Requesting Honeycomb Support

It has been a long few weeks since getting my honeycomb bravo yoke but at least have it working somewhat successfully for my PMDG B737 and B777 aircraft.

The few niggling issues still remain and I was hoping for some support.

1. The flap axis in only operates between 1degree and 30degrees.  You bush the flap lever all the way up but it won't go to flaps up and you push it down and it wont go to flaps 40.  I can use a key stroke to get these flap positions.  I tried the calibration within the drivers but it hasn't made a difference....One anomaly of the calibration tool is it asks to leave the axis centered which in a yoke setting is fine but what do i do with a throttle, flap or any non centering type axis?  Do i try and find the middle of the range, leave it full up or full down?

2 Trying to make this throttle work with FSUIPC is a nightmare.  Having to configure axis through P3D is very slow if swapping between different aircraft, particularly between prop and jet aircraft, what can be done to make the throttle quadrant play nicely with FSUIPC which is industry standard practice? 

3 If we cannot use fsuipc any more for basic commands then we really need more profiles for many of the more popular aircraft like the Milvis B350i, TFDi B717, Majestic Dash 8 etc.

Hoping to get some support and feedback on these issues.  Thanks.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

regarding your flaps axis problem, for now, I cannot tell you more than making sure that also in your P3D calibration page for this axis everything is setup correctly. For me, setting as little nullzone and as high sensitivity as possibility solved those issues with axis that at first did not want to move the full range.

Regarding FSUIPC: no one is restricting you from making use of it for your Bravo configuration and as far as I know assignments there work as well as they do in our ConfigTool. Only thing missing is the LEDs, of course.

That said, time progressing there will also be more and more profiles coming out, for sure.

12 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Hi,

regarding your flaps axis problem, for now, I cannot tell you more than making sure that also in your P3D calibration page for this axis everything is setup correctly. For me, setting as little nullzone and as high sensitivity as possibility solved those issues with axis that at first did not want to move the full range.

Hi Ben thanks for the info, but any idea where the axis levers need to be (full forward, full back, some approximate place in the middle when it asks for the axis to be centered?With the Alpha yoke its easy to know as you just leave the thing alone but with the Bravo....its not easy to know what to do?

• 3 weeks later...

I have my Bravo assigned and calibrated  in Spad.next (paid not free)much easier and works well with most aircraft including my Aerosoft Twin Otter extended. Dont have PMDG so cant comment.

Now have a new KA350i Milviz and that will not let the Bravo operate the throttle quadrant, flaps work fine and gear is 3 greens so i am asking if anyone has ther Bravo working with Milviz MVAMS/spad.next and or FSUIPC?

Ok now, problem sorted, must have been a conflict.
Cleared everything. including MVAMS, FSUIPC, Spad.next uninstalled honeycomb software then installed updated honeycomb configurator and using spad.next to assign axis event, success, all levers working.
Happy man can now get on with start sequence and binding keys--

Hey john !! i can't message you in private so i write here.

I am trying to calibrate my bravo with my Milviz K350i too and i don t have sucess with spad.next .. i tried to clear everything and reinstall the honeycomb configurator like you and no difference .

I don't know if you can help me to understand the problem , or to give some tips for me i will be happy to find a way to fix it :)

Jean-Philipe

Are you sure you cleared everything? MVAMS configuration file is on C drive app data and has an axis file that needs to be cleared if you used MVAM at all before. Initially dont use the control section, Use  just spad.next to assign axis and does spad recognise your honeycomb axis movement? Do any levers move? do they twitch?. in spad I used Throttle witout reverser,  reverser will be assigned to  buttons when I get to it (they are in the reverse section of the honeycomb, like the saitek) I may put the reverser in with FSUIPC it/I  seem to get a better result.

Anyway check your MVAMS axis file and delete contents. Delete any MILVIZ assigments FSUIPC section in the .ini file so you make sure there is no other conflict plus of course dont enable controllers in P3D, there is also a section in honeycomb where you can cancel the sim assignments click on that. In spad use  a suitable profile to copy from, make new profile and only assign 350i to it.

I tried everything at first and that was my mistake especially with reversing axis in one or other software.

Good luck, I spent days trying before it worked. Now have engines started and saved scenario so can now concentrate on A/P and how to slow down taxi (racing car) and getting ready for maiden flight.

Hey john thanks a lot for your help ,I finally finded the solutions !! I did what you said about FSUIPS assigments and deleted all config and used just Spad config , and now he work fine (power lever , prop and Condition ) . I will concentrate with the autopilot too .

thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Archived