Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Mitchercherry said:

EFB:

The Aerosoft-Charts and the complete Simbrief Flightplan work on XBox too or only PC?

We have not been able to test that, but they whole development has always been to offer all features on PC. Xbox and Cloud. That means there is no element that does not run INSIDE the sim.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2023 at 5:28 PM, Scandinavian said:

The A330 is not just a long haul aircraft, it's also very often a high density medium distance hauler. So intersection departures aren't a rare occurrence in a 330.

Intersection distances are at least in Europe almost always listed on chart 10-9

Please login to display this image.

There you go with an exemple of it, in this case it's 10-9A.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, James Rob said:

Is there any news on the paint kit, I think I have read a few times that something was to be announced on Monday? 
James

Did I say release on Monday? If so, sorry. 

We intend to get that out this week, at this moment we are trying to make a simplified 3d model so people can test it. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And that is why you should never say anything like that, lol. It always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Major setback? I would not call it like that, but there were issues that were vastly underestimated. We expected calculations that worked for close to a decade to work in MSFS and they did not.  Should we have seen that earlier? Of course but things are as they are. 

There is also a major feature creep element.  As you develop things other teams release things you want to include as well. When as project manager, I tell the dev team I want this and this they tell me it is going to costs so and so many months. It is super hard to resist that, certainly as customers on forums (talking about you readers) start to expect it without any regards to the product price or coverage. See, if we would only work for the PC platform things would be a lot easier. But we think, no... we know, we can deliver the same content on Xbox and Cloud. Without simplifying things. Aks PMDG, they feel exactly the same.  And there are a heck of a lof sales on those platforms you would be an idiot not to include them. There was a time when you could not hook up a rudder, stick, throttle, mouse and keyboard to an Xbox, but those days are way behind us. When I fly for pleasure, I would never fire up one of the PC's, I would be in the air in 2 minutes on my Xbox on my big TV.

Are we late? Yes.  

So can we get a general idea of when it will be released. Not an exact date but just something like Q2 etc. so we have an idea of when we can expect it

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Did I say release on Monday? If so, sorry. 

We intend to get that out this week, at this moment we are trying to make a simplified 3d model so people can test it. 

I’ve sent an email forward about something on the last page to do with Trent 700s also, I believe I read something about something going on, during Monday 

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, Xanys Lecix said:

There you go with an exemple of it, in this case it's 10-9A.

I am not sure what you are trying to show here.

As I explained, on a A330 it is rare you would not use the whole runway, in fact many airlines forbid their crews to accept anything but.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mathijs Kok said:

As I explained, on a A330 it is rare you would not use the whole runway, in fact many airlines forbid their crews to accept anything but.

My bad, I seen now that they closed the topic, I meant to show where you can find intersection runway lenghts using charts.

• Aerosoft
2 minutes ago, Xanys Lecix said:

My bad, I seen now that they closed the topic, I meant to show where you can find intersection runway lenghts using charts.

Ahh yes.  When we implement this feature it will be simple... You will click the runway section and will be able to enter the runway length. Top red arrow. As there is no database that has intersections/runway lenght you will have to calculate this yourself.

It is funny though that every simmer seems focused on TORA while TODR is way, wayyyyyy more important for a pilot. No DLC every modeled that. I got no idea how to do so.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And that is why you should never say anything like that, lol. It always comes back to bite you in the ass.

Major setback? I would not call it like that, but there were issues that were vastly underestimated. We expected calculations that worked for close to a decade to work in MSFS and they did not.  Should we have seen that earlier? Of course but things are as they are. 

There is also a major feature creep element.  As you develop things other teams release things you want to include as well. When as project manager, I tell the dev team I want this and this they tell me it is going to costs so and so many months. It is super hard to resist that, certainly as customers on forums (talking about you readers) start to expect it without any regards to the product price or coverage. See, if we would only work for the PC platform things would be a lot easier. But we think, no... we know, we can deliver the same content on Xbox and Cloud. Without simplifying things. Aks PMDG, they feel exactly the same.  And there are a heck of a lof sales on those platforms you would be an idiot not to include them. There was a time when you could not hook up a rudder, stick, throttle, mouse and keyboard to an Xbox, but those days are way behind us. When I fly for pleasure, I would never fire up one of the PC's, I would be in the air in 2 minutes on my Xbox on my big TV.

Are we late? Yes.  

Thank you for the response. As a project manager myself, I can confirm that you are 100% right for all things you said.. I would not like my project to miss easy sales either.. 

It's just the wish that the product will come to us soon, and excitement about flying this thing, as we are really desperate for the decent long haul experience(exclude 310, as it has no major operators).. 

So I am really supporting you and hope that you will solve all issues really soon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If this is about a release date... we have one set in concrete.  Just not telling!

People who set release dates in concrete before finalizing the specs are doomed to employ jackhammers.😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Ahh yes.  When we implement this feature it will be simple... You will click the runway section and will be able to enter the runway length. Top red arrow. As there is no database that has intersections/runway lenght you will have to calculate this yourself.

It is funny though that every simmer seems focused on TORA while TODR is way, wayyyyyy more important for a pilot. No DLC every modeled that. I got no idea how to do so.

That EFB is looking superb, quick question regarding efb and the mcdu to a certain extent. Will the efb and said mcdu import fuel and weights from simbrief and automatically compute CG etc?

Kind regards

vor 1 Stunde schrieb John2:

People who set release dates in concrete before finalizing the specs are doomed to employ jackhammers.

This is, what I’m not understanding. You want to have a release date, this message, actually, must be a good message for you. And if they will have time-pressure or an heavy issue or whatever, shortly before the „set release date“, then they will be announce a new, possible release date.

kind regards, and i‘m looking forward t this beautiful bird.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Very rough...

At this moment the A330 seems to be easier on the FPS as CRJ are. That is mainly because our modelers understand the graphics engine better and can make a more optimized model. Stefan and Anne are in my very biased opinion the cats ass. Stefan was a trained modeler when he joined my team and he has done 16 aircraft by now. Not a lot that he does not know. Anne lacks that background but came to use fully trained on the most modern graphics engines and is super efficient with her polygons whole keeping a great sense of colors and 'completeness'.  As said, I am biased. 

BUT.... we still need to add things. So in the end I would think we will end up with a bit higher load then the CRJ but not by much.  As you know we sell airports AND aircraft so we learned the hard way that an aircraft can never eat up too much resources.  Besides, planning for Xbox and Cloud teaches you a few things about being efficient with memory.

All in all, FPS is not an issue that keeps me awake. 

Wonderful and thank you very much for the in-depth answer!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pilotpro1000 said:

This is, what I’m not understanding. You want to have a release date, this message, actually, must be a good message for you. And if they will have time-pressure or an heavy issue or whatever, shortly before the „set release date“, then they will be announce a new, possible release date.

kind regards, and i‘m looking forward t this beautiful bird.

The idea of not announcing a release date is to generate suspense and buzz so that by the time it is finally released everyone is so hyped up about it they immediately run out and buy it. Good marketing strategy. And, in addition, nobody really knows when it will be released!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

vor 7 Stunden schrieb John2:

The idea of not announcing a release date is to generate suspense and buzz so that by the time it is finally released everyone is so hyped up about it they immediately run out and buy it. Good marketing strategy. And, in addition, nobody really knows when it will be released!

Ok. Agree with you. But without marketing, we will never get any product… Doesn’t matter. We are all exiting for this aircraft, and if this will be not good, as we expect, then we don’t buy that. That’s my point.

(but I definitely buy that, because, I think, that this bird will be a great product!😉)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John2 said:

Maybe the idea is to not announce internal deadlines to the public, to avoid getting unhappy nagging customers and bad press when they are missed? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think not announcing deadlines is because if they did announce deadlines, and they missed them for any number of reasons, they would have tons of people in the forums going “oH mY gOd YoU sAiD tHaT iT wOuLd Be OuT By NoW!!!!!!1!!1!!”

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Do you think there could be a way to compromise on this issue? Maybe you guys don't have to put intersection options on the EFB, but maybe to appease the groups wanting to do intersection takeoffs we could manually adjust the runway lengths using the information available? I'm not a developer, but based off what I can see already, it seems as if implementing that would not be TOO much extra work.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, SoarandSkor said:

Do you think there could be a way to compromise on this issue? Maybe you guys don't have to put intersection options on the EFB, but maybe to appease the groups wanting to do intersection takeoffs we could manually adjust the runway lengths using the information available? I'm not a developer, but based off what I can see already, it seems as if implementing that would not be TOO much extra work.

"Oh I doubt that it can be that much extra work" is always what precedes something that gets you stuck for days or even weeks. Been there, done that. :D

But joking aside. We'll make a note out of this for the future. But we have other higher priorities right now we want to work on. This is not something that would be considered as "release critical" item. And this does not mean either that we promise to deliver it later. We'll see if we manage to fit it in at some point depending on what the future holds.

• Like 5

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, mikkel said:

Maybe the idea is to not announce internal deadlines to the public, to avoid getting unhappy nagging customers and bad press when they are missed? 

Well it is mainly to avoid me looking like idiot. But you are right...  But we do not do surprise releases, so you will know some weeks in advance.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1