How to use the TCA throttle, the reverse levers and Starter buttons with Aerosoft Airbusses under P3Dv4/v5

SimWare

• Aerosoft

Please login to display this image.

How to use the TCA throttle, the reverse levers and Starter buttons
with Aerosoft Aibusses under P3Dv4/v5

This is not complicated at all but since the Airbus is a complex aircraft and P3D as well as the Thrustmaster TCA throttle offer A LOT of capabilities and features,

some basic configurations are required to be able to use the full possibilities of all these.

Once again, as a guideline, DO NOT rely on automatic assignments.
YOU are the pilot, so YOU decide what does what.
Also, no need to use the Thrustmaster tools or driver.

IMPORTANT NOTE : 
     Please make sure that no other device (Yoke, joystick, etc.) still has axes assigned to the throttle

functions as this may cause conflicts and unwanted behaviors.

Here are the steps to configure your throttle with Aerosoft’s Airbusses under P3Dv4/v5.

This might look a bit long, but keep in mind you only have to do it once.
So take some time now. It will save a lot more later to do it right from the start.

STEP 1:

Start the Aerosoft Updater and make sure you have the latest update of your Aerosoft Airbus.

STEP 2 :
Start the Aerosoft Airbus configurator and check “Enable TCA Quadrant support”
This will activate the reversers management and allow Starter buttons access.
CAUTION : If you are using the TCA Throttle, DO NOT check the "EnableTCA sidestick support" box
                   even if you use the sidestick !
                   --> This would create conflictual commands to the simulator. 

STEP 3:

Start P3D and load the Aerosoft Airbus of your choice.
Go to Options-Axis Assignments
Assign Engine 1 throttle Axis to the left lever (X Axis)
Assign Engine 2 throttle Axis to the right lever (Y Axis)
IMPORTANT : No need to manually assign any reverser function.
The Airbus Addon will automatically trigger the reversers when the levers get to the reversers zone.

IMPORTANT (again) : 
Make sure the sensitivity of the throttle axes is set to maximum (127) 

and the null zone to minimu (1)

STEP 4 :
Check ALL the axes assignments and delete any other Axis assignment.
For the throttle, only Engine throttle Axes 1 & 2 must be assigned.
This step is very important otherwise you may have conflicts with other controls

Such as Stick and Rudder.

STEP 5 :
We will now assign the starter, crank and Ignition switches.

Go to Options-Key Assignments and make the following assignments :

ENGINE 1 Master switch on, BUTTON 3: "Hotas generic key (A0)"

ENGINE 1 Master switch off, BUTTON 3 ON RELEASE: "Hotas generic key (A1)"

ENGINE 2 Master switch on, BUTTON 4: "Hotas generic key (A2)"

ENGINE 2 Master switch off, BUTTON 4 ON RELEASE: "Hotas generic key (A3)"

ENGINE MODE switch in "CRANK" position, BUTTON 7: "Hotas generic key (A4)"

ENGINE MODE switch in "NORM" position, BUTTON 7 ON RELEASE: "Hotas generic key (A5)"

ENGINE MODE switch in "IGN/START" position, BUTTON 8: "Hotas generic key (A6)"
ENGINE MODE switch in "NORM" position, BUTTON 8 ON RELEASE: "Hotas generic key (A7)"

It should look like this :

Do not forget to check “Do action when key is released” when “ON RELEASE” is specified.

STEP 6:
Check ALL the buttons assignment and make sure no unwanted button is still assigned.
The TCA throttle has “Virtual buttons” These are buttons that are triggered by the throttle levers at different stages of the course. So movin the throttle will make like there were buttons pressed. If these buttons are automatically assigned in P3D, it may result in strange behaviors.
For instance in a change of view wich is of course weird.
So go and check all the button assignment .
See hereunder an example of unwanted View change automatic assignments :
---> In this example, you should delete Button 2 ang 9 assignments.

STEP 7 : Check it actually works (Video) 

NOTE REGARDING THE A330 REVERSERS SYSTEM VS. THE A318 -> A321 : 
The A330 only activates the reversers by pulling the reversers flaps.
The throttle has no portion below the IDLE position.
The IDLE position is therefore different on the A330 compared to the A318 -> A321.

A330  

A318 -> A321 :

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Jetzt fehlen nur noch die Zuweisungen für das TCA Add-on.

Auto Brake – Bremsklappen – Flaps

Ich hoffe, dass das Aerosoft-team bald die entsprechenden Anpassungen für den Airbus Prof. fertigstellt.

Danke für Deine Arbeit !

Gruß Helmut

Now only the assignments for the TCA add-on are missing.
Auto Brake - Airbrakes - Flaps
I hope that the Aerosoft-team will soon finish the corresponding adaptations for the Airbus Prof.
Thanks for your work !
Greetings Helmut

I use P3D5.1 and I have done all the step of this topic and the Thrustmaster calibration procedure   but throttles don't go idle. They remain at Climb detent or directly to Reverse and it's not possible to calibrate throttles using Direct Input.

Where is the problem? 

On 2/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, delc said:

I use P3D5.1 and I have done all the step of this topic and the Thrustmaster calibration procedure   but throttles don't go idle. They remain at Climb detent or directly to Reverse and it's not possible to calibrate throttles using Direct Input.

