Bravo Throttle Quadrant Switch Settings

I've had my Bravo Quadrant for about a month now and use it with MSFS 2020. I have downloaded and successfully installed the LED option and it works great! I also resolved the issue with the error on startup by downloading and installing the Visual C++ 2015-2019 redistributable. The one thing I have been unable to resolve are the default switch assignments that it is setup with in MSFS 2020. They are setup out of the box as follows:

34/35 - Beacon Light

36/37 - Landing Lights

38/39 - Taxi Lights

40/41 - Navigation Lights

42/43 - Strobe Lights

44/45 - Pitot Heat

46/47 - Avionics Master

Out of the above the Landing Lights, Strobe Lights, Pitot Heat, and Avionics Master work as expected. However, the Beacon, Taxi, and Navigation Lights switches have no effect.  I've double-checked the assignments in MSFS 2020 and based on the selected input names they appear to be mapped correctly, but just don't work.  Any ideas? Thanks!

Didn't know where to post this...sorry to hijack this thread...

ANY help is MUCH appreciated. I am beyond frustrated...

P3Dv4, Alpha and Bravo FC from Honeycomb. FSUIPC registered but ZERO buttons are programmed.

I installed the honeycomb configurator v2.01 from their website (assuming the drivers were auto installed with it along with plugging in the USB ports). I downloaded profiles (PMDG 777X) from aerosoft and they work except for the following two keys.
1.) when I select flaps down on the BQT, it also selects the 'A/P disengage' gang bar on the MCP. I can't find the duplicate key assignment...help!
2.) I want to use the 'flap extend incrementally' button (button 2) on the Alpha yoke as my push to talk, however, I can't delete the key function in the profile...help!

Thank you in advance...also, I am a pilot, not a computer guy, I am sure I messed something up and/or will need some expanded guidance. Thank you

No problem. I wish I could help, but MSFS 2020 doesn't use the configurator so I don't know how it works or what to tell you. I'm assuming P3Dv4 is another simulator?  Not a real pilot here, just a simmer, and I've only used Microsoft's Flight Simulator over the years.  Hopefully, someone else will see your message and be able to help.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, DirtyF16 said:

Didn't know where to post this...sorry to hijack this thread...

Since this section of the forums is just for the new MS flight simulator and you're asking about P3Dv4, you'll want to start a new thread with your question where this link takes you.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:29 AM, bleeman said:

No problem. I wish I could help, but MSFS 2020 doesn't use the configurator so I don't know how it works or what to tell you. I'm assuming P3Dv4 is another simulator?  Not a real pilot here, just a simmer, and I've only used Microsoft's Flight Simulator over the years.  Hopefully, someone else will see your message and be able to help.

did you get this issue resolved? Just got my quadrant and I have the same issue with the switches. They register when setting them up, but not when in the cockpit. Very strange, i cant figure out why.. had some issues with the throttle axis registering as buttons as well, but assigning multiple times seem to have fixed it. But something strange is definitely going on. 

• 1 month later...

I don't know that I have an answer as to why those certain switches are not working, but I have the same throttle, and the Alpha yoke, and of those 7 switches on the throttle directly below the Autopilot controls, 5 of those were bound to the same functions that the Alpha Yoke's switches are bound to. I don't know if that could interfere with the function controls on your Bravo, but because those switches basically were useless because they are already assigned to labeled switchs on the yoke so I bound those 7 switches to different function's and they have worked great!!!  Some of them, depending on what you assign them to, will act odd if you choose them as a toggle, where there is also a "SET" command available and that did make a difference for me on a couple because of what I bound them to.  It may be easier, and better to rebind those switches to something else.  Good luck and I hope that may help even a little.  What took me the most time was trying to decide what to bind them to and every time I fly I discover something that is more important or necessary to have a control to so I rebind them as I learn.

OOPS I just now was warned this is an old post so my apologies!  I hope you discovered the answer!

• 6 months later...
On 2/1/2021 at 6:31 PM, bleeman said:

I've had my Bravo Quadrant for about a month now and use it with MSFS 2020. I have downloaded and successfully installed the LED option and it works great! I also resolved the issue with the error on startup by downloading and installing the Visual C++ 2015-2019 redistributable. The one thing I have been unable to resolve are the default switch assignments that it is setup with in MSFS 2020. They are setup out of the box as follows:

34/35 - Beacon Light

36/37 - Landing Lights

38/39 - Taxi Lights

40/41 - Navigation Lights

42/43 - Strobe Lights

44/45 - Pitot Heat

46/47 - Avionics Master

Out of the above the Landing Lights, Strobe Lights, Pitot Heat, and Avionics Master work as expected. However, the Beacon, Taxi, and Navigation Lights switches have no effect.  I've double-checked the assignments in MSFS 2020 and based on the selected input names they appear to be mapped correctly, but just don't work.  Any ideas? Thanks!

Do you also have the Alpha Yoke? If so those commands are duplicated on the Yoke, I changed the settings for those switches on my Bravo to get better use out of them.  You probably have your solution already but just in case I thought I'd throw this out there, it's been awhile since asked.. 

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, McCloud9 said:

Do you also have the Alpha Yoke? If so those commands are duplicated on the Yoke, I changed the settings for those switches on my Bravo to get better use out of them.  You probably have your solution already but just in case I thought I'd throw this out there, it's been awhile since asked.. 

Indeed. Multiple assignments to a same function can REALLY mess up things.

And as default assignments do not know if other controls are connected, when connecting multiple controls (Yoke, quadrant, etc.)

their respective default assignment can be redundant and therefore cause issues.

So if something isn't working when multiple controls are connected, just disconnect them all but one, and check if the problem 

is solved.
If it is, record the assignments and use them to build your own profiles from scratch.
Please see this post : 

Archived