Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft
22 minutes ago, JohanStr said:

Hi @Mathijs Kok,

I’ve noticed that PMDG really optimized their 737s to cope with increased sim rates. This makes long haul flying very pleasurable. Can we expect this for the AS A330 as well?

We have not seen any issues with that so far. I am not sure if there is any optimization possible for that btw, will ask RSR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Pilotamg said:

sorry I am a novice lol on the efb so if I understand correctly we just have between the starting point and the arrival point and it calculates automatically?

The EFB can download flightplans that contain the route and the altitudes/speeds. So the calculation is already done at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TaWeno said:

Could there be a Spanish library? Like Iberia, Air Europa, LEVEL, Evelop!, etc...
Or argentina, like aerolíneas argentinas

If aerosoft don't make livieries, there will be 100's made by the community. I would rather they release the plane than create liveries 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ben carpy said:

If aerosoft don't make livieries, there will be 100's made by the community. I would rather they release the plane than create liveries 

Indeed. So many talanted painters posting to flightsim .to, we will be spoiled for sure

20 minutes ago, PaulA320. said:

Ich will ihn endlich Fliegen könnnen sie mir sagen ob es noch Monate sind oder noch Tage ?

there is no point in asking you have to look first at what Mathijs replied

• Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
27 minutes ago, PaulA320. said:

Ich will ihn endlich Fliegen könnnen sie mir sagen ob es noch Monate sind oder noch Tage ?

And the answer is something like 42 ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Pilotamg said:

I always wondered how the developers manage to recover the sounds you go directly to the plane?

Depends. These days it is often a specialized team that does that because it is almost impossible to get somebody to set up an A330 on a platform and do full power while you make recordings. In the deep past that was almost always possible to arrange, unbelievable now. For internal recording we lean a lot on our befriended pilots who can record the sound of a switch or how the startup of the display cooling starts. We also have done these recordings at our befriended Paderborn airport where our HQ is. 

But as said, these days it can be damned hard. It took us over a year to get a better recording for the Twin Otter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Depends. These days it is often a specialized team that does that because it is almost impossible to get somebody to set up an A330 on a platform and do full power while you make recordings. In the deep past that was almost always possible to arrange, unbelievable now. For internal recording we lean a lot on our befriended pilots who can record the sound of a switch or how the startup of the display cooling starts. We also have done these recordings at our befriended Paderborn airport where our HQ is. 

But as said, these days it can be damned hard. It took us over a year to get a better recording for the Twin Otter.

oh yes I now understand why we have the airport on msfs for free it's the headquarters of aerosoft it's really cool I like to fly there I really like the animation of the passengers

• Aerosoft
20 minutes ago, Pilotamg said:

oh yes I now understand why we have the airport on msfs for free it's the headquarters of aerosoft it's really cool I like to fly there I really like the animation of the passengers

And it was the first serious DLC for MSFS...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

And it was the first serious DLC for MSFS...

it's really well done as an airport plus you can park a 747 or 777 easily plus I'm just waiting for the 330 to come out I'm going to buy 2 dlc but I don't know what to take lol I'm on xbox

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

The EFB can download flightplans that contain the route and the altitudes/speeds. So the calculation is already done at that point.

Can we expect that simBrief plannings (PAX, Cargo, fuel,..) will also be taken from simbrief into the EFB? Otherwise it was always a bit pitty to adjust the sliders to the planning in simbrief to match.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1