MCDU for Home Cockpit

B748_Fan

Hey guys,

Currently I'm using my tablet as 'Captains MCDU' with AS Connect Pro, However I have decided to build a physical MCDU unit with all buttons and a display.

Programing the buttons with FSUIPC and an Arcaze Interface will be the easy part, however displaying the MCDU currently is my main issue. With the A3XX Pro it is possible to open a separate window with an MCDU view, but then with the buttons as well.

Is there any way or any additional software to have only the display of the MCDU in a separate window in order to put this on a small 5" screen? 

I know that VRinsight and Skarlarki for example has such an MCDU hardware which comes with some software but as those are too expensive (And the VRinsight does not look like an A320 panel) I would prefer to build the hardware by myself.

Thank you in advance!

• Deputy Sheriffs

The 3D MCDU screen is a gauge in the Panel.cfg.

Maybe you can figure out how to display that content in a new view.

Or you create a new camera view showing only the screen.

Thanks for the answer Bob,

I have checked one of the panel.cfg files, and it looks like there are all available views which are referring to the according .bmp file and with informations about size and window size.

Do you mean I should play around with those size numbers in order to show the Display only without any buttons? I don't want to crash the whole sim/addon :P

I also thought about creating a new camera view but then I have to do this everytime I start the sim or change the airplane. Furthermore there is always a part of the MCDU frame visible, which doesn't look great when I place the screen to a physical MCDU later on.

Best regards

Well I have played around with the .cfg file in order to figure out how all those numbers work.

Finally I have found a solution which meet my needs for a real MCDU unit via USB connected to P3D.

I have added a new Window to the panel.cfg file with the following settings:

[Window26]
file=../../Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMGclear.bmp
file_1024_night=../../Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMG_NIGHTclear.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
visible=1
always_visible=1
ident=10327
size_mm=780, 450
window_size= 0.375, 0.700 ///window_size= 0.290, 0.750
window_pos= 0.000, 0.505 ///window_pos= 0.000, 0.250
gauge00=../../Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional Base/Panel_Fallback/DLLs/FMGS!FMGS1,  66,44,299,291, 2

The MCDUIMGclear simply is a black bmp file and the visible and always_visible setting loads this window to the aircraft on default and even if I change the view on my two main screens, the MCDU stays as it is.

Until all necessary parts have arrived (An 5" 4:3 Screen to fit into the panel as currently I'm using an 5" 16:9 which I already had, switches and the panel itself) I will try to figure out how to autoload the MCDU screen on the correct position on the third screen, hopefully this will work with the window_pos setting....

If someone has an idea right away it would be great, otherwise I will update this post as soon as I have found a solution.

Archived