Question, can the PMDG NGXu .json file be altered?

Hello all.

I am using the Bravo Throttle and enjoying the heck out of it! :) 

One question though: the two buttons for the engine start levers are "backwards" as to which engine they affect.

Meaning the left of the two buttons is moving the engine start lever for the right engine, and the right button is moving the engine start lever for the left engine.

Is this as simple as to "rename" the number behind the "ENG" in the .json file? I mean change 1 to 2, and 2 to 1? See the picture with the two green arrows. Both entries in the picture are for engine #1, I guess for on and off.

No big deal, but just a question if it's an easy fix that I can do ;) 

Cheers,

Orjan.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi Orjan,

Buttons 39 and 40 are controlling Engine Start Lever 1 while 41 and 42 are controlling Engine Start Lever 2, as you can see further down the profile. Of course you can also switch them around if you feel that suits you better. But on my system the left button is correctly controlling Engine 1 and vice versa. 

Hi Ben.

That sounds great, thank you for confirming :) 

It is the same on the 777, the left button controlling engine 2. 

I will make a slight "switcharoo" ;) 

Thank you sir!

Cheers,

Orjan

• Aerosoft

Even though that is kinda strange and no one else has reported that...as long as you get it to work I'm not gonna wrap my head around it ;). Have a nice weekend, Orjan.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived