Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

Dying for this now, ive had a big long break due to some weird ground steering issue on all aircraft on all sticks but autorudder seems to have fixed it some bit.

Also looking forward to the Cargo Expansion :D

I Joke but hopefully that comes too.

• Like 3

On 1/22/2023 at 11:22 PM, VBHB said:

A310. 11hr long hauls are easy.

A310 last time i played there was a radio atc glitch. Destroyed all my motivation. And i want a modern long haul

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I am getting some new files delivered soon so will make some new images and probably also some video of the EFB functions.

We also think the painkit (+t) will be available next week.  Do not read this as a sign a release is soon. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Presto riceverò alcuni nuovi file, quindi realizzerò alcune nuove immagini e probabilmente anche alcuni video delle funzioni EFB.

Pensiamo anche che il painkit (+t) sarà disponibile la prossima settimana. Non leggere questo come un segno che un rilascio è presto. 

but for ľxbox will we have to wait for ľsu in March?

• Aerosoft
33 minutes ago, Pilotefr said:

sorry Mathijs I did not understand ... microsoft manages the release for the xbox? or for any version that you will provide pc/xbox/cloud thank you

Yes correct. Not only Xbox/Cloud though, any Marketplace release is done by Microsoft and we have no influence on that. When things release is just as much a surprise for you as it is for us.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes correct. Not only Xbox/Cloud though, any Marketplace release is done by Microsoft and we have no influence on that. 

thank you for the answer I understand better now yes I hope it will be fixed with the future sim 12 update

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Pilotefr said:

thank you for the answer I understand better now yes I hope it will be fixed with the future sim 12 update

As do we. 

In forums like this we see the vast majority of users using their simulators on a Windows PC, but at Aerosoft we solidly believe in the holy trinity of PC/Xbox/Cloud. If I need to quickly need to test something for a support call I would always fire up the cloud version of MSFS because it simply is so much faster. I can be inside the sim, in the aircraft on the airport in 90 seconds. With a solid framerate. On a known platform that is always updated.  At the same time I would never load a glider on my PC. Laying down on my couch using the Xbox is just so much more fun.

"Serious" simmers and many publishers totally underestimate the Xbox/Cloud market.  Microsoft has mentioned over 2 million users of MSFS in the last quarter of 2022. Personally I think PC users are the minority in that spreadsheet.  Any publisher/developer who is to tap into that potential will make a lot of money.

PMDG just got their 737 released on the Marketplace, I am sure they make serious sales with that. When it is available on Xbox/Cloud they will make another load of sales. 

• Like 5

yes I also agree I have a computer but it's not powerful enough for msfs personally I'm on xbox serie x in front of my sony 55 pouse led screen it's really great lying on the couch it's really fast too but on the cloud to guide the plane on the runway you use the joystick? Or do you let the AI flight assistant do it? 

Am 25.1.2023 um 13:09 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

For sure!

Would it also be possible to get a 3D model via Blender 3D for this aircraft. ? Some paintkits are not easy to increase and mean significant differences on the real aircraft.

Greetings to the whole development team ! As an A330 fan I'm really looking forward to this plane!

• Aerosoft
17 hours ago, BlackLiverieZ said:

Would it also be possible to get a 3D model via Blender 3D for this aircraft. ? Some paintkits are not easy to increase and mean significant differences on the real aircraft.

Sorry, absolutely not. There is a medium sized fortune in that model and we simply can't give that away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So how do you suggest painting a proper tail without a 3D model and Blender Paint? It's absolutely impossible to align a company logo on the vertical stabilizer and the rudder on a PSD file where those parts are somewhere in nowhere.

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Himbi said:

So how do you suggest painting a proper tail without a 3D model and Blender Paint? It's absolutely impossible to align a company logo on the vertical stabilizer and the rudder on a PSD file where those parts are somewhere in nowhere.

Make a livery with numbered checkerboards of the area you are unsure about, watch it in MSFS, do screenshots and paint based on that knowledge...?

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Himbi said:

in that case you simply have to wait. For the A320 we had over 100 repaints done before release. 
But very simply, the 3D model has costs us tens of thousands of euro's. It will not be shared.

• Like 5

No one says that you should share a complete 3D model with all animations etc. What about a 'dummy' model, just a basic render like you can get it for the freeware Headwind A330neo? That would make things much more easier.

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft
59 minutes ago, Himbi said:

No one says that you should share a complete 3D model with all animations etc. What about a 'dummy' model, just a basic render like you can get it for the freeware Headwind A330neo? That would make things much more easier.

I will discuss that on Monday.

• Upvote 4

When landing, and engaging the Reverse thrust, will we be able to hear the spool of the trents when the reverse starts to kick in? In P3d it wasn't the case, and it is the case in real life. Also wondering if there was a chance to get a glimpse of the cockpit sounds.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4