FEATHER

fushi

Two months and no updates on this issue?! I can confirm this issue. I cutoff the fuel for the #2 engine, pulled prop lever all the way back, turned on auto feather, hit the emergency fuel cutoff switch, no feather. I slowed down to stalling speed, still no feather. Cycled every single switch and lever that had anything to do with it, nothing.

I could not get my throttle controller (CH Pro Throttle Quadrant) to perform the prop feather until I used FSUIPC to calibrate the prop axis levers to have a feather zone. Then, they worked as you would expect them to. Kind of unfortunate if you do not wish to purchase FSUIPC, but to be honest I am glad that I did.

When I first purchased FSUIPC it was simply to respond to the suggestions I was getting in other threads dealing with this feather problem. Yes, without FSUIPC calibration you cannot get the props to feather merely by the accepted practice of pulling throttle to idle, prop lever to feather, and mixture to idle cutoff like should happen.

However, in addition to finding that FSUIPC calibration solved this problem it also solved a vexing problem flying the Captain Sim C-130E. Prior to that I had to manually reset the axis for four engines. However with FSUIPC I was able instead to setup a throttle configuration just for the C-130.

So now when I select the C-130 I have four of the six axis on the throttle designated for throttle control. The remaining two are setup to control prop axis on two engines apiece. Not perfect. Would be better still if I had 8 levers, but since you don't really use the prop condition levers that much just being able to fly other single and twin engine aircraft using my Pro Throttle and also with no additional changes flying the C-130 with four throttle levers is a very nice bonus.

Purchase FSUIPC and give it a try. I think you may find it solves your lingering prop feather issues on the Twin Otter.

Cheers,

Ken