Slow Checklist

A good enhancement would be to speed up (revert) the checklist speed if we have COPILOT ON and View Focus is OFF.

The delay wasnt fun in the A330 and its annoying to see it now in the rest of the series.

I was also stumbling upon this new slow checklist processing with a newy installed A320 pro in P3D 4.5 compared to my old A320 in FSX. 

While I understand the motivation described in the thread cited above, I want to point out that this way, execution of the checklists is so slow that e.g the After Takeoff checklist is only completed once the airplane already passed the transition altitude of 5000 feet in EDDF. So, this mixes up procedures and also from the many pilot videos around on Youtube, I feel this slowliness isn’t really a natural thing happening in real life?

So, I would also definitively vote for an option to add the 5-6 secs per CL item or not.

vor 3 Minuten, Christian007 sagte:

So, I would also definitively vote for an option to add the 5-6 secs per CL item or not.

Or maybe even better: An option to define the length of the pauses between 0 and e.g. 9 seconds.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thats means you are running the CL's not like in RL but like an automatic settings function? In RL there are two persons doing the checks and settings whereas in the sim you have to make all checks and settings yourself. If you really want to do it like in RL those breaks are needed if the plane is not on AP - like in most cases after takeoff. And the BARO CHECK works also if the CL is still running when TRANS ALT is passed. So what is the problem with that?

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just want o make something clear: The basic intention of the CL-function is to guide the user through the various procedures so that he is able to make the necessary settings himself. The ViewFocus function assists him in doing so - saves him time and shows where those settings should be made. In the beginning e. g. to learn what has to be done, he can use the Copilot and just watch as the Copilot function also makes settings which are normally done by the PF. This is how the majority uses the CL and ViewFocus. For those users the implemented breaks (only when the plane is moving) are needed because otherwise they are not able to steer the plane and make the necessary settings at the same time. When we first implemented ViewFocus in the A330 without those breaks a lot of users complained that they were not able anymore  to steer the plane - because of now outside view. I do not understand why this slows down the process when on-line with Vatsim if you are flying without AP and making the settings yourself. 

But if the CL and Copilot function is used and the user does not want to care / check what has to be done e. g. using it as an automatic settings function (and ViewFocus = OFF) then he has to live with it how ii is currently programmed or switch off the CL completely. We are not able to satisfy everybody especially when certain implemented functions are misused. 

Hello,

not sure if we talk completely about the same topic. 1st: Having checklists being read by the PM is a great feature, with our without using the Copilot function in addition. I use it for every(!) flight without Copilot function because it helps me to keep track of my procedures, and I think this is close to RL with PF and PM going through the checklists. In addition, I use it together with the Copilot function temporarily (switch the Copilot to 'on' when required) when workload gets heavy e.g. in some final approaches and particularly when in Vatsim I need to manage all communication and frequency changes in parallel (the first video I ever saw on running Aerosoft A320 in Vatsim, the pilot also used CL and Copilot the same way). As said, is't a great feature, not only for guiding new users through the panels.

2nd: The pauses under discussion in the new A320 Pro CL reading are not on the PF but on the PM. It's clear that PF will need few seconds after PM called a CL item. But once PF confirmed action or status, the PM waits another 5-6 seconds before reading the next item. With longer checklists of 10-15 items, this is 1-2 minutes of just waiting for the PM calling the next CL items. I do not think this is close to RL(?), it prolongs CL reading a lot, and it may be distracting. To me, these pauses of 5-6 secs by the PM until the next CL item do not really make sense, because, if after calling the next CL item the PF really needs some time for something else, he can then react on the CL item just a bit later (as it was the case in the FSX A320).

But I will look deeper into this again and see if I can be more specific on certain scenarios.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 4 Stunden , Christian007 sagte:

But once PF confirmed action or status, the PM waits another 5-6 seconds before reading the next item.

