Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

On 3/20/2022 at 7:35 PM, TheBlackRat said:

Any confirmation yet if the A318/A319/A320/A321 CEO/NEO is next in line after the A330?

A330 is looking great! Keep up the good work and am very excited to expand my MSFS fleet!!

On 5/15/2021 at 10:35 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I can confirm the A330 has priority at this moment. 

Don't think we have anything but this at the moment. I presume that means that the dev-team for the A330 (or at least large parts of it) will jump onto the A320 family after release. Keep in mind that the post quoted post above is fairly old as well. For all I know there is simultaneous development (at least at some extent).

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2022 at 1:56 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

And that ends up something looking like this:

Please login to display this image.

Good job. Now just put in the default A320 cockpit, sounds and physics and sell it the CaptainSim Way :-D Just kidding! Keep up the good work.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Rishi Gunukula said:

Will the A330 come to Xbox? And will the EFB be on the xbox version too? Also how would simbrief integration work on it?

Yes we do plan a release for Xbox but it is not sure if all features are feasible on that platform at this moment.

This progress looks fantastic. I can't wait to fly this bird in the sim. May I ask you what version of the 330-300 you guys model? How much fuel can it carry? 

And maybe a special question you have to say no to: Can I see a pic of the beautiful 330 nose in sim? Pretty please? 

Keep up the great work!

evening all again i ask" morning all. i have read through this entire thread. I see my question was asked and partly answered by non aerosoft. but will the copilot function be done for msfs a33x aircraft? regards steve"

warm regards MK

Are there any planned changes to the soundpack or is it more or less the same as the P3D version? Will the engine buzzsaw sound fade with altitude like other developers do?

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Bigt said:

Are there any planned changes to the soundpack or is it more or less the same as the P3D version? Will the engine buzzsaw sound fade with altitude like other developers do?

Full new sound pack.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
15 hours ago, mousemansteven said:

evening all again i ask" morning all. i have read through this entire thread. I see my question was asked and partly answered by non aerosoft. but will the copilot function be done for msfs a33x aircraft? regards steve"

warm regards MK

We still have to look at that, it is not sure to use what is at this moment possible on all platforms.

• Upvote 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Around 76 500 kg.

We have no additional center tank on our A330-343, only trim tank in tail.

Thank you... now I can already plan some routes ...

• Aerosoft
vor 33 Minuten schrieb JasonmCork:

Is there a break fan on the A330? I thought i heard a Turkish A330 years ago blowing the fan but i remember there is no fan button on AS A330?

Normally you only have those on the narrow body Airbusses...as the wide bodies have longer turnaround times, there is just no need for brake fans.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, BenBaron said:

Normally you only have those on the narrow body Airbusses...as the wide bodies have longer turnaround times, there is just no need for brake fans.

Makes perfect sense!!

If he doesn't rely on the WASM code, then there certainly won't be many problems with the release on the Xbox. Let's hope everything goes well and we can welcome the a330 to the sim soon. Good work and greetings, aerosoft.

I'm also really looking forward to the screenshots of the finished cockpit that will be available at some point. The graphics will be a feast for the eyes. Aerosoft has already shown what they can do with the CRJ.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, BenBaron said:

I'm pretty sure that the system code will still be WASM based. It was only the EFB that Mathijs talked about being done differently.

Correct. We do the EFB in JS so it can connect to weather, charts, simBrief etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/25/2022 at 7:49 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Full new sound pack.

And just to clarify, will the engine sounds be coded to fade with altitude? PMDG, FBW, another P3D Airbus developer, etc all code their aircraft this way and I'm hoping you'll follow.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bigt said:

And just to clarify, will the engine sounds be coded to fade with altitude? PMDG, FBW, another P3D Airbus developer, etc all code their aircraft this way and I'm hoping you'll follow.

Should fade with increase in Mach number, shouldn't it? Because the cockpit is ahead of the engines, at Mach 0.8, the sound of the engines has to travel 5 times the distance to make it to the cockpit. At that point, the ambient air travelling over the cockpit structure becomes the more dominant sound...which is generally much quieter because the air is less dense?

• Like 1