PFPX Navlog Issue

Hi all,

I'm currently running v2.04 of PFPX and notice I get extra airports included in the OFP Navlog.

In the attached OFP extract my planned route is as follows: YCAR CAR B469 TOPIR L514 REVOP Q38 JULIM JULI5A YPPH

You will notice YCUN included before and after the TOC along with YPPH after the TOC. Does anyone know what is causing this? This issue happens in any flight plan I create. The errant airports change to suit the locale of the flight plan.

Regards,
Serge

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for the prompt response Stephen. Is this something new with v2?

It's great to still see you around here helping out. I'm only just getting back in it again with MSFS after an absence of around 2 years so I only recently upgraded to v2.04 after using v1.28 and don't recall seeing this previously. Also just gave my NATS spreadsheet a run and surprised it still works.

Regards,
Serge

Yes it was new to v2 Serge, it is embedded in the program so cannot be changed via any OFP Template.

I have been using the NATS and FAA spreadsheets since release :)

I was just playing around with a few options to see if it could be disabled but you've just confirmed my suspicion.

It's also great to hear those spreadsheets are still useful.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Cheers,

Serge

Sorry, not related to North Atlantic Tracks but to NATS UK. It's a spreadsheet that converts standard routes from a XLS file downloadable from the NATS UK website and converts them into routes PFPX can import. There is also a similar one for FAA standard routes.

You can grab the spreadsheets from here if still interested:

PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheets - PFPX - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Regards,

Serge

You can get rid of them by using an abbreviated navlog in your OFP format, but you'll also lose ETPs, ETOPS entry/exit, and TOC/TOD in your navlog too.

15 hours ago, Serge75 said:

Sorry, not related to North Atlantic Tracks but to NATS UK. It's a spreadsheet that converts standard routes from a XLS file downloadable from the NATS UK website and converts them into routes PFPX can import. There is also a similar one for FAA standard routes.

You can grab the spreadsheets from here if still interested:

PFPX Route Translator Spreadsheets - PFPX - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Regards,

Serge

Ohh SRD's, yeah I know of it :D I used to download them from the download page but you have now provided me with the keys to the kingdom (especially since I can now also update my FAA routes :)).

But I assume you created the spreadsheets? If so, I'd like to run an idea by you which I have tried myself but am not sufficient enough with macros. So it didn't pan out....

22 hours ago, VHOJT said:

You can get rid of them by using an abbreviated navlog in your OFP format, but you'll also lose ETPs, ETOPS entry/exit, and TOC/TOD in your navlog too.

Thanks for the tip. Only doing short haul/regional flights at the moment so no need for ETOPS however losing the TOC/TOD would be a minor inconvenience.

Regards,
Serge

9 hours ago, planebass said:

Ohh SRD's, yeah I know of it :D I used to download them from the download page but you have now provided me with the keys to the kingdom (especially since I can now also update my FAA routes :)).

But I assume you created the spreadsheets? If so, I'd like to run an idea by you which I have tried myself but am not sufficient enough with macros. So it didn't pan out....

I knocked those spreadsheets up a few years back now. PM me your idea and I can have a look. Be warned though, I'm certainly no expert at this, really only got this done by googling along with plenty of trial and error.

Regards,
Serge

• 2 months later...

Stephen

Back on topic, well almost.

With V2.04, I get OFP's with Adequates nominated (& markers shown on the planning map).

But most instances include quirky data such as incorrect segment distances between route fixes (some negative) and time intervals/fuel not matching the distance suggested as to be flown. It is a a tad difficult to detail further though it does seem distance to the adequate itself is being substituted for the route distance to the marker.

The attached show examples of this. Your thoughts / questions.

John

CPA349 ZBAA-VHHH (05-Apr-2021) #1.txt CPA456 VHHH-RJBB (05-Apr-2021) #1.txt

This is not a PFPX OFP John ?

Using your data I get a 10min time difference at VHCC from your ZBAA-VHHH example with large differences at the other adequate entries.

Could you try using the PFPX OFP for comparison.

Stephen

Firstly, the anomalies I refer to are at the VHHH Adequate in both the attached & also at ZGHA in CPA3942.

The AS weather / departure times are 2020100402Z CPA3942 & 0702Z CPA349.

Using PFPX OFP shows similar negative distances to the next fix plus other fuel & time quirks ..... as it does in my CPA Regional Template (inherited from V1.28) 

Cheers, John

CPA349 ZBAA-VHHH (05-Apr-2021) #2.txt CPA3492 ZBAA-VHHH (05-Apr-2021) #1.txt

The GO point of VHHH in your plan is before BEMAG which has a -58nm distance.

I have not been able to reproduce that with historic or live weather, have attached the route planned for 7th departing 0200Z using PFPX weather. You'll see the go VHHH is 40nm after BEMAG.

Could you post snapshots of the planning screen showing the adequates in use and also the aircraft/general tab.

Sent you a PM

ZBAA-VHHH (07-Apr-2021) #1.txt

Stephen

This is a tad weird.

I checked other routes each way along with the return of the subject route & no quirkies (v2.04)

This morning, having trashed my earlier plans of ZBAA-VHHH, I rebuilt that with the same 20201007 weather & guess what, no quirkies.

So still using v2.04 but will report if I see the issue again.

Attached are some "pics etc." of the is morning's effort ..... in case it helps somehow. You will notice in comparison with yours that VMMC is not listed as an adequate.

Cheers John

CPA349 ZBAA-VHHH 20201007(08-Apr-2021) #1.txt

Thanks for the snapshots John.

Have tried here using your data fully without been able to replicate the issue using Jeppesen and LIDO airacs, AS and PFPX weather.

The threshold time looks rather high in your aircraft config, re-enter '60' to populate the Diversion TAS and Diversion Dist fields, I doubt this influenced your problem however.

Stephen

Contrary to earlier thinking, filed the attached yesterday to see a lemon or 2.... v2.04.

The other point of note, the map is not showing start (GLORY) & end (ELATO) fixes of the en-route plan portion ...... never noticed that before.

As before, your questions / thoughts if appropriate.

I'll try v2.03 to compare.

Cheers, John

CPA2037 RJBB-VHHH (10-Apr-2021) #1.txt current_wx_snapshot.txt

From the posted image I can see waypoint GLORY but not ELATO, this is down to scaling and zooming in will reveal the missing waypoint. Reducing the font size allows more detail at reduced zoom and can be adjusted in the configuration/customize tab. When printing the font size can be adjusted also but I'm not sure this has any effect on the map, maybe depends on the printer capabilities and graphic drivers.

I ran your latest route through v2.03 NG2103, v2.04 AS2002, using your weather snapshot and weights, again I cannot reproduce the errant adequate entries. Both using the PFPX OFP.

In addition there is a vast difference in the time/fuel of the designated alternate ZGGG where I have used the same route and FL as depicted in your OFP.

RJBB-VHHH (11-Apr-2021) #4.txt

Archived