Want to help?

• Aerosoft
Dear friend, thanks for your offer to translate the Vol 6: Step-by-Step and/or the Vol1: Inside the Simulator manuals. 

If you want to join the team, make a new post there. I did one ("Klingon") as an example. Now if you see the language already mentioned, you can use that topic to coordinate with the other persons. No use to do the same thing many times, right? You can use the forum posts also to keep your readers up to date etc.

While I urge you not to do this for the free stuff, we will offer up to three free downloads for a completed manual.  Just contact me when you uploaded your manual to the forum post. 

@Mathijs Kok  Hello there.  While I cannot translate the manual from English to another language, I would be happy to make suggestions for clarity in the English text.  I would do that by tracking changes so that the suggestions could be implemented or discarded by your team.  Would that be helpful?  If not, no problem.  If so, I will get to work.  Thank you.

-Joe

When translating the keybind list the keys being used should be changed to the symbol shown on the expected keyboard layout, right?

Please login to display this image.

US keyboard layout:

Italian keyboard layout:

@Mathijs Kok Hi. I'd like to be sure about one thing. In the credits section, there is sentence 'We would like to thank the late Captain Andreas Kraft', and I think that english sentence construction refers to person that has passed away recently (or died anyway, even if not recently). So, I wanted to ask, if that's the case. Quite sensitive subject, so wanted to be sure.

Also, I have a doubt regarding the copyright note. It's legal thing, and I don't feel comfortable translating this. I can try to do my best, but I don't have any lawer to support this, or make sure it's done correctly. So, what's the suggestion? maybe I should leave it in english, and putting some note in polish what it is, and that meaning expressed in English is correct?

Besides that, I'm doing good with translation of first document, just need review, one of two rereads and corrections.

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, pawel-d said:

@Mathijs Kok Hi. I'd like to be sure about one thing. In the credits section, there is sentence 'We would like to thank the late Captain Andreas Kraft', and I think that english sentence construction refers to person that has passed away recently (or died anyway, even if not recently). So, I wanted to ask, if that's the case. Quite sensitive subject, so wanted to be sure.

Indeed, that person has died.

• Aerosoft
11 minutes ago, pawel-d said:

Also, I have a doubt regarding the copyright note. It's legal thing, and I don't feel comfortable translating this. I can try to do my best, but I don't have any lawer to support this, or make sure it's done correctly. So, what's the suggestion? maybe I should leave it in english, and putting some note in polish what it is, and that meaning expressed in English is correct?

Besides that, I'm doing good with translation of first document, just need review, one of two rereads and corrections.

Leave it in English, no problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there! With the release tomorrow and my manual almost done I decided I had some time to spare. I didn't want to ruin the formatting by including the text (See immage in post in the VOL 3 channel) so I made an (almost) artifactless template pack for the immages with text on them. The .pdn files are for a program called paint.net (free immage editing tool) and the .png files can have the text added on top of them in pretty much any program.

If you're using paint.net simply hide the top layer, use the color picking tool (shortcut: K) to pick the same color as the text in english, press T to start writing and try to match the font size of the original. When you're happy, delete the top layer (CTRL+A, then DEL) and then merge the bellow layers (CTRL+M) the immage can now be saved as a .png and be put in your translation.

If you're using any other program, I reckon' you know what you're doing.

1.png

2.png

3.png

1.pdn 2.pdn 3.pdn

• 2 months later...

Archived