Where is the problem?

I bought my Airbus Quadrant yesterday and I am having the same issue on v4.5 HF3. Any help will be welcomed.

18 hours ago, CS-TMT said:

Never mind. Figured it out. I had the virtual buttons disabled and I didn't know they should be enabled.

Where can i find it, i am having the same issue you had. 

nevermind mine is enabled and it still doesnt work, Aerosoft a330 updated to the latest version and TCA Quadrant support is enabled.

My only issue right now is that the reverse thrust not always engages, though it seems to be related to the sim performance (FPS). On an airport with less "heavy" objects with >30fps, no issues at all, reverse always engages. On heavier sceneries or areas (MK Lisbon - my home airport, ORBX Chicago area) with 17-22fps, if I try to engage it while taxiing out it engaged, but after a circuit near the airport, when landing again, it doesn't engage, although the levers on the cockpit sit half way between idle rev and full rev, though the rev unlockers on the cockpit levers stay down 🤔

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 1:28 AM, CS-TMT said:

My only issue right now is that the reverse thrust not always engages, though it seems to be related to the sim performance (FPS). On an airport with less "heavy" objects with >30fps, no issues at all, reverse always engages. On heavier sceneries or areas (MK Lisbon - my home airport, ORBX Chicago area) with 17-22fps, if I try to engage it while taxiing out it engaged, but after a circuit near the airport, when landing again, it doesn't engage, although the levers on the cockpit sit half way between idle rev and full rev, though the rev unlockers on the cockpit levers stay down 🤔

Goodday,

I have exactly the same behaviour in my sim (P3d/v4.5 with latest HF) as desrcribed above.

Can someone tell me if this is indeed FPS related or can it be something else.......

Many thanks for clarification

• Like 1

As long as your FPS don't drop below 20fps, you're safe regarding reverse activation. Been doing some flights and have had no issues at all with FPS above 20.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had quite a few problems with the correct positions on the throttle quadrant (Aerosoft Busses in P3d v4.5 and v5.1).
I suddenly found out that if you disconnect the quadrant for a moment, disconnect the USB-C plug at the back of the quadrant and reconnect, everything suddenly works as it should ...

It's just a tip ....

Good Luck!

Hans

I have followed all the instructions above, however my throttles don't engage with the 'climb' indent or the 'idle' indent and only go to 'idle' if i go to reverse thrust, which means I don't get any reverse thrust. Please can someone advise ?

Thanks.

Martin Littlemore

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi captains:

My issue is that after properly assigned all the buttons and only the two axis (throttle 1 and 2) as per the instructions, only the lever for the ENG 2 works. It perfectly match with all detents but only lever two. The ENG Master switches and ING Mode switch also works fine. Any suggestion?? Thanks in advance. 

• 2 months later...

On 2/17/2021 at 3:28 AM, CS-TMT said:

Hi, pilots! 

I have the same issue with TCA throttle and A320 professional. FPS about 30. It there any solution?

On 5/3/2021 at 4:12 PM, Roary said:

I have followed all the instructions above, however my throttles don't engage with the 'climb' indent or the 'idle' indent and only go to 'idle' if i go to reverse thrust, which means I don't get any reverse thrust. Please can someone advise ?

Thanks.

Martin Littlemore

Have you found any solution? 

Hi Alex,

No, I got it to work briefly and this was more through perseverance and re-doing the stages over and over again, then it all just went back to the previous way with no reverse and the indents all wrong, very frustrating. I actually bought the FS Labs A320X and got the TCA throttles to work no problem, (there is an option within FS Labs A320X to set the indents), I would recommend the FS Labs A320 it is brilliant and works well with the throttles. The Aerosoft Airbus just doesn't work or is very temprimental for some reason

48 minutes ago, Roary said:

Hi Alex,

No, I got it to work briefly and this was more through perseverance and re-doing the stages over and over again, then it all just went back to the previous way with no reverse and the indents all wrong, very frustrating. I actually bought the FS Labs A320X and got the TCA throttles to work no problem, (there is an option within FS Labs A320X to set the indents), I would recommend the FS Labs A320 it is brilliant and works well with the throttles. The Aerosoft Airbus just doesn't work or is very temprimental for some reason

I have similar situation - i have reverse, CL, FLEX and TOGA, but nothing more - when i put thrust to idle, in the aircraft it's positioned to CL.  Very frustrating.   Thanks for recommendation, i'll try FSLabs in case of no solution in few days.

• 4 weeks later...

for the brakes and gear I did in key assignments

brakes(set parking)   button20

brakes(set parking) buuton 20 on relaese

landing gear (extend/retract         button21

landing gear (extend/retract         button21 on release

its works fine You have only set before start addon AC the levers in the right position it works for every AC in p3d4

I try`d with auto brake  and rudder trim but that wont work .

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft

Dear Wildeboer,

The rudder trim works, but the button does not visually move.
The readings do however.
Please see the video hereunder. It also show the assignments in the beginning.

Best regards.

• Jonas S. changed the title to How to use the TCA throttle, the reverse levers and Starter buttons with Aerosoft Airbusses under P3Dv4/v5