FAQ

Mathijs Kok

• Root Admin

PROBLEMS

• MFS does not load the aircraft.
    During the first loading of the aircraft the code is ‘translated’ to the format that MFS understands. Even on a very fast machine this will take several minutes. MFS is unresponsive at that moment. Wait minimally 5 minutes before assuming something is wrong.  This will only happen the first time you load an aircraft (but might also happen after an update).

• How to reset the aircraft.
    Delete the files that start with “m” (lowercase) from this folder:
    - MS Store or Aerosoft shop version: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj
    - Steam Version: %appdata%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj
    This will trigger the initial initialization (that will take several minutes) when the aircraft is loaded again.

• The aircraft does not do what I expect it to do!
    This is a rather complex aircraft, and you will have to do a lot of precise things at the right time. This is all explained in the tutorial. If you are stuck in any way, start the Tutorial, and tell us EXACTLY at what point what you see no longer matches the manual. Only that way can our support staff understand what the issue might be.

SYSTEMS

• Where is the autothrottle?
    The CRJ does not have an autothrottle system.

• Can I update the Navigation Database?
    Yes, you can use Navigraph or Aerosoft NavDataPro. Do note the product is delivered with a Lufthansa Lido database from March 2021. This exact same database is used by over 200 airlines worldwide.

CONTROLLER CONFIGURATION

• How do I setup a Thrustmaster TCA or Honeycomb (or any other) controller?
    Check out this forum topic!

INSTALLATION

• Where is the aircraft installed?
    ....\MSFSPackages\Community\aerosoft-crj

• Where are the manuals?
    ...\MSFSPackages\Community\aerosoft-crj\Documentation
  • Where is the NavigationDatabase stored?
    ....\MSFSPackages\Community\aerosoft-crj\Data\NavData

HARDWARE

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3