EE Lightning Early Round Gauge VC

Mississippi Thunder

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 3:16 AM, Mississippi Thunder said:

I thought I read on one of the forums here that there was contemplation on doing the early style VC with no tape type ASI for the EE Lightning which we could then plug into any F.2 or earlier aircraft. Is this really a thing or did I imagine it?

Hi 

You are not imagining things, I have the Lightning  2A on the drawing board here . Just need the to find the time to finalise it .

My intention is to  include it with an uprated F3 .

cheers

Dave R

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi all

Well it's taken a while , but the all new model of the EE Lightning F2A is now ready at last .

It has been included with the F6 model download so existing owners of the F6 can just redownload their purchase to get it.

Time to dust off the bone dome, happy flying.

Dave R

Please login to display this image.

The F6 and F2a are now compatible with FSX and P3D v4 and 5  ( the old F6 model was p3dv2 , but your original account download is still valid)  and download is available now .

Cheers

Dave R

Hi Dave,

I've just logged into my aerosoft account.  My Lightning download is in the older orders section.  When I download and re-install the F6, I still get version 2.02,

Dave

• 4 months later...
On 11/29/2021 at 9:34 AM, wingman5 said:

Hi all

Well it's taken a while , but the all new model of the EE Lightning F2A is now ready at last .

It has been included with the F6 model download so existing owners of the F6 can just redownload their purchase to get it.

Time to dust off the bone dome, happy flying.

Dave R

Has the F.3 set been upgraded as well so the F.1 and F.2 use the early style VC without the tape type ASI/Machmeter or can we simply move stuff on our own? (The new cockpit took some getting used to as everything has to be switched on individually and some of the gauges were in places other than where I was used to. The gang switch in the later models really was a time saver!) Really excellent work on this series guys! (Also, the gang from over the pond just went home after two weeks of breathing some more life into XS422 in Mississippi.)

Hi

I'm afraid the F1a /F2 bonus model that came with the F3 is still only the exterior model 

I suppose you could replace the interior  model with that from the new F2A , but you would also need to transfer over a lot of the textures and Panel folder stuff .... but it would still be wrong, the F1/2 had a black finish in the cockpit not grey, and the fuel gauges would be out, and the throttle boxes differ (  same style as the T5 R/H seat )

Cheers

Dave R

On 4/17/2022 at 4:45 AM, wingman5 said:

Hi

I'm afraid the F1a /F2 bonus model that came with the F3 is still only the exterior model 

I suppose you could replace the interior  model with that from the new F2A , but you would also need to transfer over a lot of the textures and Panel folder stuff .... but it would still be wrong, the F1/2 had a black finish in the cockpit not grey, and the fuel gauges would be out, and the throttle boxes differ (  same style as the T5 R/H seat )

Cheers

Dave R

Yeah I tried copying the interior MDL file into the early jets along with the panel folder and common textures. It kinda worked, but something went goofy with the interior model as some panels wouldn't show (although gauges and switches would). There was a giant black space around the HUD and left hand side of the panel like the texture had nothing to lay on. (I think I pulled all the interior textures over as it looked like the ones for the VC were all in the texture.common folder.) Anyway, the 2A interior  looks suitably primitive compared to the more logical feeling layout of the later cockpit. I also like the 92sq paint job. I have built my Airfix F2 and F2A birds both in 92sq colors. 

One question though, how come the inlet blanks don't install on the F.6 or F.3/F.2/F.1A when I select cold and dark? All my other ones do this (as does the F2A after the update). Anyway, thanks for the EXCELLENT lightning series. XS422 is probably my most flown add on!

13 hours ago, jpatt1000 said:

Yeah I tried copying the interior MDL file into the early jets along with the panel folder and common textures. It kinda worked, but something went goofy with the interior model as some panels wouldn't show (although gauges and switches would). There was a giant black space around the HUD and left hand side of the panel like the texture had nothing to lay on. (I think I pulled all the interior textures over as it looked like the ones for the VC were all in the texture.common folder.) Anyway, the 2A interior  looks suitably primitive compared to the more logical feeling layout of the later cockpit. I also like the 92sq paint job. I have built my Airfix F2 and F2A birds both in 92sq colors. 

One question though, how come the inlet blanks don't install on the F.6 or F.3/F.2/F.1A when I select cold and dark? All my other ones do this (as does the F2A after the update). Anyway, thanks for the EXCELLENT lightning series. XS422 is probably my most flown add on!

Hi  

Sounds like you have missed a texture. Post a screenshot so I can tell you witch one.

The intake blank wasn't animated on the F3/F6 , but I figured the framerate was good enough for me to throw a few more polygons into the mix , so the T5 / F53 / F2A got the animated blank, pitot cover and ground locks etc.

Cheers

Dave R