CTD and weird issues in MSFS Scenery Addons (EDDM, EDDK and many others Airports in Europe)

Rolfspan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer
vor 3 Minuten, foxmike1080 sagte:

I have just checked and am having the same crash in Paderborn. 🙁

Thanks for the report.

Question: Do all users with the new CTD use a German language setting of Win 10 ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, Autopiloth said:

Thanks for the report.

Question: Do all users with the new CTD use a German language setting of Win 10 ?

At least me and looking at th users in this topic I would say yes

• Developer
vor 2 Minuten, SierraBravo sagte:

I have a new finding:

I had no CTD if "BING DATA WORLD GRAPHICS" is disabled.

Good find. I also thought about faulty Bing data delivered and causing the crash as this interferes with aerials.

• Developer
25 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Thorsten CTDs were not only reported since the update today, but already before. So it got nothing to do with what had happend with MFS today, 12th Feb. 2021. ;)

E.g. in my case. I took off from 26L with the C172 turned right at the end of the rwy at ~2500ft and CTD

The Windowsupdate was not involved by Thorsten this morning, because it was not installed on his PC. But until he stopped his PC yesterday evening, all was working fine. He send me this Files for Hamburg, where he see the issue and I could reproduce it, my Windowsupdate was also not installed at this time.

We both have, as all other still the last Build of MSFS 1.12.13. The package Data of MUC did not changed in any bit.

But the Simulator is always online connected, I got ( as Thorsten too) yesterday and today several „connection lost“ massages, which I don‘t see the last time such often and I am working since weeks everyday 10 hours a day. But not in Europe, so the sat image data I used are on the canaries und there I don‘t have any issue, for example with Gomera. 
As Asobo is preparing an Update for Europe, nobody knows, what the maybe change on there systems (with which the sim is talking when loading and running), that is involved in this issue.

That is the problem of an online game, you can‘t be save, that nothing changed, only because you have no update done.

I can confirm SierraBravo's finding also for Paderborn. Loading the sim without bing data was successful. I used the showcase camera to move to an high altitude from which I could see Aerosoft's satellite image of Paderborn. When starting bing data, nothing bad happened but as I zoomed in closer to the airport (different zoomlevel, I guess) the sim crashed again. I have to agree that bing data in combination with aerosoft scenery seems to be the culprit.

• Developer
vor 22 Minuten, foxmike1080 sagte:

I can confirm SierraBravo's finding also for Paderborn. Loading the sim without bing data was successful. I used the showcase camera to move to an high altitude from which I could see Aerosoft's satellite image of Paderborn. When starting bing data, nothing bad happened but as I zoomed in closer to the airport (different zoomlevel, I guess) the sim crashed again. I have to agree that bing data in combination with aerosoft scenery seems to be the culprit.

Ok, maybe there are some faulty Bing files distrubuted by the Server. Maybe only on some servers. Anyone with CTD could use a VPN set to USA or elsewere to see if the fault is related to German or European Server (if MS does provide more than one server for MSFS, but I guess so) ?

I did some research in the flightsimulator forum and found this thread in which someone claims to have solved an issue with CTDs at certain Airports. Might that be helpful?

[resolved] Tacoma Narrows CTD - Page 2 - Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com)

• Developer
24 minutes ago, foxmike1080 said:

I did some research in the flightsimulator forum and found this thread in which someone claims to have solved an issue with CTDs at certain Airports. Might that be helpful?

[resolved] Tacoma Narrows CTD - Page 2 - Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com)

Thanks, but there are a lot of Issues with CTD in the past and today, some could be solved already (like with 1.02 for EDDM too a month ago, which was also a Sim issue based on files namings). But the issue we see today is definitely new and without changes on our system or the code.

I have also several CTD in the developer mode, even when the Sim is only running idle in the background and I am working in other Programs, sometimes the Sim simple close in the background. The eventlog has then nothing saying standard exception, like 0xC0000005, which does not help.

The Sim is WIP, not to say in Beta. And I use it native, no other addons, expect what I am working on. I don‘t want to think about users with the complete fightsim.tx content on there disk ;) And here we talk about sceneries, static data, not generating any own tasks while running, like aircrafts does.

Just to add my experience, I bought LEIB today, and I get a CTD whenever I try to load a flight on that airport. I did a flight before just fine, and if I remove LEIB from the community folder, the default LEIB loads fine.

• Developer

Joe reports from Norway that everything works fine. No CTD with Munich, Trondheim or else. With Bing aerials on.

So It seems to me to be locally bing server related, maybe some corrupted files that are downloaded at startup. Who knows....

That's interesting, because today I decided to go visit Germany and start at Paderborn. I tried twice and both times a CTD. My friend also got a CTD. We disabled Paderborn and all was okay. 

