Aerosoft Aircraft - A330 Preview

Message added by Tom,

Aerosoft A330 Preview

Please read the FAQ prior to posting.

Have a livery request? Check out the Livery Request thread here.

• Aerosoft

One of the parts of this product we have not yet shown is the documentation.  Next to the standard PDF manuals (six of those), there is a new interactive manual that makes is a lot easier to get to know the aircraft. You can run this on any tablet, laptop or computer as it is a web based system.  As far as we know this has not been done before. 

It has two major parts, one to explain the cockpit and one that uses the standard flows to guide you through a whole flight. At any point can you click deeper to get information on a system. Best to explain this with a very quick and dirty video of the current early beta version. In the weeks to come we will show you more details of this system. 

Pause the video to read stuff.

• Like 12

• Aerosoft

Not 100% sure what you are asking for. Progress is good, we skipped a few deadlines (software urghhh) but have made some changes that will speed up development.

Other then that I think I show and discuss a lot of what is going on.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
40 minutes ago, Til1986 said:

Does the fact that the video is called "Aerosoft A330 beta" mean that the plane is in beta testing?

mmmm.... yes and no. We use a system where parts of the aircraft are tested while other parts are still being done.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

mmmm.... yes and no. We use a system where parts of the aircraft are tested while other parts are still being done.

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

One of the parts of this product we have not yet shown is the documentation.  Next to the standard PDF manuals (six of those), there is a new interactive manual that makes is a lot easier to get to know the aircraft. You can run this on any tablet, laptop or computer as it is a web based system.  As far as we know this has not been done before. 

It has two major parts, one to explain the cockpit and one that uses the standard flows to guide you through a whole flight. At any point can you click deeper to get information on a system. Best to explain this with a very quick and dirty video of the current early beta version. In the weeks to come we will show you more details of this system. 

thank you for this video i will watch it tonight on my tv

Maybe a little too greedy but good is it possible to have the documentation before the release of the A330 to be on top the day of its release ?

Well done again for all you are doing can't wait to fly this plane on msfs !

On 9/25/2022 at 6:30 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Hello Mathijs,

As already asked many months ago from 2 different members, will there be the center fuel tank?

u reply that would be discussed at the next meeting but you didn't sat anything more

it will be nice to have an answer for the whole community.

Luca

16 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

Maybe a little too greedy but good is it possible to have the documentation before the release of the A330 to be on top the day of its release ?

Well done again for all you are doing can't wait to fly this plane on msfs !

To be fair, it nearly always is released well ahead.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

It would be really cool to learn the systems before the airplane exit

Well here is the Systems manual of the last P3D version, the systems will be almost completely the same.

Vol4-Systems.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi

I assume there is a Pause at T/D
But have you been able to find a solution to the "Active pause" disaster
I mean having the world paused, not only the aircraft movement. Currently the fuel consumption continues after the plane is paused thru the standard MSFS "Active pause". This means  that after a long distance flight and when you return to the sim you need to instantly refuel the plane. 
Is that what we can expect or...

How well is the 330 programed for restarting a saved flight? Just load and go from where you were (PMDG Standard) or?

Mats

I'm still really looking forward to this project! Nice to see AS is still actively working on it.

Was one of the first payware together with the PMDG 737 i was looking forward to when the sim came out in 2020.

Can't imagine its been nearly 2 years.

• Like 1