Norwegian

riskas123

I've now started translation of the manual that Mathijs released. I'm having some troubles editing the "hyperlinks" so I might have to ask for help on that, otherwise I'm just starting out now and what I've done so far is looking good.

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

what hyperlinks?

It might be because I use another text editor than word (That can still open and edit docs of course) and the table of contents, etc shows up as "Hyperlinks" that aren't editable. When i ctrl-click them it brings me to the page listed to the right.

Please login to display this image.

I tried with word as well, it didn't work there either, there's writers protection on just those parts. I'll finish the rest and contact you when it becomes necessary to do the parts that are protected.

1 hour ago, riskas123 said:

I tried with word as well, it didn't work there either, there's writers protection on just those parts. I'll finish the rest and contact you when it becomes necessary to do the parts that are protected.

EDIT: I tried some more programs and wouldn't you know it. They're editable in google docs. Don't ask me how or why it works there and nowhere else, but it does and I can do it on my own now. Thanks for responding and offering to help.

11 minutes ago, Wuper said:

If I found you needed help earlier I would have said something hahaha.

Me and my partner are using google docs and it works just fine :)

Yeah, I just did like... 15 pages in openoffice and then had to transiton to docs, there's something wrong with the formatting so I have to copy-paste individual paragraphs lol. If it works, it works.

Aaaaand it's completed, of course you may remove my name from the credits (I added it but I understand if it needs to be removed). Norwegian version done! There are two similar written languages in norway, this is written in the most common one and all norwegians understand it. @Mathijs Kok

Vol1_Aircraft Operating Manual_Part-1_NORSK_BOKMÅL.docx

I did chacge some of the unjustified Mutsubishi product placements as previously asked about, if you want them back, contact me and I'll fix it.

Work on the translation of Vol 3 will be under way SOON™ as I have some IRL things to do before translating. I'll keep you updated (if anyone's even Reading these). I'll most likely start working on saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating you more, (again that's if somebody are actually reading these) but I've started on VOL 3. I'm slightly behind on the page count (compared to where I'd like to be) and working slightly slower than I was with VOL 1, but with my week long break from school I'm confident I'll finish it during the next week or so. Thanks for bearing with me. I think a lot of the other translators have finished both parts, but as you can see I'm just one single guy in his basement so I won't be able to keep up with the teams that for instance the Italians, French and Russians have, respect to them for so many of them helping each other out.

• 3 weeks later...

@Mathijs KokVol 3 is now copleted barely in time for the release (sigh of relief), here it is:

Again, same drill. There are two written languages in Norway, this is written in the most used one (and everyone understands it). If it's to be put in a colllection/list somewhere it's common to label it "Norsk, Bokmål", or the abreviation "Norsk BM".

MSFS_Vol3_Tutorial_Norsk_Bokmål.docx

(I also added vol1 in this post for convenience)

Vol1_Aircraft Operating Manual_Part-1_NORSK_BOKMÅL (1).docx

Archived