Jump to content

Aerosoft Aircraft - A330


Mathijs Kok
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/1/2022 at 12:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

 

That should be the final.

Mathijs, how are the systems going on though. Are they closing in or its just the model that is done and final. Is a percentage of completion of the systems to much asked or you have an idea? Thank you🙏

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
14 hours ago, Frap 99 said:

Mathijs, how are the systems going on though. Are they closing in or its just the model that is done and final. Is a percentage of completion of the systems to much asked or you have an idea? Thank you🙏

 

88.12%

  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
12 hours ago, Matthew Floyd said:

Hey Mathijs, is the A330 still planned to come to Xbox?

 

Most certainly, however to this moment there is no aircraft with WASM code available on Xbox/Cloud, so we have to wait how things will work.  We have however done all we can to reduce the memory demand of the product because that will be the most obvious bottleneck.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

 

Most certainly, however to this moment there is no aircraft with WASM code available on Xbox/Cloud, so we have to wait how things will work.  We have however done all we can to reduce the memory demand of the product because that will be the most obvious bottleneck.

sorry I did not understand it is not sure that it will come out on xbox? you encounter problems

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
On 12/3/2022 at 1:58 PM, nonoamg said:

sorry I did not understand it is not sure that it will come out on xbox? you encounter problems

 

I am sorry I was not totally clear.

 

The issue is that until we have released it for PC we are unable to test it on the Xbox/Cloud platform. So while we can do full test on PC, we simply are not able to do so at this moment on Xbox/Cloud. Now ideally these platforms should be the same as PC, but it would be wrong to release something untested.  So it is absolutely planned, just as we plan to have the CRJ and Twin Otter out on Xbox/Cloud the moment it is possible.

 

Keep in mind that the Xbox/Cloud version have to deal with less memory, so being super critical with your memory allocation is vital. Complex DLC will only work if it is programmed to the latest standards of the SDK (and the latest standards of game design in fact). So no 8k textures but 2k plus decals. That looks a LOT better anyway and saves 75% of the memory.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, awesome project and I look forward for this awesome plane in the sim. 
My question: Is there gonna be a CPDLC system in the plane included like hoppie CPDLC. I think it would add a lot to the aircraft, precisely because CPDLC is the main communication on a long-haul flight across the ocean. I sincerely apologize if this question has already been asked.
LG and always happy flights

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Clemens11 said:

Hey, awesome project and I look forward for this awesome plane in the sim. 
My question: Is there gonna be a CPDLC system in the plane included like hoppie CPDLC. I think it would add a lot to the aircraft, precisely because CPDLC is the main communication on a long-haul flight across the ocean. I sincerely apologize if this question has already been asked.
LG and always happy flights

Please use the search function and you will find the answer. ;)

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Mathijs, I was very disappointed about the recently released "Free" A310 from Inibuilds since it needs AVX Support and therefore does not run on my old Machine. Besides the Velocopter also "Free" it's the only Bird that needs AVX Support.

 

So how about your A330? Can it fly on a Core i5-750 with only 8GB of DDR3 SDRAM? Having no Problem with your other Aircraft as well as with PMDG, Fenix, Hyper Performance Group and others. Only this silly A310. It's all about programming. So if the A330 will run on my System it will be on my List.

 

I could test it before as Beta Pilot 🙂

 

Best regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

I will ask, but your CPU will most certainly be below the requirements of the product and is also below the requirements of the simulator itself.

I know Mathijs it's an old Workhorse. Funny Thing is that I get with most settings Ultra, GXR Pro and FSLTL Traffic, about 20 to 25 FPS in Fenix 320, FBW3x, PMDG 737-700 and DC 6, and many more. I guess those are High End Products and they work flawlessly.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahh details... so many details...

See the 417VU marking?

 

Please login to display this image.

 


A bit disappointed in seeing that the geometry is rather low resolution. A few more polygons to round out the edges would not have hurt in this engine. I can count the polygons on those round knobs which is a bit annoying. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OneMoreFelix said:


A bit disappointed in seeing that the geometry is rather low resolution. A few more polygons to round out the edges would not have hurt in this engine. I can count the polygons on those round knobs which is a bit annoying. 

Bro didnt move a single finger to make that project what it is now, yet making statements as if your subjective opinion will change something. For everyone sake, if you have nothing constructive to bring, just keep it to yourself. Thanks

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Russian said:

Bro didnt move a single finger to make that project what it is now, yet making statements as if your subjective opinion will change something. For everyone sake, if you have nothing constructive to bring, just keep it to yourself. Thanks


I am free to share my opinion whichever way I want and I will continue to do so. I know that can be a bit intimidating for some. Don’t read my posts if you take it so personal. Thanks

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
10 hours ago, OneMoreFelix said:


A bit disappointed in seeing that the geometry is rather low resolution. A few more polygons to round out the edges would not have hurt in this engine. I can count the polygons on those round knobs which is a bit annoying. 

 

You realize the viewpoint is 5 centimeters from the knob? 

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
2 hours ago, OneMoreFelix said:

I am free to share my opinion whichever way I want and I will continue to do so. I know that can be a bit intimidating for some. Don’t read my posts if you take it so personal. Thanks

 

You are.  But it simply did not make a lot of sense, if you zoom in enough you will ALWAYS see the geometry of a round object. And this was zoomed in toa a degree that is only possible when you lay on the seats or sit on the ground. 

 

How 'round' you make an object is a complex decision for a modeler. You have to balance looks and performance. Balance high end users and people with older hardware. In the case of MSFS you also have to keep Xbox/Cloud in mind because you simply do not have a lot of memory available on those platforms.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use