AS Updater

Hello,

I had to re-format my hard drive and re-install MSFS.  I have backed up the scenery purchased from your online store but how can I now re-install the Aerosoft updater tool to manage any future scenery updates ?  

Thanks

John

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Updater is included with select add-ons from Aerosoft, so simply install any one of them and the Updater should also install. I suggest the Aerosoft Paderborn-Lippstadt (EDLP) for MFS. Since it's free, you should already have it, but if not, just download EDLP and you should be good to go. Here's the link. The link likely points to the original version, and if so, it's a good test of the Updater and add-ons working correctly.

• Deputy Sheriffs

And to add: Aerosoft Addons you bought and installed from the MFS marketplace do NOT install the ASUpdater, they are updated from the marketplace. Only those add-ons you get directly from Aerosoft come with the ASUpdater.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Otto's point is absolutely vital to consider. ANY add-on acquired through the in-game Marketplace can only be updated through the Marketplace. But, much more slowly than if acquired from an outside shop. This is the main reason why I (and many others) prefer to buy direct from the publisher. It does make keeping things current more difficult because you have multiple updaters (AS Updater, Orbx Central, Contrail, etc.). Updates for anything acquired through the Marketplace will always see a delay between receipt by Microsoft and when they become available in-game, due to "processing" that's totally under the control of MS. MS isn't being mean here, the delay is apparently a result of what they consider necessary, maybe to check for interference or something else.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Keeping in mind Otto's point, anything new you get from Aerosoft should be in the Updater, but not anything you bought elsewhere. The major reason is that retailers cannot see and access products you obtained from another retailer, even if they also sell it or are the publisher. It's a privacy issue. So you'll always have to get any updates from the original source of your earlier purchases.

Also, I realized I unintentionally described the speed of getting updates in my original reply text (now corrected). It's slower, way slower, from the in-game Marketplace, not faster.

• Developer
1 hour ago, Piper9t3 said:

Thanks for the replies.  I think I just might get some new scenery from your shop to get the updater back !  

You don‘t need to buy a new one, if you have the addons already, you need only to  run the installer again.

This you need to do anyway, because the backup of the sceneries of the community folder and the copy back, don‘t bring them back as „installed“ into the ASupdater. The ASupdater has his own config files, to know which addon is installed and in which version. This infos are stored by any Aerosoft Shop Addon Installer while the install process. So, if you not backup the ASupdater Folder below Documents\Aerosoft too and take care, that the Community folder has the same drive and path after format your disk, you need to reinstall all addons to get the full ASupdater function back.

All, as explained before, only for Addons of the Aerosoft shop, the Marktplace Addons are handle only there, ASUpdate not involved here.

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived