the developers too, who don’t change anything, but are the first address for this issue, but without any chance to react here.

In all times before (and with other Software too), when a Software update generate issues, the update can be reversed to the previous Version until a fix is available. Here the system is broken. 
A shutdown for all. Very frustrating for all parties.

Indeed, I was very surprised how is that happening, MSFS is sort of SaaS (Software of Service) that relies on internet services that is different from a typical sim/game out there. With this paradigm, it comes the challenge to manage this, to have a fallback CI, to have on-call shifts .. etc. It looks to me that, whatever goes through their pipeline, never come back kind of thing, which is very astonishing coming from a company that is a strong player in the cloud offering and it should have the strong experience to deal with this scale of infrastructure (MSFS is huge, very huge to manage!). 

I really hope with this heat that they are getting from tons of angry users and developers (some of whom actually working over the weekends and thus 3 or 4 days just lost), they will rethink of their infrastructure strategy, have a proper staging and production system, have the proper fallback systems in case things go south, have a proper infrastructure in general to manage software in this scale. Indeed, this time was just very frustrating showdown for all people and as I said before, we deserve an explanation on what happened and can they assure us this will not happen again. 

Hey Guys

just wanted to let you know you I had 2 CTD at Aerosoft EDDK while landing on runway 14L with the a320nx today. 

Once I was on VATSIM, also had several 4-5 second freezes while approaching on 5nm final and then the sim crashed on the rollout. 

I´ve been through my settings, optimized several settings including Nvidia control panel settings and wanted to give it another try offline. 

So I spawned in the air, did the ILS 14L approach, aaand again, crash to desktop on rollout on runway 14L about 5-10 seconds after touchdown. 

Nice day of flying it was again in MSFS2020. Welcome to 2021 

Thanks Thorsten for your reply, which is very clear and exhaustive. 

Really hope Asobo will fix soon cause this is really a major issue.

Purchased today the Munich airport and I was not even able to load one single flight.

At least it's not something bad on my side but before checking the forum I spent a lot of time in the afternoon trying to understand what was causing the issue. Damn, not a single word from Asobo...unacceptable

Thanks

andrea

3 hours ago, Andrea Spigarelli said:

Thanks Thorsten for your reply, which is very clear and exhaustive. 

Really hope Asobo will fix soon cause this is really a major issue.

Purchased today the Munich airport and I was not even able to load one single flight.

At least it's not something bad on my side but before checking the forum I spent a lot of time in the afternoon trying to understand what was causing the issue. Damn, not a single word from Asobo...unacceptable

Thanks

andrea

I was lucky enough to do a few flights, in and out of EDDM before the CTDs started. It is one of the best looking airport sceneries I have purchased. Very detailed and realistic, to add to a very immersion and simulation.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived