Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

To what extent can we expect Shared cockpit, in FSX and P3D this was a great experience with Aerosoft products. Are such features also planned, possibly with an update?

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, Fuschl said:

To what extent can we expect Shared cockpit, in FSX and P3D this was a great experience with Aerosoft products. Are such features also planned, possibly with an update?

Yes, we feel very very strong about that. An airliner is flown with two people. Trying to fly it on your own is simply unrealistic, no matter how exquisite the aircraft is. There is no such thing as an airline pilot flying an aircraft, there is a crew flying an aircraft.

It is how untested water in MSFS and not available on release.  We will work on it but only release it when we have cross-platform compatibility, so PC. Xbox and Cloud.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure.

Please login to display this image.

Want to see detail?

Real detail?

I'm amazed by the details 😱 of the cargo I feel like I'm going back to my years at the airport when I unload the cargo congratulations to your team I can't wait

• Like 8

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Svend Loggerhead said:

If only MSFS had shared cockpit built-in, I’ve always had problems with YourControls being glitchy.

I truly believe a generic solution will never work for more complex aircraft.  Just things like Control Priority / Priority Takeover Button and handling of Dual Stick Input is massively complex and not just a matter of sending variables.

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

I'm amazed by the details 😱 of the hold I feel like I'm going back to my years at the airport when I unload the holds congratulations to your team I can't wait

Now that is a crappy job that should be paid way more than it now is.  On your knees pushing expensive suitcases around. I did it for a day when I was 18. People told me I had to find a job where I could use my mind and not my hands.  Guess where I ended up...

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure.

Want to see detail?

Real detail?

Amazing but, I feel like the landing gear suspension is a bit higher that the real images I saw.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sure.

Want to see detail?

Real detail?

Corr She's looking close :) 

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Now that is a crappy job that should be paid way more than it now is.  On your knees pushing expensive suitcases around. I did it for a day when I was 18. People told me I had to find a job where I could use my mind and not my hands.  Guess where I ended up...

oh yes you started there? ... you have landed in the right place now.... yes it was really hard work on your knees to load the luggage in the holds but I prefer to load with a loader lol I even had the pushback training it was good memory

• Like 4

• Aerosoft
13 minutes ago, Leonardo Meschini said:

for the ignorant how but would it be possible to know what the 42 that Mathijs had given us some time ago referred to? lol

Here you go :

https://news.mit.edu/2019/answer-life-universe-and-everything-sum-three-cubes-mathematics-0910#:~:text=The number 42 is especially,the Universe%2C and Everything.”

• Aerosoft
23 minutes ago, YAG said:

Amazing but, I feel like the landing gear suspension is a bit higher that the real images I saw.

You did see the cargo holds are empty, right? Tanks as well. Say 285.000 lb. Now add cargo, humans, and fuel and you can get up to 534,000 lb!   That is almost double the empty aircraft. The A330 is a remarkably efficient aircraft. And believe me, you see that in the suspension. 

What was the weight of the aircraft you saw in your pictures? 

• Like 7

• Aerosoft
20 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Or better, ChatGPT:

"42" is a reference to a number in Douglas Adams' book "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." In the book, a group of hyper-intelligent beings build a supercomputer named Deep Thought to calculate the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. After seven and a half million years, Deep Thought reveals that the answer is 42, but it cannot provide the question that led to that answer. The number has since become a popular cultural reference, often used to represent an answer that is obscure or difficult to understand.

And believe me "obscure or difficult" does apply. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You did see the cargo holds are empty, right? Tanks as well. Say 285.000 lb. Now add cargo, humans, and fuel and you can get up to 534,000 lb!   That is almost double the empty aircraft. The A330 is a remarkably efficient aircraft. And believe me, you see that in the suspension. 

What was the weight of the aircraft you saw in your pictures? 

it's really well done very realistic I was going to tell you how did you do that Mathijs lol we can see that the plane is empty

• Like 4

will there be liveries on the marketplace for xbox like there is for the a320 a310 787 and 747. I really want to see an aer lingus (new and old) but i haven’t seen that listed anywhere and i fly on xbox so it’s not that easy to get 3rd party liveries

• Like 1

• Aerosoft
36 minutes ago, msfs said:

Well done Mr.Kok. Will the A330 come with the old CRT/EIS1 screens and standby instrument configurations?

No way, never.  All our aircraft are always as modern as we can make it.

Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
14 minutes ago, Thomas Delaney said:

will there be liveries on the marketplace for xbox like there is for the a320 a310 787 and 747. I really want to see an aer lingus (new and old) but i haven’t seen that listed anywhere and i fly on xbox so it’s not that easy to get 3rd party liveries

That is not for us to decide. We do not deliver additional liveries because it is hard to compete with the many talented repainters using our painkit. 

• Aerosoft
Just now, cabr6n said:

Stunning bird you got there, how optimized is it for the lower pc's 

It is made to work on Xbox and FSCloud. So it is HIGHLY optimized.

However, until we are done it is not possible to test. I promise the specs on the product page will be honest. Not like 'it will work if you make all scenery look like FS2004'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That is not for us to decide. We do not deliver additional liveries because it is hard to compete with the many talented repainters using our painkit. 

thank you! i think i phrased my question wrong. i meant would you be ok with for example 4simmers releasing an a330 livery pack on the marketplace or would you be against that like captain sim is.