Honeycomb Configurator (FSX)

I need more information regarding using the Configurator in FSX. Almost all the questions I've seen in this forum about Conditions and Variables in the Tool are based on XPlane and P3D. I have consulted the MS SDK and ESP1, but I am confused by what values to enter in the Tool fields when configuring buttons on the Bravo. E.g. I started with a simple operation - trying to program the Parking Park on one of the 7 toggle switches. If there are other FSX users out there like me with a brand new Alpha and Bravo, any assistance would be welcome. PS - I have run the Youtube video tutorial several times, but it seems focused on the non-FSX simulators.

• Aerosoft

Hi Barry,

let me move your question into the correct forum section, at it pertains to FSX.

So, you have already checked out the introductory videos from this channel?

A lot of the default variables and events available in the ConfigTool should actually also already work in FSX.

Hi Benjamin-

Sorry about the forum section - when I wrote to the forum I clicked on 'create new topic' because I was trying to find a Configurator FSX or Honeycomb FSX topic but couldn't locate that forum section. I find it confusing about locating forum topics on this forum.

About the MrJaraNet videos - I viewed the 29 minute Youtube video he did on ver 2.0.0.1, but as I said, that seemed to focus on non-FSX platforms. The list of videos you sent me is different, I have seen none of those and will give them a scan.

2 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi Barry,

let me move your question into the correct forum section, at it pertains to FSX.

So, you have already checked out the introductory videos from this channel?

A lot of the default variables and events available in the ConfigTool should actually also already work in FSX.

I agree entirely with your third comment - FSX should be working, but I gave up on the axis Bravo controls in the Configurator (throttle, prop, mixture) and was eventually successful with FSUIPC, so at least I have Alpha control in FSX and now the throttles courtesy of FSUIPC4. I tried setting up a Parking Brake toggle with FSUIPC, but it would not recognise the button press.

Both the Alpha and Bravo are working fine in FS2020, but I still have the Q400 and DC3 in FSX, and I regret extremely having to give them up, so I will keep plugging along on FSX.

Cheers, B.

I appreciate your response, sometimes you feel pretty lonely in a community of experts!

• Aerosoft

No worries Barry:

we know that the learning curve can be quite steep, but as the flight simulator world is quite heterogeneous there will always be a level of complexity involved if we want to support as many platforms and operating systems like we do here. Just keep asking, if you have questions.

The axis are also not meant to be configured by the ConfigTool as they can be comfortably served by the in-sim control settings. It is only certain button related functionality which cannot be dealt with there sufficiently, that is supposed to be tackled with the ConfigTool. Like the combined AP increase/decrease part on the Bravo that you simply cannot control by sim alone or certain custom aircraft's functions. 

Archived