Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Will the throttles on the MSFS versions have to be locked to an axis like the P3D models? Since MSFS is on Xbox too it would be great if that wasn't the case this time around, so we can just press and hold a button on the controller to increase/decrease the throttle. 

• Aerosoft
On 1/19/2022 at 1:27 PM, fahdriyami said:

Will the throttles on the MSFS versions have to be locked to an axis like the P3D models? Since MSFS is on Xbox too it would be great if that wasn't the case this time around, so we can just press and hold a button on the controller to increase/decrease the throttle. 

Good point, we have to keep that in mind.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 12:16 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Good point, we have to keep that in mind.

Hi Mathijs! Two cents from a "customized" TCA quadrant user here. Could you please consider adding throttle detent zones calibration if it's not too much of a hassle :) (something like this would be greatly appreciated! : EFB-Calibration-Page)

On 1/26/2022 at 2:38 AM, EwKY. said:

Hi Mathijs! Two cents from a "customized" TCA quadrant user here. Could you please consider adding throttle detent zones calibration if it's not too much of a hassle :) (something like this would be greatly appreciated! : 

)

aerosoft include detent range on the CRJ family so i'm pretty sure they will already have this covered!

• Like 3

Austin over at X-plane seems really excited about their new A330: It's FBW'system, engine simulation and the physics of the main landing gear (according to him, giving an extra push on takeoff). Are you planning to make a product that match the advertised realism of their offering?

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mikkel said:

Austin over at X-plane seems really excited about their new A330: It's FBW'system, engine simulation and the physics of the main landing gear (according to him, giving an extra push on takeoff). Are you planning to make a product that match the advertised realism of their offering?

The drag reduction when the wheels are retracked has been modeled in our Airbuses since 2016. Down to the difference in position of the drag of all gears.

So, the answer to your question, yes.

Hello,
I have another very important suggestion.
Can not you please make the mouse operation for the FCU as in the P3d left mouse button press right mouse button drag.
With the above and below pointer I find terrible.
Probably comes from the joypad, can you fly with it überhaubt?
MfG 
CFG874 Bernd

10 hours ago, flieger1978 said:

Hello, I saw on YouTube that the A330 will not come this year. Is that correct ?

Firstly which video, secondly unless it came from Aerosoft, don't believe dates, and thirdly I'd be very surprised if the A330 didn't release this year

My german isn't the greatest, but it's entirely pure speculation, now the Twotter is released I am guessing the A330 will have a full team on it, like I said from experience (as a project manager/scheduler) I highly doubt we won't see the A330 till next year

• Like 2

We will see nobody knows- seems like that good airplanes for MSFS are highly complex - this we can see at the moment on all sides like Aerosoft, PMDG, Fenix …………

good planes takes a while 😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flieger1978 said:

We will see nobody knows- seems like that good airplanes for MSFS are highly complex - this we can see at the moment on all sides like Aerosoft, PMDG, Fenix …………

good planes takes a while 😉

The issue with the first couple of planes is there were elements of the SDK that needed adding or improving, this took time, of which that hurdle seems to be past, with PMDG (as an example) saying there's no more blockers for them to release their products, so theoretically now we have the first planes like the CRJ, Twitter, close to the NG3, Fenix A320 etc, new planes will not meet the same issues and therefore take less time to create.

Plus mathijs said in December that the A330 was a few solid months from BETA, I really can't see a few months meaning a 2023 release especially at one point last year there was a chance of the first A330 releasing in late 2021

• Like 2

My educated guess would be something else will be planned for release to MSFS by the end of the year, given as every indication thus far(indeed that's what they have said)is of these aircraft the A330 will be the first, could that change, could Aerosoft suddenly get the urge to release the Fokker 50 possibly...... could it run into delay sure, but I don't see a gap of 12 months between releases as likely. 

• Aerosoft

The Fenix works mainly outside the sim and are not hindered by many limitations. Their issue will be mainly commercial as that can't be sold on the marketplace and that is were you sell by far the most copies. 

We are at this moment doing a new round of scheduling so perhaps I can say something more next week. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...