Liveries missing after update

Hi,

I updated both the A31x and the A32x to version 1.4.2.0 stable release this afternoon. The liveries I had installed for Fly-UK are no longer showing in P3Dv5 nor the Livery Manager. I try to reinstall but it says they are already installed.

How can I get the liveries to appear again please? Is it a matter of a full uninstall/reinstall because that seems OTT for this?

Thanks

An update to this - I looked in the aircraft.cfg file and the liveries were not listed nor is there a texture folder. I am not sure where the Livery Manager is getting the info from?

• Deputy Sheriffs

First of all please tell us which simumaltor you are using (v4 or v5) and about which specific plane you are talking about (A318, A319 etc and IAE or CFM model) . We had to change the views for the ViewFocus implementation in all aircraft.cfg files and that means all privately installed repaints have to be newly installed. The various standard repaints you will find in the beginning of each aircraft.cfg - starting with [FLTSIM.0].....

17 minutes ago, Hanse said:

First of all please tell us which simumaltor you are using (v4 or v5) and about which specific plane you are talking about (A318, A319 etc and IAE or CFM model) . We had to change the views for the ViewFocus implementation in all aircraft.cfg files and that means all privately installed repaints have to be newly installed. The various standard repaints you will find in the beginning of each aircraft.cfg - starting with [FLTSIM.0].....

Hi,

Apologies. I am P3Dv5.1 and I installed 2 skins:

A320 CFM

A321 IAE

I tried to reinstall through the livery manager but it says they are installed already despite not appearing in aircraft.cfg not as a texture.xxx folder.

Thanks

OK Issue found.

The entry in the aircraft.cfg file had been removed/overwritten during the upgrade to 1.4.2.0 yesterday. The texture.xxx folder was there, I did no notice it because it was not named as I expected. Because the folder existed, the livery could not be reinstalled. I don't know if this has been an issue for anyone else or not?

Thanks

Neil

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also talked to the developer of the Livery Installer and the Aerosoft Updater. Both tools are much more intelligent than I thought. All [FLTSIM.?] entries in the existing aircraft.cfg (before the update) are saved and after the update of the aircraft.cfg is done newly added. So normally all previously manually added reapints are kept.

The only possibility he sees how a previous entry could get "lost" is that the sequence of the "old" aircraft.cfg is wrong e.g. maybe some numbers as missing.......

[fltsim.0]
[fltsim.1]
[fltsim.2]
[fltsim.5]
[fltsim.6]

3 minutes ago, Hanse said:

I also talked to the developer of the Livery Installer and the Aerosoft Updater. Both tools are much more intelligent than I thought. All [FLTSIM.?] entries in the existing aircraft.cfg (before the update) are saved and after the update of the aircraft.cfg is done newly added. So normally all previously manually added reapints are kept.

The only possibility he sees how a previous entry could get "lost" is that the sequence of the "old" aircraft.cfg is wrong e.g. maybe some numbers as missing.......

[fltsim.0]
[fltsim.1]
[fltsim.2]
[fltsim.5]
[fltsim.6]

Interesting. Thank you for advising. The numbers are sequential starting at 0. All I can see is that the Livery Manager is adding the additional [fltsim.x] entry(ies) at the very bottom of the aircraft.cfg file rather than after the last entry. In my case, [fltsim.6] is the last entry of the pre configured skins but [fltsim.7] which is my only added skin for the A320 CFM is right at the bottom of the code.

• Deputy Sheriffs

So everything seems to be OK e.g. all personally added skins are kept when the aircraft.cfg is updated. That those are added at the end of the file is just a programming issue and does not influence the functionality. 

Unfortunately it's not only a problem with a distorted 'order' but also with 'deleted' default entries: i for example have deleted all 'air berlin' liveries with the livery manager, so in both P3D versions (V4/5) my added liveries are gone after the update - they are only added at the end when the original number AND order is present in the cfg file. Since I always make backups before an update this is no real problem, merely some inconvenience... but not so experienced customers may have a problem with that...

best regards,

Tom

Archived