Seattle City X Airports for P3D installer is just a .dll file.

Deltaguy24

in my AS customer download account is Seattle Airports available as exe file in version 1.4. No standalone dll visible

I have P3Dv4 and 5. 

Ahoj

-Uwe

• Deputy Sheriffs

Same here. Since the file in the shop page is an .exe , I'm puzzled why you're seeing just a .dll . You could try clearing your browser cache, then looking at your shop account page again to see if you it looks like my screenshot, checking of course for the relevant add-on.

Please login to display this image.

It shows as an exe in the downloads, but when you actually download it, it's just a .dll file.  Simmarket had the same issue with theirs and they fixed it.  The link is a bad link. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I should have asked earlier, but what version of the two files did you buy, the XP-11 or the FSX/FSX:SE/P3D versions? I know your thread title notes the P3D version, but it's not unknown for someone to inadvertently buy the wrong version and it's possible the XP version isn't an .exe. I don't have it, so I don't know. The XP-11 version is v1.1, so looking on your shop page, that could be a clue.

What you're seeing is really odd if we're both talking about the FSX/FSX:SE/P3D versions. I just downloaded both Seattle City X and Seattle Airports X from my Aerosoft shop page and both downloaded as expected and as the current versions (1.4, which is what the DD website shows as current too). Seattle City X downloaded as a 3.43 GB zip file called DD_SEATTLE_CITY_X.zip containing a single file named Seattle_City_X_v1.4.exe. Unzipped the folder using 7-zip and it installed perfectly. Seattle Airports X downloaded as a 2.26 GB executable named DD_SEATTLE_AIRPORTS_X_v1.4.exe. Windows Defender did flag it as a potential virus, but knowing Aerosoft downloads are scanned at least daily for viruses and known to be virus free, I overrode the Defender warnings and again, it installed perfectly.

Did you try my earlier advice to clear out your browser cache? Or alternatively, if you have one, download using another browser. Also, it's possible your antivirus may be interfering, so you could try turning it off during the download. As noted above, all Aerosoft shop files are safe and virus free, whatever your antivirus may flag otherwise.

Herman,

Thanks for sticking with me on this to try and figure it out.  It is the FSX/P3d version.  I have since purchased it from Simmarket and will include the two downloads and maybe it may make more sense.  When I download it from my downloads on here, it shows a DLL file and that's it.  No installer or anything.  The simmarket one includes the installer. One shows an exe file the other a dll file. I just want a refund or a certificate for future use.  I support you guys a lot and will continue to do so. Thank you for taking the time to help me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Let's give someone with more insight into how the store works than I have a chance to respond. In the meantime, since you're requesting "a refund or certificate for future use," please send an email to support@aerosoft.com, citing this thread.

To help with the continued troubleshooting, what browser(s) did you use? I used Edge for mine, but it's well established that not all browsers produce the same results. Edge has its moments just like all the others.

• Deputy Sheriffs

As your dll is also 2.3 GB in size.

Is it also a dll after downloading on the HDD?

Have you tried to change the file extension from dll to exe?

I am not sure how to do that. I managed to purchase the product at another sim store and their download worked as it should.  I guess I will not be getting a refund for a broken download link.  Lesson learned I guess on my part.  As a frequent customer to Aerosoft, any future products that I purchase will make me think twice about where I purchase in the future.  I think I explained it pretty well here and to the person working the ticket I submitted.  Your link is broken.  It should be as easy as downloading the link and running an installer.  I shouldn't have to change the file extension etc in order to get your product to work. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry Mark about your troubles. We had several people to try the download and in all cases it is shown as an exe and downloaded as an exe. Maybe it is an issue with your AV software.

Could you please try the following:

- clear your browser cache

- turn off your AV software

- download it again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, any luck with masterhawk's suggestion to change the file name extension from .dll to .exe ? If you still need to know how, right-click on the unzipped file. Near the bottom of the resulting context sheet is a choice for "Rename". Left-click that and you'll see a dialog box with the file name but not the extension highlighted. Now left-click at the end of the extension in the box around the file name and extension, back space to remove "dll" (leave the period) then enter "exe" (no quote marks of course). Hit enter, to complete the name change. Then again right-click on the new name, choose to run as Administrator and let us know what happens.

I'll try both of your suggestions. I purchased Seattle City at the same time and did not have any issues with that download. I'll let you know if this works. I've tried three different browsers, turned off anti virus program, still get nothing. I'll try to rename the file and see if that works. 

Archived