installation Issues

Jov

I have a new computer and thus a new installation.

I created a flightplan via simbrief and exported the data in the respective folders.

I installed Airbus 319 - 321 and 330. Updated with the updater to current version. (Simwings EDDM does not update, it hangs)

Please login to display this image.

The fuelplanner shows only the a330.

When I want to initiate the loadsheet, I get nothing.

I use Navigraph data, I updated but the A330 does not find "MMMX", my destination.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have the other Airbus Pros installed at the moment, but I can see from your screenshot you don't have the current version of the Airbus Pro A320-A321. What you're showing is simply what's installed, while the Aerosoft Updater shows what's installed AND if not current, what to do to get the current version. Please update to current versions and then report back on whether you still have an issue.

Vor 1 Stunde, Herman sagte:

I don't have the other Airbus Pros installed at the moment, but I can see from your screenshot you don't have the current version of the Airbus Pro A320-A321. What you're showing is simply what's installed, while the Aerosoft Updater shows what's installed AND if not current, what to do to get the current version. Please update to current versions and then report back on whether you still have an issue.

The Simwings EDDM issue is something else. I had posted that already in a Forum but did not get any answer... who cares.

I did say, that I have the current versions of the products installed, the blue font could prove that. But to give you evidence,

here is the undeniable proof, that I said the truth and did not lie.

The issues are only with the 330 so far, I did not test the other busses, yet.

Any help to what I could do would be appreciated

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, Jov said:

The Simwings EDDM issue is something else. I had posted that already in a Forum but did not get any answer... who cares.

I did say, that I have the current versions of the products installed, the blue font could prove that. But to give you evidence,

here is the undeniable proof, that I said the truth and did not lie.

The issues are only with the 330 so far, I did not test the other busses, yet.

Woah...slow down. No one asked for "undeniable proof" or doubted you thought you had the current versions installed. I simply pointed out that in the initial screenshots you provided it couldn't be determined if you did have the current versions. It's clear in the screenshot you provided later that you do. I provided a place to ensure this in case you didn't know, that's all. Having provided support for some time now, I've seen plenty of times when someone was quite sure they had current files only to learn through checking that they didn't. In this case, you do have them. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, Jov said:

Here they are.

Where?

Also your ASUPdater still shows version 1.5.0.0 while the actual version is 1.6.0.0. As the ASUpdater checks on every start whether there is a new version, something is definitely wrong on your system. Did you block it from accessing the web, are you offfline while running it?

vor 5 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

Where?

Also your ASUPdater still shows version 1.5.0.0 while the actual version is 1.6.0.0. As the ASUpdater checks on every start whether there is a new version, something is definitely wrong on your system. Did you block it from accessing the web, are you offfline while running it?

...forgot the file. sorry. Here it is now.

I just did a reinstall of the Busses and EDDM.

Updated the busses via the updater.

The updater itself, however, did not update itself evidently.

I have no idea why. I am online and the updater can access the net,

otherwise it would not be able to download the updates.

The reinstall, btw did not change anything. The navdata are current
in the navigraph folder, but the 330 does not read it.

The fuel planner only shows the 330 not the other busses.

The smaller busses do not show up on the list of programs.

During installation I disabled firewall and virusscanner.

All installations were made "as administrator"

However my account for simulation is a local account with
no admin rights.

No problems btw with PMDG planes

20210131_Results.TXT

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you really name your P3D installation folder like this?

Also, d:\documents is not the default folder as Windows creates it. How do you point Windows to this folder?

vor 56 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

Did you really name your P3D installation folder like this?

Also, d:\documents is not the default folder as Windows creates it. How do you point Windows to this folder?

D:\documents is the path for the default documents folder of the user account for the simulation.
I change the path from C:\ after creating the account to be free from the space limitations of my c-drive.
All programs are pointed to that folder, Aerosoft folder is there.

I use the installation path you pointed out for almost 10 years now, it is a relict from the old fsx. It throws
some people off and raises curiosity, it never has created a problem, since one can install P3D (just like the AS busses)
in any folder one likes. Windows (probably the registry takes care. It does for PMDG, for Quality wings, for all the
add ons and it did also for AS Busses in all my last installations.

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, while Windows allows the usage of the "$" sign for file and folder names, it is recomended not to use it. Soa myabe you were simply lucky for the last years.

Just to make sure regarding the "Documents" folder, you used this functionality to move it:

Also please attach the following files to your next post:
- C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs\ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

- C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\ASUpdater.cfg

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

OK, while Windows allows the usage of the "$" sign for file and folder names, it is recomended not to use it. Soa myabe you were simply lucky for the last years.

Just to make sure regarding the "Documents" folder, you used this functionality to move it:

Also please attach the following files to your next post:
- C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Logs\ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

- C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\ASUpdater.cfg

a) the "$"m was mentioned in that blog because it was supposedly important that the "FSX" folder was the first one in the directory.

As I mentioned, I have had this setup for probably more than 10 years without any problem and quite a few installations on quite a few
machines. So I have been lucky, it seems. Never had any problems because of that.

b) yes that's how it should be done and that's how I do it with all my installations for all users on all machines.

c) \username\...ASUpdater_App_log.txt does not exist on my machine. Screenshot is included so you believe me.

d) I included my AUSpdater.cfg file instead. If you want another file, please let me know.dro

ASUpdater.cfg

• Deputy Sheriffs

1 hour ago, Jov said:

a) the "$"m was mentioned in that blog because it was supposedly important that the "FSX" folder was the first one in the directory.

TBH, this is totally bullshit; never read such a nonsense. And I can only recommend you to make a complete fresh install of P3D into a folder without those characters.

Rearding the ASUpdater: copy teh attached file into the ASUpdater folder and run the ASUpdater again.

asupdater.xml

vor 26 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

TBH, this is totally bullshit; never read such a nonsense. And I can only recommend you to make a complete fresh install of P3D into a folder without those characters.

Rearding the ASUpdater: copy teh attached file into the ASUpdater folder and run the ASUpdater again.

asupdater.xml 111 B · 0 downloads

a) Well Mr. Mopperle, could be bullshit, could be not. If you did not hear of it does not necessarily mean that it is bs.
Occams Razor suggests, that if that worked for 10 years and works with all other addons, there is nothing wrong with it.

b) the new file did not change anything, The Updater did not update itself and EDDM update still hangs...

All the other problems with the installation remain

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry to hear, but I'm out of any idea. Something on your system is not as expected. Please contact Aerosoft support directly.

Vor 1 Stunde, mopperle sagte:

Sorry to hear, but I'm out of any idea. Something on your system is not as expected. Please contact Aerosoft support directly.

ok, will do.

On 1.2.2021 at 19:55, Jov sagte:

ok, will do.

Hello there,

I think I found the answer.

I did a complete new install, new local account and left the default drive on C:
Now everything (except some issunes with EDDM) works fine, the paths for load manager, NavData asf are recognized.

It is a reproducable error. Only your products are affected, PMDG and Qualitywings (thats what I have) work fine.

I think, that in the programming of the busses and the ASUpdater there is something that
does not want the default drives to be changed.  Maybe you guys could advise in the installation notes.

Hello there,

I think I found the answer.

I did a complete new install, new local account and left the default drive on C:
Now everything (except some issunes with EDDM) works fine, the paths for load manager, NavData asf are recognized.

It is a reproducable error. Only your products are affected, PMDG and Qualitywings (thats what I have) work fine.

I think, that in the programming of the busses and the ASUpdater there is something that
does not want the default drives to be changed.  Maybe you guys could advise in the installation notes.

Archived