Christian, this statement is abolutely correct.But what happens in the meantime or better for what this break is used? If p.e. the TAXI CL is used, one of the first checks is  AUTOBRAKE. This means you have to avert your eyes from the outside to the console to set the brakes to MAX. The next check is TAKEOFF DATA. This means you have to check the MCDU PERF page if all necessary values are entered. If there would be no break between those checks then your view would be diverted from the outside for app. 10 seconds (for two checks) which I believe is too long to still see where the plane is heading to. And what about if there is a third check p.e. of ECAM data afterwards.? Those breaks seem to be only a problem for users who do not make the necessary settings themselves. What is the problem if a checklist needs a little bit longer with thoise breaks than without?   

No problem, except, if you're flying on a network and you have traffic taxiing behind you.  If the taxiing is a short distance from gate to runway, you can hold up traffic for a sizable amount of time while the checklist proceeds.  Usually, the taxiing is longer and it's no problem.  However, there are those short taxis that make it difficult.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 16 Stunden , bobterri6 sagte:

However, there are those short taxis that make it difficult.

In such cases I would suggest to start the TAXI CL manually via the MCDU3 CHECKLIST menu and not to wait until the plane reaches 10 knots. This saves some time...... and you can taxi with a lower speed (p. e. 5 kts) which also gives you some extra time......

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 3 Stunden , bobterri6 sagte:

I know I'll just have to accept what Aerosoft is doing.  That's life!

I believe that this statement is a little bit unfair. We care for the majority of users and try to deliver something most people want and suit. But it is not possible also to satisfy a few users and their individual wishes. Of course technically we could do this but I believe you are not willing to pay for such a personal solution. If you do not like the solution provided with the update there is always the chance to go back to the previous version. I still do not see why those breaks we are talking about - which prolong the duration of some checklists for app. 1 or 2 minutes - are so important and if there might be conflicts I also offered some workarounds.

OMG!  Please don't take it personally!  I said what I did because of the reasons you stated.  It's just the way it is!  For the record, the Airbuses from Aerosoft, first the ones for FSX and now the professional series have been a source of tremendous satisfaction and enjoyment, so, please, don't take what I said the wrong way.  I am 65 years old, and I didn't mean it in the way a youngster would, feeling entitled and not getting their way.  I meant it as a man who hasn't gotten his way many times in life and that's just the way things are.  You live with it and that is life!  Thanks for all you do, whether I always agree with it or not.  You guys are appreciated.

Dear developers

I will ask here, so as not to clog the forum with the same questions. Please tell me if the problem that was described here has been fixed?

I have exactly the same problem after the last update, one to one. A 320 CFM, Prepar3D_v4.5.14.34698. And I also want to add, on the A320 and A330, when the GSX tanker pulls up and connects the hoses. GSX does not offer to start refueling, but waits until you start it manually.  This was not the case before the update. With the rest of the aircraft type PMDG everything is fine, from which I concluded that it is not the GSX.

With respect. Andrew

• Deputy Sheriffs

Andrew,

After Start CL does not start if no PB is used:

Why hijacking this thread for a complete different subject? Please have a look at the original thread where it has been stated that the fix will be included in the next update. This update is not yet published but will be released shortyl.

GSX Fueling:

The issue you are describing has also nothing to do with timing of the checklist. Please open a new thread with this subject and please explain in detail the various steps you are doing because I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 3 Stunden , dron960 sagte:

The checklist JUST GOT too slow. This has never happened before.

Andrew, the reasons have been explained in detail and discussed in this thread. If you are using the CL / Copilot just as an "Automatic Settings Function" - and do not care what happens in the background - then you misuse this function because it was never developed for this purpose. As explained several times above the breaks are needed so that you are able to steer the plane between the different checks. We will not change this and please accept this decission.

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you, Rolf. I never use a copilot. I turn on the SD and do all the actions myself. I just wanted to say that it has become slower than it was before the update.

I also want to add that now during the flight on the a330, the checklist before the descent did not start. I had to do it manually.

With respect. Andrew

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 11 Stunden , dron960 sagte:

a330, the checklist before the descent did not start

Andrew, please open a new thread for this new subject. Also please give us more details about the flight with the A330 and maybe send us a screenshot of the INFOBAR content before reaching T/D. Thanks.

Regards,

Rolf

Archived