We didn't get the benefit of your Paderborn, but we did see how amazing some places in Germany looked. We'll be sure to come back 😉

In the mean time, we'll wait for Microsoft to fix the problem, before we see Paderborn.

vor 17 Minuten, Autopiloth sagte:

Joe reports from Norway that everything works fine. No CTD with Munich, Trondheim or else. With Bing aerials on.

So It seems to me to be locally bing server related, maybe some corrupted files that are downloaded at startup. Who knows....

Just tried the Europe-North Server in FS and still CTD.

I also started a thread in the official MSFS forum - it seems reports of CTDs at various airports from different vendors are piling up.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bing-data-causing-crashes-with-add-on-airports-or-scenery/364649?u=foxmike1080

• Developer

Thanks all and FoxMike for the assistance. @foxmike1080 what you post second in your linked thread is a option, that sounds realistic: In my 40 years in IT business at large companies, when a called „change“ is addressed, you have to make a plan for all parties involved in the system. In a large update, „here call World Update 3“, many parties are involved with there parts of the „project“.

As, after the first date, today it was planed to release the now „Europe“ oriented World updated, maybe there are changes needed, to many involved partners/departments. As the move of the release was announced very shortly before this date, maybe some involved department don‘t be stopped in there tasks. So content updates on some central data are already active, but the related local update to handle this is delay until next week the 16th (based on the infos yet given). That could be a realistic scenario, that fits to the results on the backend we see here.

Now it would be interesting, if a „role back“ is implemented in there process, so that we maybe see a difference back to normal in the next days. To define a  Fridays as date for such updates is maybe not helpful for a fast solution in this cases. In business environments, the weekend is the best time to make updates, for a game the wrong time.

vor 5 Stunden , Autopiloth sagte:

Which ones ? Any of the ones I listed like Trondheim or Paderborn ? Any of those airports working does come with custom aerial ground ? Curious to know that I maybe find a reason why Munich and others stopped working this morning.

Thorsten

I'm sorry I dont have so much money so I cant tell u about the other payware airports. I can just afford 1 or 2 per year. So I can just tell u that freeware works for me

Seeing same issues on Orbx forum. Mainly English airports causing CTD. So probably the issue is connected with Bing update which was postponed.... no official statement of Asobo or MS yet.

• OPabst changed the title to CTD and weird issues in MSFS Scenery Addons (EDDM, EDDK and many others Airports in Europe)

After my CTD at EDDM yesterday, I was in contact with Thorsten.  My CTD continued until I removed the  SimWings-EDDM folder from the Community folder. I spawned at the default EDDM and all was fine, although I did not start up, nor try to taxi around.  I did do a flight from MYNN to KMIA and the flight was good.  Today I did another short flight from KMIA to KMCO, again without any issues. Previously, I did not have any issues with EDDM. In fact, a few days ago I did a live weather (rain and low vis) from EDDF to EDDM and it was near perfect and without issues.  That's why I was surprised that the following day I had a CTD at EDDM after startup and during taxi. It's disappointing since EDDM is an awesome airport scenery and I hope it can get resolved soon by Asobo/MS, et al.

Mark

Well I don't think Microsoft has fixed the issue from their end, I am still getting CTD on almost every third party airports. Did you guys escalate this to Microsoft? I think with more pressure (official fourms and third party developers), they will react on it faster. In my opinion, the sim now is broken. It is really astonishing how can they push something to production one day before the weekend, now let them deal with the storm 

2 hours ago, Omar Al-Safi said:

Well I don't think Microsoft has fixed the issue from their end, I am still getting CTD on almost every third party airports. Did you guys escalate this to Microsoft? I think with more pressure (official fourms and third party developers), they will react on it faster. In my opinion, the sim now is broken. It is really astonishing how can they push something to production one day before the weekend, now let them deal with the storm 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bing-data-causing-crashes-with-add-on-airports-or-scenery

Hey guys,

I have the same problem with the LEIB-airport (bought via MSFS Marketplace).

Other (tested) add ons works fine. 

Did:

- completely empty the community folder

- reinstalled the add on

- rolled back Nvidia driver

- tried other airplane 

No luck, CTD keeps coming back.

Made a bug report for MSFS/zendesk, there is clearly something wrong in the sim.

Try following guys,

Load an Airport that crashes for u without Bing Data. When its loaded go to Options and activate Bing Data again. Now restart the Game. For now I could load into avery Airport again. Hope it works for u too.

Well also other Forums show that there are problems since yesterday with third party scenery.

In my opinion all this mess is related to Asobo...and they should fix it up imediatly.

If they can change some things to the better with an update ok...but they have to keep in mind that they are not alone out there developing scenery. And they have to know as the Marketplace also sells scenery that - at the moment- don't work any more.

And to me a sattellite based Sim without the sattellite/Bing data does not make any sense.

Everytime they do an update they mess everything up - this time even with the pre-update-files.

I simply do not understand how this can happen every time again. 

• Herman pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Herman locked this topic

Archived